Administrator login fails Topic is solved

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 4.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
LNRalph
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Administrator login fails

Post by LNRalph » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:49 pm

I cannot login into the administrator section anymore. I was able to, saved the password in Keypass, used it a couple of times, but a few days later (without login to the administrator section) it doesn't let me login anymore.

I have tried changing the password in the database using method 2 from the Joomla documentation.
https://docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_reco ... assword%3F

But I am still not able to login. Did something change in Joomla 4 that doesn't allow me to use this method anymore? Is there something else I'm doing wrong maybe? Or...?

AMurray
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Administrator login fails

Post by AMurray » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:32 pm

That password change method should work since the J4 login screen has a link to that documentation.

The process to change the password in phpMyAdmin is occuring outside Joomla, so it shouldn't matter what version you have.

Did you copy in the 'hashed' password - not the plain text password?
Regards - A Murray

LNRalph
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Administrator login fails

Post by LNRalph » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:35 am

I did. Today I was able to login, from home, with the same credentials I used yesterday from the office. I suppose the location shouldn't matter. Maybe a cache 'issue', who knows... We can consider it solved for now.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 4.x”