Menu problems

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 4.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
rgtr
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Menu problems

Post by rgtr » Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:01 am

Hi

This is a problem which has plagued Joomla for many years - and we all thought it had been fixed.

The site is here: https://rgtr.tdocplus.co.uk/ - this a live site ... so the problems cannot be seen here.
started this site in 2009. Now in 4.2.5

I was trying to publish a new item - and this infamous message popped up.
"Failed publishing the menu item as at least one of its parents is unpublished or one of its children is checked out."

I can "unpublish" but not then cannot republish. Setting another menu item to "Home" causes more hassle, and the following pops up in each menu when viewing the site for each first menu item:

"Warning: Attempt to read property "id" on null in C:\xj_sites\rtr_425_a\modules\mod_menu\mod_menu.php on line 21"

This is the classic post on the forum is:
viewtopic.php?t=955024

I have followed all the steps outlined, and done a detailed visual search in phpmyadmin and see nothing wrong.
viewtopic.php?f=707&t=950561
The root menu is published ok . . .

Is there an integrity checker available ?

I used to write software - see tdoc.com - and when moving this site from 3 to 4 I had a few menu problems ...

As the problem site is small, I am simply resolving the problem by re-creating the site. However, that will not locate the problem within J4.2.5 which needs to be fixed.

Richard

rgtr
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Menu problems

Post by rgtr » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:56 am

Hi
the troublesome site has been reworked from scratch - well copying and pasting old articles fromm the busted site to new ones in the new site. In fact with two browsers, it was really quitev fast !

NEW site: rgtr.tdocplus.co.uk
Site with broken menu: tdocplus.co.uk/rgtr_menu_err
If anyone wants to have a look at the admin side ... drop me a line.

Richard

Return to “Administration Joomla! 4.x”