Problem migration 3.10.11 to 4.2.6 ... Could not open for writing Topic is solved

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 4.x?

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Post Reply
FuzzyRob
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:30 am

Problem migration 3.10.11 to 4.2.6 ... Could not open for writing

Post by FuzzyRob » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:46 am

Hi,
Followed instructions to start an migration, all seems fine. When starting the migration the following errors occurred. Tried 3 times: it seems randomly to occur.
ERROR:
Could not open /home/sofie/domains/sofiecarbone.nl/private_html/libraries/vendor/composer/ca-bundle/src/CaBundle.php for writing. (complete 18.9%)
ERROR:
Could not open /home/sofie/domains/sofiecarbone.nl/private_html/libraries/vendor/symfony/polyfill-intl-normalizer/Resources/stubs/Normalizer.php for writing. (22.5%)
ERROR:
Could not open /home/sofie/domains/sofiecarbone.nl/private_html/media/com_templates/css/admin-templates-default.min.css.gz for writing. (28.0%)
Error reporting to max, but no available logging.
Updates in 3.x.x went always smoothly. Hoping someone can help.
FPA content:
Forum Post Assistant (v1.6.6) : 29-Jan-2023 wrote:
Basic Environment :: wrote:Joomla! Instance :: Joomla! 3.10.11-Stable (Daraja) 14-August-2022
Joomla! Platform :: Joomla Platform 13.1.0-Stable (Curiosity) 24-Apr-2013
Joomla! Configured :: Yes | Writable (644) |
Configuration Options :: Offline: false | SEF: true | SEF Suffix: false | SEF ReWrite: false | .htaccess/web.config: Yes | GZip: false | Cache: false | CacheTime: 15 | CacheHandler: file | CachePlatformPrefix: false | FTP Layer: false | Proxy: false | LiveSite: Is Not Empty | Session lifetime: 15 | Session handler: database | Shared sessions: false | SSL: 2 | Error Reporting: default | Site Debug: false | Language Debug: false | Default Access: Public | Unicode Slugs: false | dbConnection Type: mysqli | PHP Supports J! 3.10.11: Yes | Database Supports J! 3.10.11: Yes | Database Credentials Present: Yes |

Host Configuration :: OS: Linux | OS Version: 3.10.0-1160.66.1.el7.x86_64 | Technology: x86_64 | Web Server: Apache/2 | Encoding: gzip, deflate, br | System TMP Writable: Yes | Free Disk Space : 91.31 GiB |

PHP Configuration :: Version: 7.4.33 | PHP API: fpm-fcgi | Session Path Writable: No | Display Errors: 0 | Error Reporting: 22527 | Log Errors To: | Last Known Error: | Register Globals: | Magic Quotes: | Safe Mode: | Allow url fopen: 1 | Open Base: /home/sofie/:/tmp/:/var/tmp/:/usr/local/php74/lib/:/usr/local/php54/lib/:/usr/local/php55/lib/:/usr/local/lib/php/ | Uploads: 1 | Max. Upload Size: 64M | Max. POST Size: 64M | Max. Input Time: 60 | Max. Execution Time: 30 | Memory Limit: 128M

