Forced to manually update

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 4.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
DaffyDuckers
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Forced to manually update

Post by DaffyDuckers » Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:18 am

Hello,

I have been using 4.x for months, but I always have to do a manual update because it says:

We can't find a download URL
You are on the "Default" update channel. Through this channel you'll receive notifications for all updates of the current Joomla release (4.x)

--
How do I fix this so I can do web updates?

sozzled
I've been banned!

Re: Forced to manually update

Post by sozzled » Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:11 am

DaffyDuckers
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by DaffyDuckers » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:18 am

Thanks, but I don't really see the solution there, and for 4.x.

I do know if I go to extensions, and options, Joomla update is pointing to "Default." What else should I do?

sozzled
I've been banned!

Re: Forced to **manually update** ... whatever that means ...

Post by sozzled » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:56 am

Rebuild the Update Sites list. See the information in the topics I referred to in my previous post (even if those topics may relate to J! 3.x, the solution that I recommend for J! 3 is the same). OK?

Also: there is no such thing as "manually updating" J!; if you know of a "manual update" method for J! 4 (that does not involve using the Joomla! Update component), please provide a reference to this method. If you cannot provide a reference to a manual update method for going from one version of J! 4 to another version of J! 4 then you have a problem, don't you?

DaffyDuckers
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by DaffyDuckers » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:22 pm

I did "update sites" and rebuild, and when I go to update it still says:

You are on the "Default" update channel. Through this channel you'll receive notifications for all updates of the current Joomla release (4.x)

sozzled
I've been banned!

Re: I did "update sites" and rebuild but "We can't find a download URL"

Post by sozzled » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:35 pm

Can you provide us with two things, please:

1) The Forum Post Assistant report; and

2) a screenshot of the Update Sites list.

Thanks.

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:21 pm

Please define your meaning of manual update?
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets".

DaffyDuckers
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by DaffyDuckers » Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:57 am

By manual update, I mean downloading a patch and manually uploading/overwriting.

I don't understand what you are talking about with forum post assistant, but I'm really only looking for a way to update via the admin backend/joomla update like before.

Please see attached picture.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:40 am

DaffyDuckers wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:18 am
That is an odd message. Does your host somehow block the web server from accessing https://update.joomla.org/core/list.xml?

DaffyDuckers wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:18 am
I always have to do a manual update
Do you mean you click the link "Update your site by manually uploading the update package." that is displayed at the bottom of the update page, leading to the Upload & Update page, as shown in the second screenshot below, which allows the downloaded package to update Joomla?

Update-By-Manually-Uploading-The-Update-Package.jpg
Upload-and-Install-Page.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

sozzled
I've been banned!

Re: "Manual" update by overwriting an existing website filesystem with "patches"

Post by sozzled » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:02 am

DaffyDuckers wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:57 am
By manual update, I mean downloading a patch and manually uploading/overwriting.
I will repeat what we have written countless times before on this forum and in other places: there is no such method approved or recommended by the J! project.

I agree with @toivo: the information you've provided is odd. I asked before if you could provide us with the Forum Post Assistant report. Without this information we cannot give you our best advice for what you may be able to do in your situation.

Superficially, without knowing anything else, you should consider finding a different webhosting provider.

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:25 am

sozzled wrote:I will repeat what we have written countless times before on this forum and in other places: here is no such method approved or recommended by the J! project.
The screenshots above do reference the term "update manually....".

".....update your site manually by uploading the update package....."
and: "......you can also download the update package and install it manually...."

Pure semantics on the wording/phrasing, but it is of course referring to Upload and Update.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, and I don't know if this is relevant (doesn't appear to be mentioned anywhere in this thread):
The migration instructions for 3.10 to 4 say to use the "Joomla Next" channel not "Default" channel.
https://docs.joomla.org/Joomla_3.x_to_4 ... _Migration

The "Default" channel as explained in the OP's screenshot above will notify of updates within the same Joomla series, but not, as I understand it, used for the migration notification or process.
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:17 am

That's why I asked the OP to give his definition of 'manually update'. Unfortunately my question was not a one size fits all and the OP needs the question spoon fed.

