Unable to login Admin CP

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 4.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
old fart
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Unable to login Admin CP

Post by old fart » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:24 pm

My Joomla version is current.
Updated PHP version to 8

See attached image (below) of the message now displaying on the Admin login page where the login normally is.

Any suggestions as to why this may have happened, and, how do I fix it so I can login in?

Thanks in advance.

PS I am only a learner so please be gentle on me with all the techie do this and do that. I will do my best to follow instructions. Cheers.
adminloginerrormessage.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Unable to login Admin CP

Post by toivo » Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:00 am

These types of errors come from third party extensions that are not compatible with PHP 8. In this case it is most likely a plugin.

If you are unable to login to the back end because of the error, use phpMyAdmin in the cPanel or a similar page provided by your host to edit the extensions table in the database. Locate all third party plugins and change the column 'enabled' from 1 to 0, one at a time, go to the back end and check if the message has disappeared.

Alternatively, edit the file configuration.php in the main Joomla folder and set the error reporting option to the highest value and turn on the Debug option so the error message will have more details that identify the script where the message comes from:

Code: Select all

public $debug = true;	
	public $error_reporting = 'maximum';
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Return to “Administration Joomla! 4.x”