Database Configuration :: Version: 10.1.41-MariaDB (Client:mysqlnd 7.4.33) | Database Size: 4.38 MiB | #of Tables with config prefix:  78 | #of other Tables:  0 | User Privileges : GRANT ALL
Detailed Environment :: wrote:PHP Extensions :: Core (7.4.33) | date (7.4.33) | libxml (7.4.33) | openssl (7.4.33) | pcre (7.4.33) | sqlite3 (7.4.33) | zlib (7.4.33) | bcmath (7.4.33) | calendar (7.4.33) | ctype (7.4.33) | curl (7.4.33) | dom (20031129) | hash (7.4.33) | fileinfo (7.4.33) | filter (7.4.33) | ftp (7.4.33) | gd (7.4.33) | gettext (7.4.33) | SPL (7.4.33) | iconv (7.4.33) | intl (7.4.33) | json (7.4.33) | mbstring (7.4.33) | session (7.4.33) | standard (7.4.33) | mysqlnd (mysqlnd 7.4.33) | PDO (7.4.33) | pdo_mysql (7.4.33) | pdo_sqlite (7.4.33) | Phar (7.4.33) | posix (7.4.33) | Reflection (7.4.33) | mysqli (7.4.33) | SimpleXML (7.4.33) | soap (7.4.33) | sockets (7.4.33) | sodium (7.4.33) | exif (7.4.33) | tokenizer (7.4.33) | xml (7.4.33) | xmlreader (7.4.33) | xmlwriter (7.4.33) | xsl (7.4.33) | zip (1.15.6) | cgi-fcgi (7.4.33) | ionCube Loader (12.0.2) | Zend OPcache (7.4.33) | Zend Engine (3.4.0) |
Potential Missing Extensions ::

Switch User Environment :: PHP CGI: Yes | Server SU: Yes | PHP SU: Yes | Potential Ownership Issues: No
Folder Permissions :: wrote:Core Folders :: images/ (755) | components/ (755) | modules/ (755) | plugins/ (755) | language/ (755) | templates/ (755) | cache/ (755) | logs/ (---) | tmp/ (755) | administrator/components/ (755) | administrator/modules/ (755) | administrator/language/ (755) | administrator/templates/ (755) | administrator/logs/ (755) |

Elevated Permissions (First 10) ::
Database Information :: wrote:Database statistics :: Uptime: 21555042 | Threads: 1 | Questions: 1093815578 | Slow queries: 43031490 | Opens: 3231773 | Flush tables: 1 | Open tables: 4096 | Queries per second avg: 50.745 |
Extensions Discovered :: wrote:Components :: Site ::
Core :: com_mailto (3.0.0) 1 | com_wrapper (3.0.0) 1 |
3rd Party::

Components :: Admin ::
Core :: com_actionlogs (3.9.0) 1 | com_admin (3.0.0) 1 | com_ajax (3.2.0) 1 | com_associations (3.7.0) 1 | com_banners (3.0.0) 1 | com_cache (3.0.0) 1 | com_categories (3.0.0) 1 | com_checkin (3.0.0) 1 | com_config (3.0.0) 1 | com_content (3.0.0) 1 | com_contenthistory (3.2.0) 1 | com_cpanel (3.0.0) 1 | com_fields (3.7.0) 1 | com_finder (3.0.0) 1 | com_installer (3.0.0) 1 | com_joomlaupdate (3.10.1) 1 | com_languages (3.0.0) 1 | com_login (3.0.0) 1 | com_media (3.0.0) 1 | com_menus (3.0.0) 1 | com_messages (3.0.0) 1 | com_modules (3.0.0) 1 | com_newsfeeds (3.0.0) 1 | com_plugins (3.0.0) 1 | com_postinstall (3.2.0) 1 | com_privacy (3.9.0) 1 | com_redirect (3.0.0) 1 | com_search (3.0.0) 1 | com_tags (3.1.0) 1 | com_templates (3.0.0) 1 | com_users (3.0.0) 1 |
3rd Party::

Modules :: Site ::
Core :: mod_articles_archive (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_categories (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_category (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_latest (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_news (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_popular (3.0.0) 1 | mod_banners (3.0.0) 1 | mod_breadcrumbs (3.0.0) 1 | mod_custom (3.0.0) 1 | mod_feed (3.0.0) 1 | mod_finder (3.0.0) 1 | mod_footer (3.0.0) 1 | mod_languages (3.5.0) 1 | mod_login (3.0.0) 1 | mod_menu (3.0.0) 1 | mod_random_image (3.0.0) 1 | mod_related_items (3.0.0) 1 | mod_search (3.0.0) 1 | mod_stats (3.0.0) 1 | mod_syndicate (3.0.0) 1 | mod_tags_popular (3.1.0) 1 | mod_tags_similar (3.1.0) 1 | mod_users_latest (3.0.0) 1 | mod_whosonline (3.0.0) 1 | mod_wrapper (3.0.0) 1 |
3rd Party::

