can't start installation / An error has occurred while processing your request Topic is solved

Need help installing Joomla! 4.x? For all Joomla! 4.x installation issues please use this forum.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
fabian21
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

can't start installation / An error has occurred while processing your request

Post by fabian21 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:11 am

hello. I decided to revisit Joomla after years away from it. I've been getting bored with Wordpress.

ubuntu 22.04
nginx 1.18.0
php 8.1 (incorporated via php-fpm)
joomla 4.2.2 stable full package

trying to navigate to my homepage to start the initial installation presents me with the attached error message (screenshot). any thoughts?
Screen Shot 2022-09-11 at 9.57.52 PM.png
the config for nginx was taken from suggested Joomla examples. at the moment, to me, it doesn't appear to be that but you be the judge. i've also attached said nginx config for review. php-fpm is in its default state after package install.
joomla-nginx-config.txt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ceford
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: can't start installation / An error has occurred while processing your request

Post by ceford » Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:14 pm

the file named autoload_psr4.php is created by Joomla so I suspect you have file permission problems. Run the Forum Post Assistant - see the red box above.

fabian21
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: can't start installation / An error has occurred while processing your request

Post by fabian21 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:21 pm

i didn't realize that was a file trying to be written. thank you and that was it; file permissions on the web host root. case closed.

vsudo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by vsudo » Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:46 am

I think you should recheck file permission again!

Return to “Installation Joomla! 4.x”