@DaffyDuckers
By 'manually update' do you mean
1. Use ftp to overwrite the files?
or
2. Use the Joomla update component?

DaffyDuckers
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by DaffyDuckers » Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:14 pm

Hi,

I have had to use sftp to overwrite files. When I had 3.x, I could use the update component. Same web server, but since upgrading to 4.x, I have to use sftp to upload/overwrite files, I can no longer use the update component.

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:18 pm

DaffyDuckers wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:14 pm
Hi,

I have had to use sftp to overwrite files. When I had 3.x, I could use the update component. Same web server, but since upgrading to 4.x, I have to use sftp to upload/overwrite files, I can no longer use the update component.
You have broken your site. Recover by replacing the files and database with your backup

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:45 pm

@DaffyDuckers: Please read viewtopic.php?f=812&t=992920

DaffyDuckers
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by DaffyDuckers » Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:15 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

I am confused why you are saying the site is broken. Everything operates normally except for when I get an email saying an update is available, if I go to system:update:joomla

it says:

so I go here:

https://downloads.joomla.org/cms/joomla4/4-1-2

And get the upgrade package, then upload it and let it overwrite files, then everything operates normally until the next update is available.

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:34 pm

You are not OK because there are parts of the update that has not been executed. There is changes to the database and new features to be installed.

Is the upload limit to small on the server so you cannot upload the package in the Joomla Updater?

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:38 pm

@DaffyDuckers: I have some experience with these kinds of problems as, I know, other members of this forum community also have. Other people may have their own opinions (and we welcome them) but, if you feel that I may be able to give you some one-on-one real-time advice then I'll ask you if you would mind if I contact you directly (i.e. privately) instead of using the [turn-based] forum? If that idea is attractive, I'm happy to give you my time at no cost to you.

Because of recent changes to the forum rules w.r.t. "new" forum members—i.e. people who have contributed less than 25 posts on the forum—not being able to privately contact other, more experienced members, you cannot contact me privately but I can contact you. I will only contact people if they agree to receive private messages (incl. email) by replying here and saying so. The offer is there, if you wish. 8)

Disclaimer: I am not soliciting "work"—I have never solicited work, sought or received payment of any kind for any help that I offer—via this forum, nor do would I ever do that to any person. I don't guarantee success and I don't offer this to everyone on the forum. The forum is a self-help resource where discussions should, in the main, be conducted openly and transparently. I'm only saying that, from time to time, some things can be accomplished quicker by other means.

ceford
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by ceford » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:51 pm

I have been trying to understand this problem by looking at where the We can't find a download URL message is generated. That is more tricky than usual because parts of the key are assembled in different places and I don't have (or want to create) a similarly dis-functional site. However, as the site has been in use for four months and has been updated manually the problem would appear to be in some obscure configuration setting. Try the following:

Look at administrator/logs/joomla_update.php with a text editor and go down to the bottom to see whether the sql queries went to completion.

Use phpMyAdmin to look in #__extensions for element = 'joomla' type = 'file' and note the extension number. Mine is 212.

That is used in administrator/components/com_joomlaupdate/src/UpdateModel.php (l266)

Look in #__updates for the record with extension_id 212 - it should have element = 'joomla' and type = 'file'. That is where the detailsurl is stored. Mine contains https://update.joomla.org/core/sts/extension_sts.xml

Is there anything obviously wrong?

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:58 pm

If server security prevents connection to the file then won't Joomla report it can't find the file?

DaffyDuckers
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by DaffyDuckers » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:36 pm

sozzled wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:38 pm
@DaffyDuckers: I have some experience with these kinds of problems as, I know, other members of this forum community also have. Other people may have their own opinions (and we welcome them) but, if you feel that I may be able to give you some one-on-one real-time advice then I'll ask you if you would mind if I contact you directly (i.e. privately) instead of using the [turn-based] forum? If that idea is attractive, I'm happy to give you my time at no cost to you.

