Migration to Joomla 4 Failed - Class "JRequest" not found

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 4.x?

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
stargazer1682
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Migration to Joomla 4 Failed - Class "JRequest" not found

Post by stargazer1682 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:53 pm

I'm working on migrating a client's website to Joomla 4, currently running Joomla 3.10.10, PHP 8.0. As a precaution, I've copied the website I'm upgrading to a subdomain where I can use the copy as a demo, and work out any kinks; which proved to be the right move. I've tried it twice now, with the same result, which is after running the installation, the site is completely inaccessible. The frontend shows "The server returned a "500 - Whoops, looks like something went wrong."" The backend just shows "Class "JRequest" not found," but I can't find anything related to that with the Joomla 4 upgrade.

I ran the per-installation check. I disabled all extensions that were flagged as possible problems - I don't know if they needed to be uninstalled completely. I've been checking on Joomal 4 compatibility with each of them.
The one thing in the pre-install check I couldn't seem to address was under PHP settings, it says Display Errors is set to on, and I can't find any option to turn it off. I got to the Server tab in Global Configuration and error reporting is set to none. I can't find any php.ini file; and I even tried one suggestion I found of adding one with the code to set Display Errors to 0 and place it in a public_html folder in the root, but that didn't help.
So I'm stumped if that's the root of the issue, how to address it if it is; or what the problem might actually be.

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Migration to Joomla 4 Failed - Class "JRequest" not found

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:14 pm

Enable Debug in configuration.php to see where the error is comming from.

stargazer1682
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by stargazer1682 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:20 pm

Per Yngve Berg wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:14 pm
Enable Debug in configuration.php to see where the error is comming from.
I can't, that's part of the problem. The error is showing up when I try to access the backend, but that's all I get. It won't let me log in or do anything.

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by gws » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:58 pm

You can edit the configuration.php from your server cpanel.

Nidzo2203
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by Nidzo2203 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:01 pm

Access configuration.php file with ftp client or cPanel file manager. Change permission to 644 so you can change it
In configuration.php set Debug to 'true' and Error reporting to 'maximum'

Save file.

stargazer1682
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by stargazer1682 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:31 pm

Nidzo2203 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:01 pm
Access configuration.php file with ftp client or cPanel file manager. Change permission to 644 so you can change it
In configuration.php set Debug to 'true' and Error reporting to 'maximum'

Save file.
Frontend report:

Code: Select all

PrepareStatementFailureException
in .../libraries/vendor/joomla/database/src/Mysqli/MysqliStatement.php (line 141)
in .../libraries/vendor/joomla/database/src/Mysqli/MysqliDriver.php -> __construct (line 1048)
in .../libraries/vendor/joomla/database/src/DatabaseDriver.php -> prepareStatement (line 1900)
DatabaseDriver->setQuery(object(MysqliQuery))
in .../libraries/src/Menu/SiteMenu.php (line 155)
                )                ->bind(':currentDate2', $currentDate)                ->order($this->db->quoteName('m.lft'));            $items    = [];            $iterator = $this->db->setQuery($query)->getIterator();            foreach ($iterator as $item)            {                $items[$item->id] = new MenuItem((array) $item);            }
SiteMenu->Joomla\CMS\Menu\{closure}()
in .../libraries/src/Cache/Controller/CallbackController.php (line 52)
CallbackController->get(object(Closure), array(), 'd17e8e13b99b4d9bf23a7d0b83a466c3', false)
in .../libraries/src/Menu/SiteMenu.php (line 171)
SiteMenu->load()
in .../libraries/src/Menu/AbstractMenu.php (line 338)
AbstractMenu->getMenu()
in .../libraries/src/Menu/AbstractMenu.php (line 157)
AbstractMenu->getItem(null)
in .../libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php (line 429)
SiteApplication->getTemplate(true)
in .../libraries/src/Error/Renderer/HtmlRenderer.php (line 47)
HtmlRenderer->render(object(Error))
in .../libraries/src/Exception/ExceptionHandler.php (line 131)
ExceptionHandler::render(object(Error))
in .../libraries/src/Exception/ExceptionHandler.php (line 74)
ExceptionHandler::handleException(object(Error))
in .../libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php (line 311)
CMSApplication->execute()
in .../includes/app.php (line 63)
require_once('.../includes/app.php')
in .../index.php (line 32)
And backend

