Submission form randomly rejects Invisible reCAPTCHA

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 4.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
ximcix
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Submission form randomly rejects Invisible reCAPTCHA

Post by ximcix » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:34 pm

Hello.
I'm using Invisible reCAPTCHA on my Joomla 4 website because I've had more success with it thwarting off bots in the past. It is properly configured to the best of my knowledge.
So far it's been running smoothly, with the exception of one particular paid extension that allows my site's users to submit data. This extension's form will randomly reject submissions, giving a "Invalid verification code entered" error message the first couple tries, before accepting the data. It might accept the entered data on the first, second or third attempt without the need for any changes.

I've contacted the developers who state that nothing can be done from their end because the extension simply uses Joomla's core API to validate or deny the submission.

This is the only form on my site that behaves like this. My users can register accounts & use the contact forms to submit data, but this extension just randomly rejects submissions.

Where do I go from here?

Regards

ximcix
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Submission form randomly rejects Invisible reCAPTCHA

Post by ximcix » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:04 am

Additional information
I noticed that the "protected by reCAPTCHA" badge only appears on some of my pages. It appears on my home & contact page. Both of these pages have contact forms and they work well.

There is no reCAPTCHA badge on my registration page. So far I've had over 16 spam bots successfully register on the site since Jan 01, 2022
There is no reCAPTCHA badge on my events submission page. I am getting an error when I try to submit an event via that page

As I understand it, the reCAPTCHA plugin is a system plugin and should be called on every page.
Am I wrong in this

Return to “Administration Joomla! 4.x”