Because of recent changes to the forum rules w.r.t. "new" forum members—i.e. people who have contributed less than 25 posts on the forum—not being able to privately contact other, more experienced members, you cannot contact me privately but I can contact you. I will only contact people if they agree to receive private messages (incl. email) by replying here and saying so. The offer is there, if you wish. 8)

Disclaimer: I am not soliciting "work"—I have never solicited work, sought or received payment of any kind for any help that I offer—via this forum, nor do would I ever do that to any person. I don't guarantee success and I don't offer this to everyone on the forum. The forum is a self-help resource where discussions should, in the main, be conducted openly and transparently. I'm only saying that, from time to time, some things can be accomplished quicker by other means.
Yes, please contact me. Thank you.

BTW, I just did the same manual file update that I've done for a while, and then I went to update database, and now my theme doesn't display correctly in frontend or backend. I attached a screenshot.

I tried uploading the entire joomla distro and went through install, and it says everything is OK and the databases are OK, but now both front and backend, its almost like there's no theme, just all the text is on the left.
Last edited by DaffyDuckers on Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ceford
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by ceford » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:49 pm

Webdongle wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:58 pm
If server security prevents connection to the file then won't Joomla report it can't find the file?
I have a component which shows a yellow warning message if it cannot fetch a remote file: Error connecting to the server: 404 that is generated by core Joomla code. I am assuming the error message cited by the OP is generated before there is even an attempt to fetch a remote file. I guess it is possible that allow_url_fopen is disabled on the server. It would be nice to know if any other updates work - third party extensions. No FPA yet?

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:01 pm

DaffyDuckers wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:36 pm

BTW, I just did the same manual file update that I've done for a while, and then I went to update database, and now my theme doesn't display correctly in frontend or backend. ...
For the umteenth time that has broke your site. Restore your backup

brian
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by brian » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:56 pm

Any update that is just uploading files and fixing the database structure is NOT an update. There are a gazillion other things that are part of an update.
"Exploited yesterday... Hacked tomorrow"
Blog http://brian.teeman.net/
Joomla Hidden Secrets http://hiddenjoomlasecrets.com/

DaffyDuckers
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by DaffyDuckers » Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:01 pm

Webdongle wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:01 pm
DaffyDuckers wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:36 pm

BTW, I just did the same manual file update that I've done for a while, and then I went to update database, and now my theme doesn't display correctly in frontend or backend. ...
For the umteenth time that has broke your site. Restore your backup
I understand, but I think 8 or so months ago when I upgraded from 3.x to 4.x, despite following directions, it didn't properly update. I don't have a correct backup.

The most recent backup I have in Akeeba is September, but I believe that's with Joomla 3.x.

I just uploaded the entire joomla distro and went to install, and it said install was completed. Is there some other way to fix this? My content is all still there. I see other people have had this same issue.

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:37 pm

Your files and your database are a mismatch. You could download the Joomla update package and Upload and Install.
N.B. 'Upload and Install' is incorrectly labelled "Update your site by manually uploading the update package."

If that doesn't work you will probably need to rebuild your site.

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:42 pm

👍 @DaffyDuckers

ceford
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by ceford » Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:46 pm

DaffyDuckers wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:01 pm
I understand, but I think 8 or so months ago when I upgraded from 3.x to 4.x, despite following directions, it didn't properly update. I don't have a correct backup.

I just uploaded the entire joomla distro and went to install, and it said install was completed. Is there some other way to fix this? My content is all still there. I see other people have had this same issue.
It seems you have two choices:

* Install a clean copy of Joomla 4 and try to migrate your content to it, or
* Try to fix what you have in the current install

If you want help with the latter from anyone other than Sozzled you need to run the Forum Post Assistant and show the results here. Look in your file structure for administrator/logs/joomla_update.php - if it is there open it with a text edit tool and scroll down to the bottom. It should tell you/us how far the updates from 3.x to 4.x went. Compare with https://github.com/ceford/joomla-notes/ ... update.php

Your last problem - unstyled pages could be the double gzip problem: https://docs.joomla.org/J4.x:Assorted_I ... no_styling or a non-empty Live Site value in configuration.php.

The other things I suggested you try previously still stand. If your site can't be fixed you will have to got for the first option mentioned above. What sort of content do you have?