#	Function	Location
1	()	JROOT/plugins/system/constantcontactapi/constantcontactapi.php:43
2	plgSystemConstantContactAPI->onAfterInitialise()	JROOT/libraries/src/Plugin/CMSPlugin.php:285
3	Joomla\CMS\Plugin\CMSPlugin->Joomla\CMS\Plugin\{closure}()	JROOT/libraries/vendor/joomla/event/src/Dispatcher.php:486
4	Joomla\Event\Dispatcher->dispatch()	JROOT/libraries/src/Application/EventAware.php:111
5	Joomla\CMS\Application\WebApplication->triggerEvent()	JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:743
6	Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->initialiseApp()	JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:354
7	Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->initialiseApp()	JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:165
8	Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->doExecute()	JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:278
9	Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute()	JROOT/administrator/includes/app.php:63
10	require_once()	JROOT/administrator/index.php:32
Edited out the details of the root directory. On the backend, I see something a Constant Contact API, and I know I at least disabled that extension, if not uninstalled it before trying the upgrade. On the frontend, I honestly have no idea...

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:17 pm

Did you disable this plugin "plgSystemConstantContactAPI"?

stargazer1682
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by stargazer1682 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:25 pm

Per Yngve Berg wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:17 pm
Did you disable this plugin "plgSystemConstantContactAPI"?
I know I at least disabled it. I went through and disabled anything that was listed as a possible conflict or uncertain.

Nidzo2203
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by Nidzo2203 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:52 pm

It still makes problem. Rename extension's folder to something else.
For example constantcontactapiOLD

stargazer1682
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by stargazer1682 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:30 pm

Nidzo2203 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:52 pm
It still makes problem. Rename extension's folder to something else.
For example constantcontactapiOLD
That got me to where I could log into the backend, but this is all that would load:

This is the same as I got immediately after each attempt to run the upgrade; and then if I'd leave and try to come back to the backend I got the previous error.

I don't know what to do with these other errors though or to get this to where it's working in Joomla 4...

stargazer1682
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by stargazer1682 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:14 pm

Is there a way to manually change the administrator template if you don't have access to the backend? Digging into it more, I have reason to think that, at least the reason the backend looks like this is that the Joomla 3 isis template is not compatible with Joomla 4, in the course of the upgrade was still kept as the active template.

sozzled
I've been banned!

Re: Change from Isis to Atum template

Post by sozzled » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:52 pm

Theoretically, if people use the correct method to update J! 3.10 to J! 4.x, the old J! 3.x templates should either be automatically removed or deactivated. That's why I'm surprised that you would have the Isis template as the default for J! 4.x.

You can change the default template for J! 4.x by using phpMyAdmin and look at the table _template_styles (see the screenshot below):
changeIsis2Atum.png
Find the row relating to Isis and change the home column value from 1 to 0; find the row relating to Atum and change the home column value from 0 to 1. Once you are able to login to the backend you can then uninstall all the old J! 3.x templates used by the website.

J! 3.x templates are incompatible with J! 4.x (just like J! 2.5 templates are incompatible with J! 3.x or J!1.5 templates are incompatible with everything else).

Does that help?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stargazer1682
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by stargazer1682 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:52 am

sozzled wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:52 pm
Theoretically, if people use the correct method to update J! 3.10 to J! 4.x, the old J! 3.x templates should either be automatically removed or deactivated. That's why I'm surprised that you would have the Isis template as the default for J! 4.x.

You can change the default template for J! 4.x by using phpMyAdmin and look at the table _template_styles (see the screenshot below):

changeIsis2Atum.png

Find the row relating to Isis and change the home column value from 1 to 0; find the row relating to Atum and change the home column value from 0 to 1. Once you are able to login to the backend you can then uninstall all the old J! 3.x templates used by the website.