Modules :: Admin ::
Core :: mod_custom (3.0.0) 1 | mod_feed (3.0.0) 1 | mod_latest (3.0.0) 1 | mod_latestactions (3.9.0) 1 | mod_logged (3.0.0) 1 | mod_login (3.0.0) 1 | mod_menu (3.0.0) 1 | mod_multilangstatus (3.0.0) 1 | mod_popular (3.0.0) 1 | mod_privacy_dashboard (3.9.0) 1 | mod_quickicon (3.0.0) 1 | mod_sampledata (3.8.0) 1 | mod_stats_admin (3.0.0) 1 | mod_status (3.0.0) 1 | mod_submenu (3.0.0) 1 | mod_title (3.0.0) 1 | mod_toolbar (3.0.0) 1 | mod_version (3.0.0) 1 |
3rd Party::

Libraries ::
Core ::
3rd Party::

Plugins ::
Core :: PLG_ACTIONLOG_JOOMLA (3.9.0) 1 | plg_authentication_cookie (3.0.0) 1 | plg_authentication_gmail (3.0.0) 0 | plg_authentication_joomla (3.0.0) 1 | plg_authentication_ldap (3.0.0) 0 | plg_captcha_recaptcha (3.4.0) 0 | plg_captcha_recaptcha_invisible (3.8) 0 | plg_content_confirmconsent (3.9.0) 0 | plg_content_emailcloak (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_fields (3.7.0) 1 | plg_content_finder (3.0.0) 0 | plg_content_joomla (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_loadmodule (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_pagebreak (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_pagenavigation (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_vote (3.0.0) 0 | plg_editors-xtd_article (3.0.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_fields (3.7.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_image (3.0.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_menu (3.7.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_module (3.5.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_pagebreak (3.0.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_readmore (3.0.0) 1 | plg_extension_joomla (3.0.0) 1 | plg_fields_calendar (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_checkboxes (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_color (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_editor (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_imagelist (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_integer (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_list (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_media (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_radio (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_repeatable (3.9.0) 1 | plg_fields_sql (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_text (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_textarea (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_url (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_user (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_usergrouplist (3.7.0) 1 | plg_finder_categories (3.0.0) 1 | plg_finder_contacts (3.0.0) 1 | plg_finder_content (3.0.0) 1 | plg_finder_newsfeeds (3.0.0) 1 | plg_finder_tags (3.0.0) 1 | PLG_INSTALLER_FOLDERINSTALLER (3.6.0) 1 | plg_installer_packageinstaller (3.6.0) 1 | PLG_INSTALLER_URLINSTALLER (3.6.0) 1 | plg_privacy_actionlogs (3.9.0) 1 | plg_privacy_consents (3.9.0) 1 | plg_privacy_content (3.9.0) 1 | plg_privacy_message (3.9.0) 1 | plg_privacy_user (3.9.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_eos310 (3.10.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_extensionupdate (3.0.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_joomlaupdate (3.0.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_phpversioncheck (3.7.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_privacycheck (3.9.0) 1 | plg_search_categories (3.0.0) 1 | plg_search_contacts (3.0.0) 1 | plg_search_content (3.0.0) 1 | plg_search_newsfeeds (3.0.0) 1 | plg_search_tags (3.0.0) 1 | PLG_SYSTEM_ACTIONLOGS (3.9.0) 1 | plg_system_cache (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_debug (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_fields (3.7.0) 1 | plg_system_highlight (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_languagecode (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_languagefilter (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_log (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_logout (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_logrotation (3.9.0) 1 | plg_system_p3p (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_privacyconsent (3.9.0) 0 | plg_system_redirect (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_remember (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_sef (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_sessiongc (3.8.6) 1 | plg_system_stats (3.5.0) 1 | plg_system_updatenotification (3.5.0) 1 | plg_twofactorauth_totp (3.2.0) 0 | plg_twofactorauth_yubikey (3.2.0) 0 | plg_user_contactcreator (3.0.0) 0 | plg_user_joomla (3.0.0) 1 | plg_user_profile (3.0.0) 0 | plg_user_terms (3.9.0) 0 |
3rd Party:: plg_editors_codemirror (5.60.0) 1 | plg_editors_tinymce (4.5.12) 1 |
Templates Discovered :: wrote:Templates :: Site :: beez3 (3.1.0) 1 | protostar (1.0) ? | Sofiecarbone_1 (1.0) ? |
Templates :: Admin :: hathor (3.0.0) 1 | isis (1.0) 1 |