DaffyDuckers
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by DaffyDuckers » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:42 pm

Ok, thanks to sozzled, I got things working again.

I used the joomla update component, then selected the update patch .zip, and I then click upload and update.

The site is functional again.

Here are my outstanding issues:
Forum Post Assistant (v1.6.5) : 17-Apr-2022 wrote:
Basic Environment :: wrote:Joomla! Instance :: Joomla! 4.1.2-Stable (Kuamini) 30-March-2022
Joomla! Configured :: Yes | Read-Only (444) |
Configuration Options :: Offline: false | SEF: false | SEF Suffix: false | SEF ReWrite: false | .htaccess/web.config: No | GZip: false | Cache: false | CacheTime: 15 | CacheHandler: file | CachePlatformPrefix: false | FTP Layer: false | Proxy: false | LiveSite: | Session lifetime: 30 | Session handler: filesystem | Shared sessions: false | SSL: 2 | Error Reporting: default | Site Debug: true | Language Debug: false | Default Access: Public | Unicode Slugs: false | dbConnection Type: mysqli | PHP Supports J! 4.1.2: Yes | Database Supports J! 4.1.2: No | Database Credentials Present: Yes |

Host Configuration :: OS: Linux | OS Version: 4.4.302-icpu-083 | Technology: x86_64 | Web Server: Apache | Encoding: gzip, deflate, br | System TMP Writable: Yes | Free Disk Space : 866.67 GiB |

PHP Configuration :: Version: 7.4.28 | PHP API: cgi-fcgi | Session Path Writable: Yes | Display Errors: 0 | Error Reporting: 22517 | Log Errors To: | Last Known Error: | Register Globals: | Magic Quotes: | Safe Mode: | Allow url fopen: 1 | Open Base: | Uploads: 1 | Max. Upload Size: 64M | Max. POST Size: 64M | Max. Input Time: -1 | Max. Execution Time: 50000 | Memory Limit: -1

Database Configuration :: Version: 5.5.60-0+deb7u1-log (Client:mysqlnd 7.4.28) | Database Size: 5.88 MiB | #of Tables with config prefix:  94 | #of other Tables:  46 | User Privileges : GRANT ALL
Detailed Environment :: wrote:PHP Extensions :: Core (7.4.28) | date (7.4.28) | libxml (7.4.28) | openssl (7.4.28) | pcre (7.4.28) | sqlite3 (7.4.28) | zlib (7.4.28) | bcmath (7.4.28) | bz2 (7.4.28) | calendar (7.4.28) | ctype (7.4.28) | curl (7.4.28) | dba (7.4.28) | dom (20031129) | hash (7.4.28) | fileinfo (7.4.28) | filter (7.4.28) | ftp (7.4.28) | gd (7.4.28) | gettext (7.4.28) | gmp (7.4.28) | SPL (7.4.28) | iconv (7.4.28) | session (7.4.28) | intl (7.4.28) | json (7.4.28) | mbstring (7.4.28) | standard (7.4.28) | PDO (7.4.28) | mysqlnd (mysqlnd 7.4.28) | pdo_sqlite (7.4.28) | Phar (7.4.28) | posix (7.4.28) | Reflection (7.4.28) | imap (7.4.28) | shmop (7.4.28) | SimpleXML (7.4.28) | soap (7.4.28) | sodium (7.4.28) | pdo_mysql (7.4.28) | exif (7.4.28) | tidy (7.4.28) | tokenizer (7.4.28) | xml (7.4.28) | xmlreader (7.4.28) | xmlwriter (7.4.28) | xsl (7.4.28) | zip (1.15.6) | mysqli (7.4.28) | cgi-fcgi (7.4.28) | Zend Engine (3.4.0) |
Potential Missing Extensions ::

Switch User Environment :: PHP CGI: Yes | Server SU: Yes | PHP SU: Yes | Potential Ownership Issues: No
Folder Permissions :: wrote:Core Folders :: images/ (755) | components/ (755) | modules/ (755) | plugins/ (755) | language/ (755) | templates/ (755) | cache/ (755) | logs/ (755) | tmp/ (755) | administrator/components/ (755) | administrator/modules/ (755) | administrator/language/ (755) | administrator/templates/ (755) | administrator/logs/ (755) |

