Dreamhost still has "internal Server Error 500" editing articles Topic is solved

General questions relating to Joomla! 4.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
schmidj
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Dreamhost still has "internal Server Error 500" editing articles

Post by schmidj » Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:22 am

My thanks to user Gaussian for posting his resolution to this issue (which affects Joomla 3 also)

viewtopic.php?t=1000721&sid=2ebed0c9635 ... fd4e886cb9

Dreamhost still has not properly corrected this, a year later, some (probably long) Joomla articles run afoul of their security tests and crash Joomla with the Internal Server Error message (mine didn't have the 500 at the end.)

A five minute chat with their support person, they added my domains to an exception list, and the error has gone away. But I wasted some hours thinking the article was somehow corrupted before I thought to google the error message, finding it is a Dreamhost false positive security issue, not a corrupt article.

Again, thanks for posting your resolution, now I can go on to correct the next issue updating from Joomla 3 to 4 before the Dreamhost PHP police shut my site down (or at least charge me extra for the privilege of using an outdated version of PHP...
Last edited by toivo on Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: moved, not related to 4.x Performance

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 4.x”