J! 3.x templates are incompatible with J! 4.x (just like J! 2.5 templates are incompatible with J! 3.x or J!1.5 templates are incompatible with everything else).

Does that help?
Okay, this is getting weird. I have two instances of attempting to get Joomla 4 work for this website; for one I used the upgrade option in the backend of the site I want to upgrade (a copy of it, anyway). The other was a fresh install of of Joomla 4 to see if it would be easier to just manually the copy the content over. The fresh install worked, but I didn't care for the backend layout, so I tried installing the default admin template I used on Joomla 3. Probably dumb, but the upshot was, when I did that, the backend appeared the way it did after I ran the upgrade in the demo site. That's what gave me an inkling that at least one of the problems was that the upgrade didn't make the switch in the admin templates.
I did what you suggested and went into PHPMyAdmin. It worked in the fresh install, but for some reason it won't show Atum in the template_styles table, even though the folder and files are in the administrator/templates folder for that instance. Something's incomplete in the upgrade process, and I've already done it twice with the same result, so I don't know what's going on.
I'd rather not have to essentially rebuild the entire website in a fresh install, if I don't have to. This is pretty much why I've been wary of switching to Joomla 4...

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:25 am

stargazer1682 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:52 am
I ... [had problems with one website wrecked by a badly-run update from J! 3.x to J! 4.x so I created another] fresh install of Joomla 4 to see if it would be easier to just manually the copy the content over ...
I wouldn't have recommended doing that even if there may be a dozen people who might suggest this approach.

stargazer1682 wrote:
The fresh install worked, but I didn't care for the backend layout ...
Well, that's entirely a matter of personal opinion but the Atum template is what you get when you create a new website with J! 4.x. ;)

stargazer1682 wrote:
... so I tried installing the default admin template I used on Joomla 3.
I don't know where you got that idea from. We've written dozens—if not hundreds—of times on this forum: J! 3.x templates are useless with J! 4.x. Don't do it; don't try to do it and, if you do it, it's your problem. 8)

stargazer1682 wrote:
I did what you suggested and went into phpMyAdmin. It worked in the fresh install, but for some reason it won't show Atum in the template_styles table, even though the folder and files are in the administrator/templates folder for that instance.
At this point in the game I'm lost. I wasn't aware that you have (or tried) two websites and, in having two websites we've confused a problem in one site with a problem in another (or, confused an issue caused by doing something in one website with a non-issue in the other site). So I'm lost here and I don't know what to advise.

Perhaps there's someone else—more gifted than me—who can make sense of what you're trying to describe. :pop Is it possible for you to go back to what you had before all of these problems started?

Nidzo2203
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by Nidzo2203 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:54 am

Start over again. Restore J3 backup (files and database).
Post screenshot of Pre-update check here.

stargazer1682
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by stargazer1682 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:14 pm

sozzled wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:25 am
At this point in the game I'm lost. I wasn't aware that you have (or tried) two websites and, in having two websites we've confused a problem in one site with a problem in another (or, confused an issue caused by doing something in one website with a non-issue in the other site). So I'm lost here and I don't know what to advise.

Perhaps there's someone else—more gifted than me—who can make sense of what you're trying to describe. :pop Is it possible for you to go back to what you had before all of these problems started?
It's not two websites. Rather than working on the actual live site and risk it crashing and then have to screw around restoring it, I copied the files and database to a subdomain on my hosting space, where I could try the installation without any risks and work out the kinks. Then once it was actually working, I could transition the working upgraded site to being the live version. I've found that to be a pretty good approach, as this occasion has affirmed, because I'd probably be pretty stressed and pissed off had I crashed my client's live site repeatedly now, with no clear reason as to why.

In this case I've ended up trying this two different ways. One of them being the fresh install as a subdomain.
Primarily I've tried the built-in upgrade from the backend - twice now, with two successive copies of the same website; both failing to upgrade. The second time I uninstalled a bunch of extensions that were flagged as possibly incompatible in the preinstall checklist. The only thing still on there that I mentioned in the OP, that hasn't been addressed yet in this thread, is that "display errors" was set to On under php settings, and I can't find anything about turning it off that's actually worked.