User avatar
pe7er
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master
Posts: 24227
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:55 pm
Location: Nijmegen, Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Problem migration 3.10.11 to 4.2.6 ... Could not open for writing

Post by pe7er » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:01 am

Welcome to Joomla forum!

In your FPA I see two settings that might cause your issue:
Session Path Writable: No
Open Base: /home/sofie/:/tmp/:/var/tmp/:/usr/local/php74/lib/:/usr/local/php54/lib/:/usr/local/php55/lib/:/usr/local/lib/php/

With open_basedir on, the permissions for read/write/execute are limited to specified directories.
Could you disable that temporarily and try again?

Alternatively you could do the migration on another location (e.g. local computer wit web environment like XAMPP) and restore the migrated website on your server (e.g. using Akeeba Backup).
Kind Regards,
Peter Martin, Global Moderator
Company website: https://db8.nl - Joomla specialist, Nijmegen, Netherlands
The best website: https://the-best-website.com

User avatar
Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master
Posts: 42534
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:58 pm

Re: Problem migration 3.10.11 to 4.2.6 ... Could not open for writing

Post by Webdongle » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:45 pm

LiveSite: Is Not Empty
in configuration.php should be
public $live_site = '';
That's two single quotes not one double quote
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets".

FuzzyRob
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:30 am

Re: Problem migration 3.10.11 to 4.2.6 ... Could not open for writing

Post by FuzzyRob » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:36 pm

Thanks for the quick reply!
Had contact with PCextreme how to set PHP settings, this is done by inserting file .user.ini in /private_html/(site is https)
Added these lines: (this should solve session Path Writable, hint from pe7er)
allow_url_fopen = On
session.save_path = /tmp
also changed the configuration.php (hint from Webdongle)
This didn't help , get same result.
I have to go for alternative (hint pe7er) to use XAMPP
FPA content:
Forum Post Assistant (v1.6.6) : 31-Jan-2023 wrote:
Basic Environment :: wrote:Joomla! Instance :: Joomla! 3.10.11-Stable (Daraja) 14-August-2022
Joomla! Platform :: Joomla Platform 13.1.0-Stable (Curiosity) 24-Apr-2013
Joomla! Configured :: Yes | Read-Only (444) |
Configuration Options :: Offline: false | SEF: true | SEF Suffix: false | SEF ReWrite: false | .htaccess/web.config: Yes | GZip: false | Cache: false | CacheTime: 15 | CacheHandler: file | CachePlatformPrefix: false | FTP Layer: false | Proxy: false | LiveSite: | Session lifetime: 15 | Session handler: database | Shared sessions: false | SSL: 2 | Error Reporting: maximum | Site Debug: false | Language Debug: false | Default Access: Public | Unicode Slugs: false | dbConnection Type: mysqli | PHP Supports J! 3.10.11: Yes | Database Supports J! 3.10.11: Yes | Database Credentials Present: Yes |

Host Configuration :: OS: Linux | OS Version: 3.10.0-1160.66.1.el7.x86_64 | Technology: x86_64 | Web Server: Apache/2 | Encoding: gzip, deflate, br | System TMP Writable: Yes | Free Disk Space : 91.23 GiB |

