Invalid ajax data error while upgrading to Joomla 4 Topic is solved

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 4.x?

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
sagaranvekar
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Invalid ajax data error while upgrading to Joomla 4

Post by sagaranvekar » Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:21 pm

Hi,

After following all steps and pre-check on Joomla 3, I disabled all 3rd party extensions and then tried to update to Joomla 4 but it is throwing this error:

Code: Select all

ERROR:
Invalid AJAX data:
<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>:  Uncaught Error: Class 'Joomla\CMS\Filesystem\File' not found in /home/customer/www/websiteurl.com/public_html/staging/administrator/components/com_admin/script.php:7846
Stack trace:
#0 /home/customer/www/websiteurl.com/public_html/staging/administrator/components/com_joomlaupdate/restore_finalisation.php(177): JoomlaInstallerScript-&gt;deleteUnexistingFiles()
#1 /home/customer/www/websiteurl.com/public_html/staging/administrator/components/com_joomlaupdate/restore.php(5103): finalizeRestore('/home/customer/...', '/home/customer/...')
#2 {main}
  thrown in <b>/home/customer/www/websiteurl.com/public_html/staging/administrator/components/com_admin/script.php</b> on line <b>7846</b><br />
Screenshot:
https://monosnap.com/file/qWmuZG0jEjvcS ... RUL8XGzOhN

Every time, it gets stuck at 90.7% and throws this error.
Tried switching PHP version to 7.3, 7.4 and 8 but no luck.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks.

sagaranvekar
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

[Solved] Invalid ajax data error while upgrading to Joomla 4

Post by sagaranvekar » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:54 pm

I was able to resolve this issue myself. Writing what helped me fix this issue.
As mentioned, all 3rd party extensions were disabled. I was doubtful about JCE, so I removed it and changed default editor to MCE. Forgot to clear cache (Siteground memcache) and tried to update. Didn't work. So, then I installed this Admin Tools on Joomla 3:
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/admin-tools/
And used all tools they have like permission fix, emptying temp folder, database etc and then I removed Admin Tools (because they have different versions for J3 & J4). Then cleared all cache and started Joomla 4 update.
That's it!
A big thanks to Akeeba team!

I hope it will help someone having same issue.

Bowlerek
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Invalid ajax data error while upgrading to Joomla 4

Post by Bowlerek » Fri May 12, 2023 11:26 am

Hi. I have the same problem. Unfortunately still not resolved. I installed Admin Tools, but I don't have options permission fix.

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 4.x”