Unknown Extensions Problem Topic is solved

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 4.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
MikeUnderwood
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Unknown Extensions Problem

Post by MikeUnderwood » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:11 pm

Hi,

On one of the sites I converted from J3.10 to J4, on the dashboard under Notifications I have a notice of Unknown Extensions as shown in the screen print.
Home-Dashboard-Administration.jpeg
When I click on that to investigate I get an error and hoping someone can help me out here I expanded the Full J4 install and checked to make sure that I did not have any extra files or missing files in the /libraries/src/Updater/Adapter/ directory and I don't so I am at a lose for what is going on here.

Thank you,
Mike

This is what's in the log:
[21-Oct-2021 10:52:23 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Warning: Attempt to read property "id" on null in /home/svnight/myleatherfamily.com/libraries/src/Updater/Adapter/ExtensionAdapter.php on line 333
[21-Oct-2021 10:52:23 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Warning: Attempt to read property "id" on null in /home/svnight/myleatherfamily.com/libraries/src/Updater/Adapter/ExtensionAdapter.php on line 333
[21-Oct-2021 10:52:25 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Warning: Attempt to read property "id" on null in /home/svnight/myleatherfamily.com/libraries/src/Updater/Adapter/ExtensionAdapter.php on line 333

I turned on Debug and this is what I see in the backend.

An error has occurred.
0 Attempt to assign property "name" on null
Call stack
# Function Location
1 () JROOT/libraries/src/Updater/Adapter/ExtensionAdapter.php:70
2 Joomla\CMS\Updater\Adapter\ExtensionAdapter->_startElement()
3 xml_parse() JROOT/libraries/src/Updater/Adapter/ExtensionAdapter.php:310
4 Joomla\CMS\Updater\Adapter\ExtensionAdapter->findUpdate() JROOT/libraries/src/Updater/Updater.php:272
5 Joomla\CMS\Updater\Updater->getUpdateObjectsForSite() JROOT/libraries/src/Updater/Updater.php:165
6 Joomla\CMS\Updater\Updater->findUpdates() JROOT/administrator/components/com_installer/src/Model/UpdateModel.php:294
7 Joomla\Component\Installer\Administrator\Model\UpdateModel->findUpdates() JROOT/administrator/components/com_installer/src/Controller/UpdateController.php:114
8 Joomla\Component\Installer\Administrator\Controller\UpdateController->find() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:730
9 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute() JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/ComponentDispatcher.php:146
10 Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\ComponentDispatcher->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:389
11 Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:143
12 Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:186
13 Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->doExecute() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:278
14 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() JROOT/administrator/includes/app.php:63
15 require_once() JROOT/administrator/index.php:32
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

harperlala
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Unknown Extensions Problem

Post by harperlala » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:28 am

MikeUnderwood
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Unknown Extensions Problem

Post by MikeUnderwood » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:13 pm

@harperlala

Thank you, that was enough to help me get it figured out.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 4.x”