PHP Configuration :: Version: 7.4.33 | PHP API: fpm-fcgi | Session Path Writable: Yes | Display Errors: 0 | Error Reporting: 22527 | Log Errors To: | Last Known Error: | Register Globals: | Magic Quotes: | Safe Mode: | Allow url fopen: 1 | Open Base: /home/sofie/:/tmp/:/var/tmp/:/usr/local/php74/lib/:/usr/local/php54/lib/:/usr/local/php55/lib/:/usr/local/lib/php/ | Uploads: 1 | Max. Upload Size: 64M | Max. POST Size: 64M | Max. Input Time: 60 | Max. Execution Time: 30 | Memory Limit: 128M

Database Configuration :: Version: 10.1.41-MariaDB (Client:mysqlnd 7.4.33) | Database Size: 4.41 MiB | #of Tables with config prefix:  78 | #of other Tables:  0 | User Privileges : GRANT ALL
Detailed Environment :: wrote:PHP Extensions :: Core (7.4.33) | date (7.4.33) | libxml (7.4.33) | openssl (7.4.33) | pcre (7.4.33) | sqlite3 (7.4.33) | zlib (7.4.33) | bcmath (7.4.33) | calendar (7.4.33) | ctype (7.4.33) | curl (7.4.33) | dom (20031129) | hash (7.4.33) | fileinfo (7.4.33) | filter (7.4.33) | ftp (7.4.33) | gd (7.4.33) | gettext (7.4.33) | SPL (7.4.33) | iconv (7.4.33) | intl (7.4.33) | json (7.4.33) | mbstring (7.4.33) | session (7.4.33) | standard (7.4.33) | mysqlnd (mysqlnd 7.4.33) | PDO (7.4.33) | pdo_mysql (7.4.33) | pdo_sqlite (7.4.33) | Phar (7.4.33) | posix (7.4.33) | Reflection (7.4.33) | mysqli (7.4.33) | SimpleXML (7.4.33) | soap (7.4.33) | sockets (7.4.33) | sodium (7.4.33) | exif (7.4.33) | tokenizer (7.4.33) | xml (7.4.33) | xmlreader (7.4.33) | xmlwriter (7.4.33) | xsl (7.4.33) | zip (1.15.6) | cgi-fcgi (7.4.33) | ionCube Loader (12.0.2) | Zend OPcache (7.4.33) | Zend Engine (3.4.0) |
Potential Missing Extensions ::

Switch User Environment :: PHP CGI: Yes | Server SU: Yes | PHP SU: Yes | Potential Ownership Issues: No
Folder Permissions :: wrote:Core Folders :: images/ (755) | components/ (755) | modules/ (755) | plugins/ (755) | language/ (755) | templates/ (755) | cache/ (755) | logs/ (---) | tmp/ (755) | administrator/components/ (755) | administrator/modules/ (755) | administrator/language/ (755) | administrator/templates/ (755) | administrator/logs/ (755) |

Elevated Permissions (First 10) ::
Database Information :: wrote:Database statistics :: Uptime: 21766281 | Threads: 2 | Questions: 1102138352 | Slow queries: 43408224 | Opens: 3257294 | Flush tables: 1 | Open tables: 4096 | Queries per second avg: 50.635 |
Extensions Discovered :: wrote:Components :: Site ::
Core :: com_mailto (3.0.0) 1 | com_wrapper (3.0.0) 1 |
3rd Party::

