Search indexer issue

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 4.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
DV-admin
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Search indexer issue

Post by DV-admin » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:42 am

Hi there everyone,
I am getting this error every time I run the search indexer at about the 70th article. Categoriy indexing fgoes fine. Rolling out Joomla 4 on a test website, so I have pretty much the same environment as the actual live website.

An Error Has Occurred
Category must have a title.

Categories
119 of 119
Content
81 of 2479
Tags
0 of 84

Is there a way to find the offending article? I can't look down the list because there are over 2000 articles. Have also looked at logs, nothing there, just the same Category must have a title..

Is there no easier way to find it?
Thanks to help me out here!
Liz

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Search indexer issue

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:28 am

Have you updated to 4.0.3? Most of the bugs are fixed in 4.03

The message says there is a problem with a category. You have 119 of them.

Browse through them.
Next browse the database table _content and see if any article have categoryID that are NULL or zero.

DV-admin
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by DV-admin » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:04 pm

Hi Per,
Thank you for your reply. I did in fact update today, I am on 4.8. I have about 6 categories with 0 articles, but none that could be seen as problematic. That is, if 0 articles in a category is allowed (never had a problem with this before). Anyway, the NULL or 0 in category also didn't turn up anything, I tried it before I posted. However I tried it again, just to be safe. So no solution here as yet.
Any other ideas?
Elisabeth

DV-admin
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by DV-admin » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:04 am

I have figured out that the best way to deal with this error is to bring the indexing down to 5 at a time. When it stops due to this error, check the last 5 articles, open, check category field, check content and close (there will be something that doesn't match up) - it usually gives one sort of error. Then clear and restart indexing. Repeat until all articles are indexed. Long procedure but works

Return to “Administration Joomla! 4.x”