Synology NAS missing OpenSSL

Need help installing Joomla! 4.x? For all Joomla! 4.x installation issues please use this forum.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
Fboss
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Synology NAS missing OpenSSL

Post by Fboss » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:23 am

Good morning ,
I'm new user of Community and even of Joomla.I'm been able to install joomla on my Synology NAS and make my own web site that is working well except for sending mail : the message I receive when I try test email ( in configuration of the server joomla) is : Extension missing openssl . I gave correct parameters for gmail (the one i'm using) but I think it's a problem before tha authentication....
I really don't know which parameter have to check in Joomla or PHP . Can u please help me?
Thanks in advance
Last edited by toivo on Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: split from someone else's topic - please create your own topics in the future!

ceford
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Extension missing: openssl

Post by ceford » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:34 am

In Joomla admin screen select Global Configuration, then in the Server tab, down at the bottom, change the Mailer to SMTP and fill in the data for your gmail account. Did you do that already?

Fboss
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Synology NAS missing OpenSSL

Post by Fboss » Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:17 pm

Yes I already did It but t doesn't work. I did try all methods available but errore Is quote the same.Think It Is a problem of PHP but don't know how to fix. Please give me some suggestion. Thanks in Advance.

Fboss
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Fboss » Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:25 pm

P.S. Mya Joomla versione Is 4.2.9 the last on synology

ceford
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by ceford » Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:32 pm

OpenSSL is a PHP Extension - you need to install it. I have an old Synology NAS that is no longer supported. I only use it for data storage. I think you need to look for another solution for web site hosting.

Return to “Installation Joomla! 4.x”