Components :: Admin ::
Core :: com_actionlogs (3.9.0) 1 | com_admin (3.0.0) 1 | com_ajax (3.2.0) 1 | com_associations (3.7.0) 1 | com_banners (3.0.0) 1 | com_cache (3.0.0) 1 | com_categories (3.0.0) 1 | com_checkin (3.0.0) 1 | com_config (3.0.0) 1 | com_content (3.0.0) 1 | com_contenthistory (3.2.0) 1 | com_cpanel (3.0.0) 1 | com_fields (3.7.0) 1 | com_finder (3.0.0) 1 | com_installer (3.0.0) 1 | com_joomlaupdate (3.10.1) 1 | com_languages (3.0.0) 1 | com_login (3.0.0) 1 | com_media (3.0.0) 1 | com_menus (3.0.0) 1 | com_messages (3.0.0) 1 | com_modules (3.0.0) 1 | com_newsfeeds (3.0.0) 1 | com_plugins (3.0.0) 1 | com_postinstall (3.2.0) 1 | com_privacy (3.9.0) 1 | com_redirect (3.0.0) 1 | com_search (3.0.0) 1 | com_tags (3.1.0) 1 | com_templates (3.0.0) 1 | com_users (3.0.0) 1 |
3rd Party::

Modules :: Site ::
Core :: mod_articles_archive (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_categories (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_category (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_latest (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_news (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_popular (3.0.0) 1 | mod_banners (3.0.0) 1 | mod_breadcrumbs (3.0.0) 1 | mod_custom (3.0.0) 1 | mod_feed (3.0.0) 1 | mod_finder (3.0.0) 1 | mod_footer (3.0.0) 1 | mod_languages (3.5.0) 1 | mod_login (3.0.0) 1 | mod_menu (3.0.0) 1 | mod_random_image (3.0.0) 1 | mod_related_items (3.0.0) 1 | mod_search (3.0.0) 1 | mod_stats (3.0.0) 1 | mod_syndicate (3.0.0) 1 | mod_tags_popular (3.1.0) 1 | mod_tags_similar (3.1.0) 1 | mod_users_latest (3.0.0) 1 | mod_whosonline (3.0.0) 1 | mod_wrapper (3.0.0) 1 |
3rd Party::

Modules :: Admin ::
Core :: mod_custom (3.0.0) 1 | mod_feed (3.0.0) 1 | mod_latest (3.0.0) 1 | mod_latestactions (3.9.0) 1 | mod_logged (3.0.0) 1 | mod_login (3.0.0) 1 | mod_menu (3.0.0) 1 | mod_multilangstatus (3.0.0) 1 | mod_popular (3.0.0) 1 | mod_privacy_dashboard (3.9.0) 1 | mod_quickicon (3.0.0) 1 | mod_sampledata (3.8.0) 1 | mod_stats_admin (3.0.0) 1 | mod_status (3.0.0) 1 | mod_submenu (3.0.0) 1 | mod_title (3.0.0) 1 | mod_toolbar (3.0.0) 1 | mod_version (3.0.0) 1 |
3rd Party::

Libraries ::
Core ::
3rd Party::

