Bakcend missing buttons Topic is solved

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 4.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
mmiesz
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Bakcend missing buttons

Post by mmiesz » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:40 pm

Hi

Joomla 4 with PHP 7.4.9. Rapidly buttons in backend disappeared. I'm new to this forum - no idea how to insert desktop print screen. Anyway in Joomla 4 there were buttons on top of every admin page - now they gone. No possible even clear page. Any idea how to solve this problem ?

sozzled
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Backend missing buttons

Post by sozzled » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:56 pm

Welcome to the forum. I don't know what buttons you are talking about and, without a picture or a common reference point, it is difficult to understand what buttons are at the top of every admin page. So I will try to help you.

Here is a screenshot of an ordinary J! 4.0 backend:
j4-backendButtons.png
Is the picture above something like what you are talking about? There are two items at the top of every page in the backend that you can click; I have shown them with arrows pointing to them. Are these the buttons you are talking about? Do you not see these things on your J! 4 website?

As far as I know, in J! 4 these are the only two "buttons" that I see at the top of every page in the backend.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

AMurray
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Bakcend missing buttons

Post by AMurray » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:43 pm

@mmiesz, to insert images in the forum , use the Full Editor and Preview mode. (Button visible below the message box when you first start a new post, or reply to a post).

If you can't add attachments here directly, then you could put them on an external repository - maybe something like Google Drive, Dropbox (etc), and share the file that way.
Regards - A Murray

mmiesz
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by mmiesz » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:31 am

Thx for reply.
@sozzled :
There are buttons on top left side on admin pages of Joomla 4. If you go to "clear cache" there should be "buttons "clear cache", "clear outdated cache" etc. They are missing in my case. Of course not only on "clear cache" but on every page.

I'm still unable put any picture here so please visit link below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R70auV ... sp=sharing

AMurray
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Backend missing buttons

Post by AMurray » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:57 am

That's not a public folder unfortunately. i have to 'request permission'. Surely there's an easier way.

I don't know if posting attachments to the forum directly is only after a certain number of posts. Forum rules mentions nothing about restrictions on posting attachments.

I'm starting to think that you're expecting buttons you remember seeing in J3.x but are not actually present in J4.x.

Below is (using your example) in my J4.0, the clear cache buttons. Are you saying these are missing in your site?
clear-cache-buttons.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards - A Murray

mmiesz
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by mmiesz » Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:15 am

Yes. That is exactly what I'm missing.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:46 am

In the screen "Modules (Administrator)" (System > Manage > Administrator Modules) check whether the module "Toolbar" is published in the module position "toolbar".
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
ex-Joomla! Translations Coordination Team
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

mmiesz
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by mmiesz » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:37 am

Yes it is published in toolbar position.
But it had "access" set to "special" - after changing to "public" buttons are back.
Thx for help

Return to “Administration Joomla! 4.x”