Yet it still did the same exact thing. It doesn't seem to actually do everything it's supposed to do, like change the admin template, and a host of other issues I don't even know where to start to address...

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:38 pm

stargazer1682 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:14 pm
Rather than working on the actual live site and risk it crashing and then have to screw around restoring it, I copied the files and database to a subdomain on my hosting space, where I could try the installation without any risks and work out the kinks.
Good strategy; that's probably how I would go about it, too. 8)

Can we assume, therefore, that the original website still works well and that the copy of the website (before you attempted to update/migrate to J! 4.x) works just as well? ??? We need to start by identifying known points of reference.

FYI:
probability.png
which, in English, reads: "the probability of the success of migrating from J! 3.x to J! 4.x is inversely proportional to the number of J! 3.x extensions installed." To put it another way, the chances of your success decrease the more extensions you've got.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stargazer1682
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by stargazer1682 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:30 am

I'm at a complete loss. I've tried uninstalling pretty much every extensions that comes up as either needs to be updated or unknown compatibility, same result.
I tried looking into a PHP warning in the checklist (Display error On) which didn't pan out. In that thread I was referred to this thread: viewtopic.php?f=812&t=995776
Which linked to another thread, and I can't tell from either of those what I'm actually supposed to be looking for.

I've attached screen shots of the frontend and backend after trying to upgrade. One thing that's consistent is that it never seems to manage to install the new admin template. The folder and files are there, but it never makes it into the database.

This is the administrator/logs/joomla_update.php report:

#
#<?php die('Forbidden.'); ?>
#Date: 2021-12-14 16:47:36 UTC
#Software: Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT

#Fields: datetime	priority clientip	category	message
2021-12-14T16:47:36+00:00	INFO 207.118.145.180	update	Update started by user Brian Reilly (631). Old version is 3.10.3.
2021-12-14T16:47:36+00:00	INFO 207.118.145.180	update	Downloading update file from https://downloads.joomla.org/cms/joomla3/3-10-4/Joomla_3.10.4-Stable-Update_Package.zip.
2021-12-14T16:47:38+00:00	INFO 207.118.145.180	update	File Joomla_3.10.4-Stable-Update_Package.zip downloaded.
2021-12-14T16:47:39+00:00	INFO 207.118.145.180	update	Starting installation of new version.
2021-12-14T16:47:45+00:00	INFO 207.118.145.180	update	Finalising installation.
2021-12-14T16:47:45+00:00	INFO 207.118.145.180	update	Deleting removed files and folders.
2021-12-14T16:47:45+00:00	INFO 207.118.145.180	update	Cleaning up after installation.
2021-12-14T16:47:45+00:00	INFO 207.118.145.180	update	Update to version 3.10.4 is complete.
2022-01-18T17:38:14+00:00	INFO 207.118.144.174	update	Update started by user Brian Reilly (631). Old version is 3.10.4.
2022-01-18T17:38:14+00:00	INFO 207.118.144.174	update	Downloading update file from https://downloads.joomla.org/cms/joomla3/3-10-5/Joomla_3.10.5-Stable-Update_Package.zip.
2022-01-18T17:38:20+00:00	INFO 207.118.144.174	update	File Joomla_3.10.5-Stable-Update_Package.zip downloaded.
2022-01-18T17:38:21+00:00	INFO 207.118.144.174	update	Starting installation of new version.
2022-01-18T17:38:38+00:00	INFO 207.118.144.174	update	Finalising installation.
2022-01-18T17:38:38+00:00	INFO 207.118.144.174	update	Deleting removed files and folders.
2022-01-18T17:38:39+00:00	INFO 207.118.144.174	update	Cleaning up after installation.
2022-01-18T17:38:39+00:00	INFO 207.118.144.174	update	Update to version 3.10.5 is complete.
2022-02-15T15:11:19+00:00	INFO 207.118.144.10	update	Update started by user Brian Reilly (631). Old version is 3.10.5.
2022-02-15T15:11:24+00:00	INFO 207.118.144.10	update	Downloading update file from https://downloads.joomla.org/cms/joomla3/3-10-6/Joomla_3.10.6-Stable-Update_Package.zip.
2022-02-15T15:11:30+00:00	INFO 207.118.144.10	update	File Joomla_3.10.6-Stable-Update_Package.zip downloaded.
2022-02-15T15:11:30+00:00	INFO 207.118.144.10	update	Starting installation of new version.
2022-02-15T15:11:59+00:00	INFO 207.118.144.10	update	Finalising installation.
2022-02-15T15:11:59+00:00	INFO 207.118.144.10	update	Deleting removed files and folders.
2022-02-15T15:12:00+00:00	INFO 207.118.144.10	update	Cleaning up after installation.
2022-02-15T15:12:00+00:00	INFO 207.118.144.10	update	Update to version 3.10.6 is complete.
2022-03-29T19:26:05+00:00	INFO 204.15.110.165	update	Update started by user Brian Reilly (631). Old version is 3.10.6.
2022-03-29T19:26:05+00:00	INFO 204.15.110.165	update	Downloading update file from https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/joomla-official-downloads/joomladownloads/joomla3/Joomla_3.10.7-Stable-Update_Package.zip?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Credential=AKIA6LXDJLNUINX2AVMH%2F20220329%2Fus-west-2%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20220329T192600Z&X-Amz-Expires=60&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&X-Amz-Signature=f1f3dcd4682988fbdaed4a20758087a56c9378e8697152ecd1f0004945ba9b45.
2022-03-29T19:26:07+00:00	INFO 204.15.110.165	update	File Joomla_3.10.7-Stable-Update_Package.zip downloaded.
2022-03-29T19:26:07+00:00	INFO 204.15.110.165	update	Starting installation of new version.
2022-03-29T19:26:28+00:00	INFO 204.15.110.165	update	Finalising installation.
2022-03-29T19:26:28+00:00	INFO 204.15.110.165	update	Ran query from file 3.10.7-2022-02-20. Query text: DELETE FROM `#__postinstall_messages` WHERE `title_key` = 'COM_ADMIN_POSTINSTALL.
2022-03-29T19:26:28+00:00	INFO 204.15.110.165	update	Ran query from file 3.10.7-2022-03-18. Query text: ALTER TABLE `#__users` ADD COLUMN `authProvider` VARCHAR(100) NOT NULL DEFAULT '.
2022-03-29T19:26:28+00:00	INFO 204.15.110.165	update	Deleting removed files and folders.
2022-03-29T19:26:29+00:00	INFO 204.15.110.165	update	Cleaning up after installation.
2022-03-29T19:26:29+00:00	INFO 204.15.110.165	update	Update to version 3.10.7 is complete.
2022-03-30T23:55:09+00:00	INFO 207.118.145.112	update	Update started by user Brian Reilly (631). Old version is 3.10.7.
2022-03-30T23:55:10+00:00	INFO 207.118.145.112	update	Downloading update file from https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/joomla-official-downloads/joomladownloads/joomla3/Joomla_3.10.8-Stable-Update_Package.zip?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Credential=AKIA6LXDJLNUINX2AVMH%2F20220330%2Fus-west-2%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20220330T235504Z&X-Amz-Expires=60&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&X-Amz-Signature=a2cfcd9c34556c3b912a32199638d0212512cc7618d3b98244f78e211ac9ab79.
2022-03-30T23:55:11+00:00	INFO 207.118.145.112	update	File Joomla_3.10.8-Stable-Update_Package.zip downloaded.
2022-03-30T23:55:11+00:00	INFO 207.118.145.112	update	Starting installation of new version.
2022-03-30T23:55:25+00:00	INFO 207.118.145.112	update	Finalising installation.
2022-03-30T23:55:25+00:00	INFO 207.118.145.112	update	Deleting removed files and folders.
2022-03-30T23:55:26+00:00	INFO 207.118.145.112	update	Cleaning up after installation.
2022-03-30T23:55:26+00:00	INFO 207.118.145.112	update	Update to version 3.10.8 is complete.
2022-05-10T20:10:03+00:00	INFO 24.177.149.113	update	Update started by user Brian Reilly (631). Old version is 3.10.8.
