call to a member function get() on null Topic is solved

Need help installing Joomla! 4.x? For all Joomla! 4.x installation issues please use this forum.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
bdames
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

call to a member function get() on null

Post by bdames » Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:27 pm

I upgraded my Joomla site to 4.4.0 yesterday which all went fine but I now get the following error on my live site:

'0 Call to a member function get() on null'

I've searched the forums and there are a few hits but not many that have a conclusion (worryingly!) although it appears it might be a template issue?. I've turned on debugging on the site and here's the full details:

Call stack
# Function Location
1 () JROOT/plugins/system/convertforms/convertforms.php:447
2 PlgSystemConvertForms->getHelper() JROOT/plugins/system/convertforms/convertforms.php:113
3 PlgSystemConvertForms->onContentPrepare() JROOT/libraries/src/Plugin/CMSPlugin.php:289
4 Joomla\CMS\Plugin\CMSPlugin->Joomla\CMS\Plugin\{closure}() JROOT/libraries/vendor/joomla/event/src/Dispatcher.php:486
5 Joomla\Event\Dispatcher->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/EventAware.php:111
6 Joomla\CMS\Application\WebApplication->triggerEvent() JROOT/components/com_content/src/View/Featured/HtmlView.php:159
7 Joomla\Component\Content\Site\View\Featured\HtmlView->display() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:660
8 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->display() JROOT/components/com_content/src/Controller/DisplayController.php:121
9 Joomla\Component\Content\Site\Controller\DisplayController->display() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:693
10 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute() JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/ComponentDispatcher.php:143
11 Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\ComponentDispatcher->dispatch() JROOT/components/com_content/src/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php:56
12 Joomla\Component\Content\Site\Dispatcher\Dispatcher->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:361
13 Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:208
14 Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:249
15 Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->doExecute() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:293
16 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() JROOT/includes/app.php:61
17 require_once() JROOT/index.php:32

I'm running php7.4 and cassiopia and have no issue accessing the admin area of the site.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: call to a member function get() on null

Post by toivo » Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:39 pm

Welcome to the Joomla forum!

bdames wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:27 pm
'0 Call to a member function get() on null'

Call stack
# Function Location
1 () JROOT/plugins/system/convertforms/convertforms.php:447
2 PlgSystemConvertForms->getHelper() JROOT/plugins/system/convertforms/convertforms.php:113
The message originates from a system plugin that came with the third party extension, Convert Forms.

If the message is just a notice or a warning, instead of a PHP fatal error, you get rid of it by setting 'Error Reporting' to 'Simple' or 'None', which is the recommended setting for sites in live production mode. Otherwise, disable or or uninstall the system plugin, if it is not needed.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

bdames
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: call to a member function get() on null

Post by bdames » Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:46 pm

Thank you Toivo!

Return to “Installation Joomla! 4.x”