sharing data across several Joomla installs

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 4.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
Helaman
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

sharing data across several Joomla installs

Post by Helaman » Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:49 pm

I don't know if this is even possible. I have 4 websites selling the same products. I will have a price/order table (name, product no., weigh, price, etc) listing all the products. I will be using the same table on each website. I would like to grab the data from one database to populate the tables in all the different websites. This would allow me to update one database, and not having to go into 4 different sites and update each one individually.

Helaman
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: sharing data across several Joomla installs

Post by Helaman » Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:03 pm

I think I may have found an extension that will do the job, its call JMS Multisites. Has anyone use this extension and if so, does it function as expected?

ceford
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: sharing data across several Joomla installs

Post by ceford » Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:42 am

I think the Joomla api does this sort of thing. I have not used it myself and I think you need a developer to create an extension to fetch data - there may be an extension available already. As for your question: Yes, it is possible.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 4.x”