Elevated Permissions (First 10) ::
Database Information :: wrote:Database statistics :: Uptime: 1009754 | Threads: 2 | Questions: 40446357 | Slow queries: 160 | Opens: 1684765 | Flush tables: 1 | Open tables: 245 | Queries per second avg: 40.055 |
Extensions Discovered :: wrote:Components :: Site ::
Core ::
3rd Party::

Components :: Admin ::
Core :: com_actionlogs (3.9.0) 1 | com_admin (4.0.0) 1 | com_ajax (4.0.0) 1 | com_associations (4.0.0) 1 | com_banners (4.0.0) 1 | com_cache (4.0.0) 1 | com_categories (4.0.0) 1 | com_checkin (4.0.0) 1 | com_config (4.0.0) 1 | com_content (4.0.0) 1 | com_contenthistory (4.0.0) 1 | com_cpanel (4.0.0) 1 | com_fields (4.0.0) 1 | com_finder (4.0.0) 1 | com_installer (4.0.0) 1 | com_joomlaupdate (4.0.3) 1 | com_languages (4.0.0) 1 | com_login (4.0.0) 1 | com_media (3.0.0) 1 | com_menus (4.0.0) 1 | com_messages (4.0.0) 1 | com_modules (4.0.0) 1 | com_newsfeeds (4.0.0) 1 | com_plugins (4.0.0) 1 | com_postinstall (4.0.0) 1 | com_privacy (3.9.0) 1 | com_redirect (4.0.0) 1 | com_search (3.0.0) 1 | com_tags (4.0.0) 1 | com_templates (4.0.0) 1 | com_users (4.0.0) 1 | com_workflow (4.0.0) 1 | com_mails (4.0.0) 1 | com_wrapper (4.0.0) 1 | COM_SCHEDULER (4.1.0) 1 | com_weblinks (4.0.1) 1 |
3rd Party:: com_admintools (7.1.5) 1 | com_akeebabackup (9.2.1) 1 |

Modules :: Site ::
Core :: mod_articles_archive (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_categories (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_category (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_latest (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_news (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_popular (3.0.0) 1 | mod_banners (3.0.0) 1 | mod_breadcrumbs (3.0.0) 1 | mod_custom (3.0.0) 1 | mod_feed (3.0.0) 1 | mod_finder (3.0.0) 1 | mod_footer (3.0.0) 1 | mod_languages (3.5.0) 1 | mod_login (3.0.0) 1 | mod_menu (3.0.0) 1 | mod_random_image (3.0.0) 1 | mod_related_items (3.0.0) 1 | mod_search (3.0.0) 1 | mod_stats (3.0.0) 1 | mod_syndicate (3.0.0) 1 | mod_tags_popular (3.1.0) 1 | mod_tags_similar (3.1.0) 1 | mod_users_latest (3.0.0) 1 | mod_whosonline (3.0.0) 1 | mod_wrapper (3.0.0) 1 | mod_weblinks (4.0.1) 1 |
3rd Party:: Custom Facebook Display (1.0.0) 1 | Custom Inline HTML (1.0) 1 |

Modules :: Admin ::
Core :: mod_custom (3.0.0) 1 | mod_feed (3.0.0) 1 | mod_latest (3.0.0) 1 | mod_latestactions (3.9.0) 1 | mod_logged (3.0.0) 1 | mod_login (3.0.0) 1 | mod_menu (3.0.0) 1 | mod_multilangstatus (3.0.0) 1 | mod_popular (3.0.0) 1 | mod_privacy_dashboard (3.9.0) 1 | mod_quickicon (3.0.0) 1 | mod_sampledata (3.8.0) 1 | mod_stats_admin (3.0.0) 1 | mod_submenu (3.0.0) 1 | mod_title (3.0.0) 1 | mod_toolbar (3.0.0) 1 | mod_version (3.0.0) 1 | mod_post_installation_messages (4.0.0) 1 | mod_privacy_status (4.0.0) 1 | mod_user (4.0.0) 1 | mod_loginsupport (4.0.0) 1 | mod_frontend (4.0.0) 1 | mod_messages (4.0.0) 1 |
3rd Party:: Ark Editor Control Panel (1.0.0) ? |

