Help Installing Joomla 4 - SQL Error Connection

Need help installing Joomla! 4.x? For all Joomla! 4.x installation issues please use this forum.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
fernmac
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Help Installing Joomla 4 - SQL Error Connection

Post by fernmac » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:54 pm

Hi all,
I am trying to install joomla 4 with a new db and user, as I used to do with Joomla 3.
I keep getting a database connection error. I am using php 7.2.
Thanks for any help.

Error message:
Could not connect to the database. Connector returned error message: Could not connect to PDO: SQLSTATE[08006] [7] could not connect to server: Connection refused Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432? could not connect to server: Connection refused Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Help Installing Joomla 4 - SQL Error Connection

Post by toivo » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:20 am

Are you connecting to a localhost server, a workstation running XAMPP or Wampserver, or to a remote server?

You selected 'MySQL (PDO)' as the Database Type. Select 'MySQLi' and hopefully that will work. If not, please download the Forum Post Assistant (FPA) from the link above, follow the instructions and post the FPA results into this topic. The FPA results will indicate which database driver is included in PHP.

Please note that web hosts are in the process of moving away from PHP 7.2 and that even PHP 7.3 is officially supported only until 6 December, 2021. Some older and out-of-date third party extensions may not run on PHP 7.4 and PHP 8.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Return to “Installation Joomla! 4.x”