2022-05-10T20:10:04+00:00	INFO 24.177.149.113	update	Downloading update file from https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/joomla-official-downloads/joomladownloads/joomla3/Joomla_3.10.9-Stable-Update_Package.zip?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Credential=AKIA6LXDJLNUINX2AVMH%2F20220510%2Fus-west-2%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20220510T201004Z&X-Amz-Expires=60&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&X-Amz-Signature=da4dc57b89a2b88d877558115cc7b2fc6bd2b4d642d2a4165a160611c0cf081f.
2022-05-10T20:10:06+00:00	INFO 24.177.149.113	update	File Joomla_3.10.9-Stable-Update_Package.zip downloaded.
2022-05-10T20:10:07+00:00	INFO 24.177.149.113	update	Starting installation of new version.
2022-05-10T20:12:25+00:00	INFO 24.177.149.113	update	Finalising installation.
2022-05-10T20:12:25+00:00	INFO 24.177.149.113	update	Deleting removed files and folders.
2022-05-10T20:12:26+00:00	INFO 24.177.149.113	update	Cleaning up after installation.
2022-05-10T20:12:26+00:00	INFO 24.177.149.113	update	Update to version 3.10.9 is complete.
2022-06-21T20:22:49+00:00	INFO 207.118.145.58	update	Update started by user Brian Reilly (631). Old version is 3.10.9.
2022-06-21T20:22:50+00:00	INFO 207.118.145.58	update	Downloading update file from https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/joomla-official-downloads/joomladownloads/joomla3/Joomla_3.10.10-Stable-Update_Package.zip?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Credential=AKIA6LXDJLNUINX2AVMH%2F20220621%2Fus-west-2%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20220621T202249Z&X-Amz-Expires=60&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&X-Amz-Signature=6f9db82236db5bc4248a7f9664a76ccc46efb9c10db89d9d03930758bfaf1ee7.
2022-06-21T20:22:52+00:00	INFO 207.118.145.58	update	File Joomla_3.10.10-Stable-Update_Package.zip downloaded.
2022-06-21T20:22:52+00:00	INFO 207.118.145.58	update	Starting installation of new version.
2022-06-21T20:23:20+00:00	INFO 207.118.145.58	update	Finalising installation.
2022-06-21T20:23:20+00:00	INFO 207.118.145.58	update	Deleting removed files and folders.
2022-06-21T20:23:21+00:00	INFO 207.118.145.58	update	Cleaning up after installation.
2022-06-21T20:23:21+00:00	INFO 207.118.145.58	update	Update to version 3.10.10 is complete.
2022-08-16T22:37:58+00:00	INFO 207.118.145.27	update	Update started by user Brian Reilly (631). Old version is 3.10.10.
2022-08-16T22:37:59+00:00	INFO 207.118.145.27	update	Downloading update file from https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/joomla-official-downloads/joomladownloads/joomla3/Joomla_3.10.11-Stable-Update_Package.zip?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Credential=AKIA6LXDJLNUINX2AVMH%2F20220816%2Fus-west-2%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20220816T223825Z&X-Amz-Expires=60&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&X-Amz-Signature=cc34a5634368f3f266fdb56c7d1248d92295c2e6d653b5b4e20a86ac79d8660d.
2022-08-16T22:38:00+00:00	INFO 207.118.145.27	update	File Joomla_3.10.11-Stable-Update_Package.zip downloaded.
2022-08-16T22:38:01+00:00	INFO 207.118.145.27	update	Starting installation of new version.
2022-08-16T22:38:18+00:00	INFO 207.118.145.27	update	Update started by user Brian Reilly (631). Old version is 3.10.10.
2022-08-16T22:38:19+00:00	INFO 207.118.145.27	update	File Joomla_3.10.11-Stable-Update_Package.zip downloaded.
2022-08-16T22:38:19+00:00	INFO 207.118.145.27	update	Starting installation of new version.
2022-08-16T22:38:55+00:00	INFO 207.118.145.27	update	Finalising installation.
2022-08-16T22:38:55+00:00	INFO 207.118.145.27	update	Deleting removed files and folders.
2022-08-16T22:38:56+00:00	INFO 207.118.145.27	update	Cleaning up after installation.
2022-08-16T22:38:56+00:00	INFO 207.118.145.27	update	Update to version 3.10.11 is complete.
2022-08-18T21:00:44+00:00	INFO 207.118.145.27	update	Update started by user Brian Reilly (631). Old version is 3.10.11.
2022-08-18T21:00:44+00:00	INFO 207.118.145.27	update	Downloading update file from https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/joomla-official-downloads/joomladownloads/joomla4/Joomla_4.1.5-Stable-Update_Package.zip?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Credential=AKIA6LXDJLNUINX2AVMH%2F20220818%2Fus-west-2%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20220818T210109Z&X-Amz-Expires=60&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&X-Amz-Signature=4895319ed95e3e4e6d1503c9f4106d5a1859f0eb7b9f5e5090e9de32e86fdece.
2022-08-18T21:00:46+00:00	INFO 207.118.145.27	update	File Joomla_4.1.5-Stable-Update_Package.zip downloaded.
2022-08-18T21:00:46+00:00	INFO 207.118.145.27	update	Starting installation of new version.
I've lost track of the number of times I've tried running the installation at this point.
One thing that I don't know if it's unrelated or possibly the issue - before upgrading, in Extensions Manager, there's a single instance of a for the admin component of EasyBlog. I can't get rid of it. The component should have been uninstalled ages ago. I can't even find the installer (at least not one compatible with Joomla 3). There no files related to this in any directory I look in, and it doesn't come up in the database; so I have no idea how to remove it manually, and the automatic uninstall won't work... It might be completely unrelated the Joomla 4 upgrade; I'm just grasping at straws...

