Problem with Compact List of Tagged Items

Need help installing Joomla! 4.x? For all Joomla! 4.x installation issues please use this forum.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
deroderuiter
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Problem with Compact List of Tagged Items

Post by deroderuiter » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:13 am

I use tags in Joomla categories and I make use of a menu to display articles within categories with the same tags: "Compact List of Tagged Items"
In Joomla 3.10.2 this works perfectly, but in Joomla 4.0.3 the list of articles is displayed, but I cannot show the articles. When I click on an article, the home-screen is displayed.
When I inspect the code in Joomla 4, I can see that the link to the article is wrong. The link to the home-page is showed instead of the link to the article.
See the attachments for the Menu-item "Compact List of Tagged Items" and the code in Joomla 3 and Joomla 4
I hope you can help me with this problem.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

deroderuiter
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Problem with Compact List of Tagged Items

Post by deroderuiter » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:31 am

I think this is a bug in Joomla 4 that needs to be fixed!

deroderuiter
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by deroderuiter » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:19 pm

I noticed that there is another problem. If I add tags to a category and use the SAVE button or the SAVE & CLOSE button, then some tags are removed from the Tags field. Very strange bug.

ghazal
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by ghazal » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:44 am

I can see that you are using Helixultimate template.
Is it updated ? Last version : v2.0.5

Is this happening with Cassiopeia ?

deroderuiter
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by deroderuiter » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:04 pm

Indeed, I use the latest version of the Helix Ultimate template, v2.0.5
But the problem also occurs in Cassiopeia.

The problem is rather difficult to explain because the construction of the website is quite complex, and I don't fully understand the problem at the moment, but I solved a part of the problem.

I have categories with tags e.g. the categories "Insects" and "Spiders", each with 3 different tags.
I have a top menu with an items e.g. called "Classification" with a submenu called "Arthropods" with submenu-items "Insects" and "Spiders".
If the submenu-items "Insects" and "Spiders" have the Menu Item Type "Single Article" then the home-page is being displayed instead of an article if I click on one of the items in the "Compact List of Tagged Items".
If the submenu-items "Insects" and "Spiders" have the menu Item Type "Category Blog" then an articles is being displayed if I click on the article in the list.
This is different from Joomla 3 where I used the Menu Item Types "Single Article".

But there is another thing that is different in Joomla 4.
Each category of an animal description has a subcategory-item called "Passport". And for each category of an animal description, I use two site modules: one "Custom" module with pictures and one "Newsflash" module where the passport will be displayed.
In Joomla 3 this works without any problem, but in Joomla 4 the site modules are not being displayed if I choose an article from the Compact List of Tagged Items.
See the attachments.
However, there is one difference between the installation in Joomla 3 and Joomla 4. In Joomla 3, I used OSMap pro to display menus with animal description in the body, but there is no Joomla 4 extension of OSMap pro at the moment, so that is not installed yet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Installation Joomla! 4.x”