[Editing of arcticles in the frontend] Call to a member function getContent() on null Error after upgrade to 4.0.6

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 4.x?

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
hobbykoch
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

[Editing of arcticles in the frontend] Call to a member function getContent() on null Error after upgrade to 4.0.6

Post by hobbykoch » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:16 pm

Hello all together,

After updating from 3.10.x to 4.0.6 I get the following error:

Call to a member function getContent() on null

When trying to modify an article in the frontend.

Any ideas or suggestion what could be the root cause?

I have one idea: The deinstallation of remoteImages Plugin was required before the upgrade to 4.0.6 was performed. This plugin is not supporting 4.x and was overwriting the default media manager. I am not sure whether the uninstallation was done correctly. How can I check that the new media manager is used when editing an article in the frontend?

Maybe there is also another root cause for the above error message :-).

Thanks for some hints.
Last edited by imanickam on Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved topic » from Installation Joomla! 4.x to Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 4.x

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: [Editing of arcticles in the frontend] Call to a member function getContent() on null Error after upgrade to 4.0.6

Post by toivo » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:00 am

Is the front end template compatible with Joomla 4.0? If you are you using a third party editor, is that editor uptodate?

Go to Global Configuration and change the level of error reporting to 'Maximum' and also enable the Debug option so that the error message shows the origin of the error message, the script that triggers it. Post the details into your reply.

You could also post the results from the Forum Post Assistant (FPA) by following the instructions at https://forumpostassistant.github.io/docs/ so that the configuration can be reviewed.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 4.x”