Nidzo2203
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by Nidzo2203 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:23 am

Why don't you try upgrading on your PC/Laptop?
Install WAMP server on your computer, download copy of your J3 site and database and try to upgrade.

sozzled
I've been banned!

Re: Joomla\Database\Exception\PrepareStatementFailureException: Unknown column 'm.publish_up' in 'where clause'

Post by sozzled » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:46 am

Joomla\Database\Exception\PrepareStatementFailureException:
Unknown column 'm.publish_up' in 'where clause'
... see viewtopic.php?f=812&t=995776

stargazer1682
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Joomla\Database\Exception\PrepareStatementFailureException: Unknown column 'm.publish_up' in 'where clause'

Post by stargazer1682 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:02 pm

sozzled wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:46 am
Joomla\Database\Exception\PrepareStatementFailureException:
Unknown column 'm.publish_up' in 'where clause'
... see viewtopic.php?f=812&t=995776
Yes, that's literally the link I posted in my last comment, that I've already looked at. As far as I can tell, that thread reaches no actual solution; and passes them on to yet another thread, that also doesn't appear to be helpful. Both have a lot of code, but the closest thing I can find in the second thread is that they tried uninstalling one or all but one of their templates, which I just tried and still no luck. This is actually becoming very frustrating, because all of the resources keep saying that this should be incredibly easy, and it's anything but - which is also why I've been reluctant to even try, because I saw this coming a mile away.
The installation doesn't even seem to be starting. It doesn't install Atum, there's not even any changes being made to the database, because at this point all I've had to do to restore the clone/demo version of the site is replace the files with copies of the original and it's back to J3 in a snap.
I've tried uninstalling every extension - which I shouldn't even have to try, otherwise I might as well just start with a fresh install - but even then it still isn't working. It's not even creating a joomla_update.php log most of the time.
I even tried doing an upload and install, first with the latest stable version of J4, then going back and trying Joomla 4.0. 4.0 got me closer to actually being able to do anything in the backend, but it's still completely broken.

