Spanish language version 4.2.3.1 is not updated?

General questions regarding the use of languages in Joomla! 4.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
alceste
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Spanish language version 4.2.3.1 is not updated?

Post by alceste » Wed May 17, 2023 8:59 am

Hello
It seems that Spanish language version 4.2.3.1 is not updated.The button appears on yellow shaded with the message ALT: "The language pack does not match this version of joomla" Is it normal? I can't find another version of this language pack. And te same with the catalan language pack ca-es version 4.0.5. Thanks a lot

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Spanish language version 4.2.3.1 is not updated?

Post by imanickam » Wed May 17, 2023 1:49 pm

Yes, both the languages are not updated after the versions you have mentioned.

When I reviewed the languages in the translation repository, https://joomla.crowdin.com/, I noticed that both the languages did not have ProofReaders. As only the translations that are approved by the proofreader's approval will be included in the language pack, even creating a new language pack would not help in any way.

For now, I would suggest installing the language packs that have been published. At least this would give you some ammunition to work with. The untranslated language strings would appear in English, that's all.

Please get in touch with the translation coordinator Stefan Wendhausen (wendhausen - memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=822544) about this and in case if you are interested in contributing he would guide you.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Return to “Language - Joomla! 4.x”