Does Joomla Docs 'Basic_form_guide' apply to J4?

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 4.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
GillianBPP
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Does Joomla Docs 'Basic_form_guide' apply to J4?

Post by GillianBPP » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:37 am

Before I spend a long time attempting to create a form using the instructions on this page: https://docs.joomla.org/Basic_form_guide, can someone confirm that the instructions are valid for J4? It doesn't say and was last updated in April 2020.

TIA

sozzled
I've been banned!

Re: Does Joomla Docs 'Basic_form_guide' apply to J4?

Post by sozzled » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:49 am

It looks like this document is still relevant. The page you're looking at was first created in November 2019 and last revised in April 2020. I realise that is a full year before the first stable release of J! 4 but that gives you a reasonably high confidence level because not that much changed in that time.

(It's a "messy" document, in my opinion, but I don't think I could improve upon it.) Some of the API calls used in the examples were removed from J! 4.x; the theoretical principles, however, are sound.

The document you refer to is not a step-by-step set of instructions; it's a "checlist" (if you would prefer) to guide you in creating your own form when you're building your own component. Best of luck. :)

GillianBPP
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Does Joomla Docs 'Basic_form_guide' apply to J4?

Post by GillianBPP » Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:23 am

sozzled wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:49 am
The document you refer to is not a step-by-step set of instructions; it's a "checlist" (if you would prefer) to guide you in creating your own form when you're building your own component. Best of luck. :)
Thanks. I was looking for a step-by-step guide to creating a form, but haven't found anything so far that doesn't involve a third-party extension. I shall keep looking.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 4.x”