Plugins ::
Core :: PLG_ACTIONLOG_JOOMLA (3.9.0) 1 | plg_authentication_cookie (3.0.0) 1 | plg_authentication_gmail (3.0.0) 0 | plg_authentication_joomla (3.0.0) 1 | plg_authentication_ldap (3.0.0) 0 | plg_captcha_recaptcha (3.4.0) 0 | plg_captcha_recaptcha_invisible (3.8) 0 | plg_content_confirmconsent (3.9.0) 0 | plg_content_emailcloak (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_fields (3.7.0) 1 | plg_content_finder (3.0.0) 0 | plg_content_joomla (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_loadmodule (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_pagebreak (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_pagenavigation (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_vote (3.0.0) 0 | plg_editors-xtd_article (3.0.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_fields (3.7.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_image (3.0.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_menu (3.7.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_module (3.5.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_pagebreak (3.0.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_readmore (3.0.0) 1 | plg_extension_joomla (3.0.0) 1 | plg_fields_calendar (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_checkboxes (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_color (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_editor (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_imagelist (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_integer (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_list (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_media (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_radio (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_repeatable (3.9.0) 1 | plg_fields_sql (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_text (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_textarea (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_url (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_user (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_usergrouplist (3.7.0) 1 | plg_finder_categories (3.0.0) 1 | plg_finder_contacts (3.0.0) 1 | plg_finder_content (3.0.0) 1 | plg_finder_newsfeeds (3.0.0) 1 | plg_finder_tags (3.0.0) 1 | PLG_INSTALLER_FOLDERINSTALLER (3.6.0) 1 | plg_installer_packageinstaller (3.6.0) 1 | PLG_INSTALLER_URLINSTALLER (3.6.0) 1 | plg_privacy_actionlogs (3.9.0) 1 | plg_privacy_consents (3.9.0) 1 | plg_privacy_content (3.9.0) 1 | plg_privacy_message (3.9.0) 1 | plg_privacy_user (3.9.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_eos310 (3.10.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_extensionupdate (3.0.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_joomlaupdate (3.0.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_phpversioncheck (3.7.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_privacycheck (3.9.0) 1 | plg_search_categories (3.0.0) 1 | plg_search_contacts (3.0.0) 1 | plg_search_content (3.0.0) 1 | plg_search_newsfeeds (3.0.0) 1 | plg_search_tags (3.0.0) 1 | PLG_SYSTEM_ACTIONLOGS (3.9.0) 1 | plg_system_cache (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_debug (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_fields (3.7.0) 1 | plg_system_highlight (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_languagecode (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_languagefilter (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_log (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_logout (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_logrotation (3.9.0) 1 | plg_system_p3p (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_privacyconsent (3.9.0) 0 | plg_system_redirect (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_remember (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_sef (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_sessiongc (3.8.6) 1 | plg_system_stats (3.5.0) 1 | plg_system_updatenotification (3.5.0) 1 | plg_twofactorauth_totp (3.2.0) 0 | plg_twofactorauth_yubikey (3.2.0) 0 | plg_user_contactcreator (3.0.0) 0 | plg_user_joomla (3.0.0) 1 | plg_user_profile (3.0.0) 0 | plg_user_terms (3.9.0) 0 |
3rd Party:: plg_editors_codemirror (5.60.0) 1 | plg_editors_tinymce (4.5.12) 1 |
Templates Discovered :: wrote:Templates :: Site :: beez3 (3.1.0) 1 | protostar (1.0) ? | Sofiecarbone_1 (1.0) ? |
Templates :: Admin :: hathor (3.0.0) 1 | isis (1.0) 1 |

User avatar
Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master
Posts: 42534
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:58 pm

Re: Problem migration 3.10.11 to 4.2.6 ... Could not open for writing

Post by Webdongle » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:04 pm

Could this be a mod security setting?
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets".

User avatar
sozzled
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master
Posts: 13326
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:30 am
Location: Canberra, Australia

Re: Problem migration 3.10.11 to 4.2.6 ... Could not open for writing

Post by sozzled » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:09 pm

@Webdongle: more likely the open_basedir directive enabled as @pe7er mentioned earlier. mod_security issues typically generate HTTP 503 (Forbidden) errors ... typically but not exhaustively. Eliminate the possibility of open_basedir and see what falls out after that.

One also wonders how the Live_Site = non-empty came to be set in the first place. The website is probably cactus ...
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?”
Walking the talk: https://j4xdemo.enduring.com.au
:)

FuzzyRob
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:30 am

Re: Problem migration 3.10.11 to 4.2.6 ... Could not open for writing

Post by FuzzyRob » Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:46 pm

After some tries changing PHP settings, without success.
De sided to use XAMPP (beware to use same PHP version as host)
Copied site to "htdocs" made an "export" of DataBase
Got it working locally, did the migration (all went smoothly)
Restored the site with FTP, and "import" of DataBase
This way the migration went relaxed, no stress / headache.

Thanks all of your help and quick replies.
FuzzyRob

User avatar
Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master
Posts: 42534
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:58 pm

Re: Problem migration 3.10.11 to 4.2.6 ... Could not open for writing

Post by Webdongle » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:47 pm

With Wamp you can change the php version on the fly. But with xampp you you can not.
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets".


Post Reply

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 4.x”