Error installing Joomla 4.2.6 - administrator/cache/autoload_psr4.php not found Topic is solved

Need help installing Joomla! 4.x? For all Joomla! 4.x installation issues please use this forum.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
Argoiin
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Error installing Joomla 4.2.6 - administrator/cache/autoload_psr4.php not found

Post by Argoiin » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:03 am

Good morning, I tried to install Joomla 4.2.6 but I got the following error:

0 Failed opening required '/var/www/ares118/administrator/cache/autoload_psr4.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php')

The platform is:
Linux Centos 7 2207-02
Apache 2.4.6
PHP 8.2.2
MariaDB 10.5.18
PhpMyAdmin 5.2.0

The machine is new and the installation is clean. I have tried different 4.x versions but with the same result. If I install 3.10.11 instead it starts. There seems to be some incompatibility but I couldn't find it.
Thanks for the help.
Last edited by toivo on Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: moved from the Italian forum - please post to the correct language forum! - retitled

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Error installing Joomla 4.2.6 - administrator/cache/autoload_psr4.php not found

Post by toivo » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:11 am

Joomla 4 is not compatible with PHP 8.2. Go to the cPanel provided by your host and change the version of PHP to PHP 8.0, recommended in Technical Requirements, or PHP 8.1, which works as well. Keep in mind that older third party extensions may not support PHP 8.1.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Argoiin
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

[Resolved] Re: Error installing Joomla 4.2.6 - administrator/cache/autoload_psr4.php not found

Post by Argoiin » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:57 am

I downgraded to PHP 8.0.27 but to no result. Searching I found this command that solved my problem.

chcon -Rv -t httpd_sys_rw_content_t .
https://www.vttoth.com/CMS/technical-no ... n-centos-7

Thanks to all

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Error installing Joomla 4.2.6 - administrator/cache/autoload_psr4.php not found

Post by toivo » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:07 am

Thank you for the update! This topic has now been marked as resolved.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Return to “Installation Joomla! 4.x”