Libraries ::
Core ::
3rd Party::

Plugins ::
Core :: plg_actionlog_joomla (3.9.0) 1 | plg_authentication_cookie (3.0.0) 1 | plg_authentication_joomla (3.0.0) 1 | plg_authentication_ldap (3.0.0) 0 | plg_captcha_recaptcha (3.4.0) 0 | plg_captcha_recaptcha_invisible (3.8) 1 | plg_content_confirmconsent (3.9.0) 0 | plg_content_emailcloak (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_fields (3.7.0) 1 | plg_content_finder (3.0.0) 0 | plg_content_geshi (2.5.0) 0 | plg_content_joomla (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_loadmodule (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_pagebreak (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_pagenavigation (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_vote (3.0.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_article (3.0.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_fields (3.7.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_image (3.0.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_menu (3.7.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_module (3.5.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_pagebreak (3.0.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_readmore (3.0.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_weblink (4.0.1) 0 | plg_extension_joomla (3.0.0) 1 | plg_extension_namespacemap (4.0.0) 1 | plg_extension_finder (4.0.0) 1 | plg_fields_calendar (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_checkboxes (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_color (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_editor (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_imagelist (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_integer (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_list (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_media (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_radio (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_sql (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_text (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_textarea (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_url (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_user (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_usergrouplist (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_subform (4.0.0) 1 | plg_finder_categories (3.0.0) 0 | plg_finder_contacts (3.0.0) 0 | plg_finder_content (3.0.0) 0 | plg_finder_newsfeeds (3.0.0) 0 | plg_finder_tags (3.0.0) 1 | plg_finder_weblinks (4.0.1) 0 | plg_installer_folderinstaller (3.6.0) 1 | plg_installer_packageinstaller (3.6.0) 1 | plg_installer_urlinstaller (3.6.0) 1 | plg_installer_webinstaller (4.0.0) 1 | plg_installer_override (4.0.0) 1 | plg_privacy_actionlogs (3.9.0) 1 | plg_privacy_consents (3.9.0) 1 | plg_privacy_content (3.9.0) 1 | plg_privacy_message (3.9.0) 1 | plg_privacy_user (3.9.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_extensionupdate (3.0.0) 0 | plg_quickicon_joomlaupdate (3.0.0) 0 | plg_quickicon_phpversioncheck (3.7.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_privacycheck (3.9.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_downloadkey (4.0.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_overridecheck (4.0.0) 1 | plg_sampledata_multilang (4.0.0) 1 | plg_search_categories (3.0.0) 1 | plg_search_contacts (3.0.0) 1 | plg_search_content (3.0.0) 1 | plg_search_newsfeeds (3.0.0) 1 | plg_search_tags (3.0.0) 0 | plg_search_weblinks (4.0.1) 0 | plg_system_actionlogs (3.9.0) 0 | plg_system_cache (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_debug (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_fields (3.7.0) 1 | plg_system_highlight (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_languagecode (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_languagefilter (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_log (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_logout (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_logrotation (3.9.0) 1 | plg_system_privacyconsent (3.9.0) 0 | plg_system_redirect (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_remember (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_sef (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_sessiongc (3.8.6) 1 | plg_system_stats (3.5.0) 1 | plg_system_updatenotification (3.5.0) 1 | plg_system_httpheaders (4.0.0) 1 | plg_system_webauthn (4.0.0) 1 | plg_system_skipto (4.0.0) 1 | plg_system_accessibility (4.0.0) 0 | plg_system_task_notification (4.1) 0 | PLG_SYSTEM_SCHEDULERUNNER (4.1) 0 | plg_system_jooa11y (4.2.0) 0 | plg_system_weblinks (4.0.1) 0 | plg_twofactorauth_totp (3.2.0) 1 | plg_twofactorauth_yubikey (3.2.0) 0 | plg_user_contactcreator (3.0.0) 0 | plg_user_joomla (3.0.0) 1 | plg_user_profile (3.0.0) 0 | plg_user_terms (3.9.0) 0 | plg_user_token (3.9.0) 1 | plg_webservices_messages (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_privacy (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_config (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_plugins (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_content (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_banners (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_languages (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_tags (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_users (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_redirect (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_menus (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_templates (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_modules (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_installer (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_newsfeeds (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_media (4.1.0) 0 | plg_api-authentication_token (4.0.0) 1 | plg_api-authentication_basic (4.0.0) 0 | plg_media-action_rotate (4.0.0) 1 | plg_media-action_crop (4.0.0) 1 | plg_media-action_resize (4.0.0) 1 | plg_filesystem_local (4.0.0) 1 | plg_workflow_publishing (4.0.0) 1 | plg_workflow_notification (4.0.0) 1 | plg_workflow_featuring (4.0.0) 1 | plg_behaviour_versionable (4.0.0) 1 | plg_behaviour_taggable (4.0.0) 1 | plg_task_requests (4.1) 0 | plg_task_check_files (4.1) 0 | plg_task_demo_tasks (4.1) 0 | plg_task_site_status (4.1) 0 |
3rd Party:: PLG_ACTIONLOG_ADMINTOOLS (7.1.5) 0 | Ajax - Inline content editing (1.0.2b) 1 | Ajax - TreeLink (1.0) 1 | Ajax - Inline Mode State listener (1.0) 1 | Content - Inline content editing (1.0) 1 | Content - Inline content editing fi (1.0) ? | plg_editors_codemirror (5.65.2) 1 | System - JCK Typography (3.4.8) ? | Unknown (plugins/editors/jckeditor/plugins/adddialogfieldexample/adddialogfieldexample.xml) (0.1) ? | Unknown (plugins/editors/jckeditor/plugins/codemirrorresize/codemirrorresize.xml) (0.1) ? | Unknown (plugins/editors/jckeditor/plugins/forcesimpleamp/forcesimpleamp.xml) (0.1) ? | Unknown (plugins/editors/jckeditor/plugins/ie9selectionoverride/ie9selectionoverride.xml) (0.1) ? | Unknown (plugins/editors/jckeditor/plugins/ietoolbarcollasperfix/ietoolbarcollasperfix.xml) (0.1) ? | Unknown (plugins/editors/jckeditor/plugins/imagedragndrop/imagedragndrop.xml) (0.1) ? | Unknown (plugins/editors/jckeditor/plugins/jhtmlencode/jhtmlencode.xml) (0.1) ? | JTreeLink (1.0) ? | Unknown (plugins/editors/jckeditor/plugins/multipleclickdialoghandler/multipleclickdialoghandler.xml) (0.1) ? | Editor - JoomlaCK (6.0 Stable) 1 | plg_editors_tinymce (5.10.3) 1 | Extension - Inline editing Plugin H (1.0) ? | PLG_JMONITORING_AKEEBABACKUP_TITLE (1.0) 1 | PLG_QUICKICON_AKEEBABACKUP (9.2.1) 1 | System - Joomla Media Manager Exten (1.0) ? | System - Inline content editing (1.0) 1 | System - Inline HTML Module Version (1.0) ? | System - Reset SEF Base (3.0) 1 | System - Inline History (1.0) 1 | System - Helix Ultimate Framework (2.0.7) 1 | PLG_SYSTEM_ADMINTOOLS (7.1.5) 1 |
Templates Discovered :: wrote:Templates :: Site :: cassiopeia (1.0) 1 | shaper_helixultimate (2.0.7) 1 |
Templates :: Admin :: atum (1.0) 1 |

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:50 pm

DaffyDuckers wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:42 pm
I used the joomla update component, then selected the update patch .zip, and I then click upload and update....
Hmmm, saw that solution 3 posts ago
Webdongle wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:37 pm
... You could download the Joomla update package and Upload and Install.
:D

Database Supports J! 4.1.2: No
See https://downloads.joomla.org/technical-requirements

Return to “Administration Joomla! 4.x”