error articles section

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 4.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
giangivi
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

error articles section

Post by giangivi » Sat May 11, 2024 8:22 pm

Good morning, I'm trying to create a site for my business, and to understand how to do it, I downloaded a free quickstart version to understand how work the various menus, articles, etc...
The problem is that as soon as I enter the "articles" section to see how they are set up, the message "An error has occurred. 0 Call to a member function removeField() on null" appears.
How can I see how the articles are structured?

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: error articles section

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sat May 11, 2024 8:47 pm

Download and install the official Joomla.

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Sat May 11, 2024 9:55 pm

The error demonstrates one of the reasons why we frequently advise "Don't use quick-start packages for production sites" on this forum. They should only be used for demonstration purposes.

The template provider should have a stand-alone version of the template. Install the normal Joomla package (https://downloads.joomla.org for Joomla 5.1 or https://downloads.joomla.org/cms/joomla4 for J4) and install the stand-alone template and any related extensions as you see in the quickstart.

Note, that you may have to pay subscription fees for some of those extensions e.g. pro versions) to build your site the way the demo shows it. But it is best to build it from the ground up, once you understand how it's done in the demo.

Have you tried editing the articles from the front end? What template package are you using?

To trace the errors further, please turn on debug and PHP error reporting (global configuration), and post any additional errors you see.
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

giangivi
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by giangivi » Sun May 12, 2024 8:38 am

Thanks for the replies.
I installed the quickstart package just to study how it works, then I would make the site starting from a new installation.
Unfortunately I can't analyze it well because the articles section is blocked

ceford
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by ceford » Sun May 12, 2024 5:00 pm

Installed where? And why Joomla 4? If you want to know how it all works install a local development environment on your laptop/desktop and start with Joomla 5. And read the documentation!

Return to “Administration Joomla! 4.x”