Application update results in inability to manage portal

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 4.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
mollcons
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Application update results in inability to manage portal

Post by mollcons » Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:09 am

I have just done updates on two domains using Joomla 4 for 3 application updates. Following that update, I got the following error screen which results in my not being able to do anything in the admin portal. How do I resolve this?
Error.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Application update results in inability to manage portal

Post by toivo » Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:25 am

Which extensions did you update?

The error originates from a third party extension that expects the system plugin 'nrframework' to be available. Was this website using for example Convert Forms, one of the extension using that framework?

Use phpMyAdmin or a similar MySQL client application, available from cPanel or a similar page, provided by your host, and edit the database table _extension. Locate the row containing the system plugin 'nrframework' and change the column 'enabled' from 1 to 0, then click Go to apply the change. This will disable to troublesome plugin so that you can access the backend of Joomla and update the third party extension, which will re-install the system plugin.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Return to “Administration Joomla! 4.x”