changing default template

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 4.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
Beata
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

changing default template

Post by Beata » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:49 pm

I have a Home page in purity III template.
All other files are assigned to ja_stark template. I am not satisfied with this template and want to do default purity III template. But I am not able like I could easy with Joomla 3 earlier.
After assigning default purity III I got an error
How I could do it easy? I am trying to unable all modules from ja_stark template, but trying assign a couple files, i get errors anyway

brian
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: changing default template

Post by brian » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:54 pm

What are the errors?
"Exploited yesterday... Hacked tomorrow"
Blog http://brian.teeman.net/
Joomla Hidden Secrets http://hiddenjoomlasecrets.com/

Beata
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Beata » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:29 pm

brian wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:54 pm
What are the errors?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:52 pm

Beata wrote:How I could do it easy? I am trying to unable all modules from ja_stark template, but trying assign a couple files, i get errors anyway
Do you mean you are trying to re-assign the modules to the Purity III template module positions where different from JA_Stark?) "...trying to unable all modules from ja_stark..." ??? meaning enable all modules?

If you have assigned a different template to the other pages, undo that setting - I believe 'assigned pages' are done through the Menu item options. Undo those settings, then the entire site would be set to use Purity III.

Could you provide further information concerning the errors:
  • Turn on 'Debug' and post the error stack trace
  • Turn on PHP error reporting, and post the error(s).
  • Provide the FPA report. See Forum Post Assistant.
Joomlart's website lists "Purity III template" and Quick start packages (separately) for J3 and J4 but the stand-alone template seems to be one download package.

Do you have the latest available version of the stand-alone template (v 2.0.1 - August 2021) per the listing on JA's website downloads page) and the T3 framework plugin (v3.0.2 - August 2021)?
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

Beata
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Beata » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:20 am

Really I read that Purity III available for Joomla 4. It has good layout and many positions, therefore I desided to have it like Home page. She uses T3 framework.
My ja_stark template uses T4 and has small account of positions and in free template some of them even are not available. In addition, it is difficult and inconvenient to handle ja_stark template manager.
And yet I would like to use a real Joomla 4 template, therefore I decided, maybe I could use Cassopeia for all other pages, so it would be default except first Home page in Purity III.
What do you think?

Return to “Administration Joomla! 4.x”