Language constant and finding its new constant name J3 to J4 Topic is solved

General questions regarding the use of languages in Joomla! 4.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
sitesrus
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Language constant and finding its new constant name J3 to J4

Post by sitesrus » Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:40 pm

Since migration to J4, my language overrides don't seem to be working in some cases so I assume constants changed. I tried finding them again to update, but it isn't taking affect.

During article listing view and showing multiple articles vertically with pagination what is the new constant for the Read More ... that shows underneath every article in a button. Just standard joomla content rendering and articles and the type of item rendered has itemprop="blogpost" and its in the p class="readmore" section of the html.

Our articles represent a different type of content so we want to customize it. All overrides from J3 are still there and we tried reverse searching the value in case constant changed but no luck.

A faster way to reverse engineer the constant and where it comes from would be ideal too its kind of slow searching by value, doing an override, refreshing the front end page, trying all over again...
I like working with Joomla :). I offer the following professional services: Custom extension development, SEO/marketing, maintenance/support, security and WCAG audits, and will work on websites at a reasonable rate.

SharkyKZ
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Language constant and finding its new constant name J3 to J4

Post by SharkyKZ » Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:59 pm

Enable language debug and set to show language constants instead of values.

sitesrus
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Language constant and finding its new constant name J3 to J4

Post by sitesrus » Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:19 pm

I found it, was an override for content in the template provider and if < J4 they used one constant otherwise a new global constant so I had to set the new constants, the old ones didn't map to it anymore.
I like working with Joomla :). I offer the following professional services: Custom extension development, SEO/marketing, maintenance/support, security and WCAG audits, and will work on websites at a reasonable rate.

Return to “Language - Joomla! 4.x”