Article Save Error is Blank

General questions relating to Joomla! 4.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
marcw
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Article Save Error is Blank

Post by marcw » Sat May 25, 2024 11:30 am

Hello,
We have a situation where some of our articles at Believer.com echo the "Error—Save failed with the following error:" but no error number, just a blank. Upon exiting and reloading the article, the changes are stored. Other articles and any new articles save fine with no errors.

It's very strange, as I have checked the database tables, and all seems well. The affected articles are very old and began "life" in Joomla 1.5, then migrated to all newer Joomla versions. I have reported this before in this forum, ran debug, and checked for errors with the settings on Maximum, but nothing shows up. I have tried all other suggestions to no avail.

I really thought with my latest migration months ago from Joomla 3.5 to 4, with all the pre-checking and with all the core Joomla changes and wonderful features added, this situation would have been resolved, but the problem persists, and the old article saves that error act just like before with a message but no reason just blank.

The only "fix" seems to be to Trash the article and create a new one, then copy the article contents into it, and then the saves work fine. It's not an extension, so it must be something left over from the 1.5 migration when the articles were added to the database, but no one seems to be able to tell me how to track it down. The Trash and re-create article "fix" is too laborious in that we have hundreds of articles from that "era," and there are links people still use and search engines have to those articles, so I really need a genuine fix.

I would greatly appreciate any ideas the community submits before I migrate to 5.x on how to find and fix this anomaly!

Thank to all for your time,
marc
Last edited by imanickam on Tue May 28, 2024 3:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed the forum's Infrastructure related note and created a new topic (t=1009447) in the forum Sites & Infrastructure - Feedback/Information by copying the topic.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 4.x”