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:49 pm

This site appears to have multiple issues.
I suggest you use the Forum Post Assistant so we can review your server config and extensions installed. See red frame above.

stargazer1682
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by stargazer1682 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:46 pm

Per Yngve Berg wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:49 pm
This site appears to have multiple issues.
I suggest you use the Forum Post Assistant so we can review your server config and extensions installed. See red frame above.
Looks like the script is working. Hopefully I put it in the right place and isn't too compromising. This is the cloned site that had a failed upgrade attempt.
https://joom42.ourbetterangels.org/Foru ... fpa-en.php

stargazer1682
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by stargazer1682 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:03 pm

Does the Forum Post Assistant show any insightful information? I can't make heads or tails of it.

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:27 pm

Here we go:
Forum Post Assistant (v1.6.5) : 21-Aug-2022 wrote:
Basic Environment :: wrote:Joomla! Instance :: Not Found
Joomla! Configured :: Not Found

Host Configuration :: OS: Linux | OS Version: 4.4.302-icpu-083 | Technology: x86_64 | Web Server: Apache | Encoding: gzip, deflate, br | System TMP Writable: Yes | Free Disk Space : 975.80 GiB |

PHP Configuration :: Version: 8.0.22 | PHP API: cgi-fcgi | Session Path Writable: Yes | Display Errors: 0 | Error Reporting: 22517 | Log Errors To: | Last Known Error: | Register Globals: | Magic Quotes: | Safe Mode: | Allow url fopen: 1 | Open Base: | Uploads: 1 | Max. Upload Size: 64M | Max. POST Size: 64M | Max. Input Time: -1 | Max. Execution Time: 50000 | Memory Limit: -1

Database Configuration :: Database Credentials incomplete or not available Nothing to display.
User Privileges : Unknown
Detailed Environment :: wrote:PHP Extensions :: Core (8.0.22) | date (8.0.22) | libxml (8.0.22) | openssl (8.0.22) | pcre (8.0.22) | sqlite3 (8.0.22) | zlib (8.0.22) | bcmath (8.0.22) | bz2 (8.0.22) | calendar (8.0.22) | ctype (8.0.22) | curl (8.0.22) | dba (8.0.22) | dom (20031129) | hash (8.0.22) | fileinfo (8.0.22) | filter (8.0.22) | ftp (8.0.22) | gd (8.0.22) | gettext (8.0.22) | gmp (8.0.22) | SPL (8.0.22) | iconv (8.0.22) | session (8.0.22) | intl (8.0.22) | json (8.0.22) | mbstring (8.0.22) | standard (8.0.22) | PDO (8.0.22) | mysqlnd (mysqlnd 8.0.22) | pdo_sqlite (8.0.22) | Phar (8.0.22) | posix (8.0.22) | Reflection (8.0.22) | imap (8.0.22) | shmop (8.0.22) | SimpleXML (8.0.22) | soap (8.0.22) | sodium (8.0.22) | pdo_mysql (8.0.22) | exif (8.0.22) | tidy (8.0.22) | tokenizer (8.0.22) | xml (8.0.22) | xmlreader (8.0.22) | xmlwriter (8.0.22) | xsl (8.0.22) | zip (1.19.5) | mysqli (8.0.22) | cgi-fcgi (8.0.22) | Zend Engine (4.0.22) |
Potential Missing Extensions :: mysql | mcrypt |

Switch User Environment :: PHP CGI: Yes | Server SU: Yes | PHP SU: Yes | Potential Ownership Issues: Unknown

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:38 pm

The server looks OK, except that there is no Joomla.

stargazer1682
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by stargazer1682 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:56 pm

Per Yngve Berg wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:38 pm
The server looks OK, except that there is no Joomla.
I honestly don't know what to make of that. This the assistant was added to an instance of the site after (an attempted) install of Joomla 4. All of the files are there, it just completely breaks down.

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:04 pm

The FPA didn"t find a configuration.php file in the folder where it's located.

stargazer1682
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by stargazer1682 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:26 pm

Per Yngve Berg wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:04 pm
The FPA didn"t find a configuration.php file in the folder where it's located.
It's definitely there (see attached screenshot).

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:33 pm

Yes, but the FPA is not in the same folder.

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 4.x”