Smart Search - Web Links issue

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 4.x?

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
b0gdan
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Smart Search - Web Links issue

Post by b0gdan » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:57 pm

greetings,
I’ve done a migration to test joomla 4 upgrading the joomla 3.10.11 … then I update Smart Search - Web Links and start testing … I’ve noticed a lot of error from overrited modules in template and some other issues and then I restore it back to joomla 3.10.11 … but this time site stoped publishing anything in it … I was thinking could be an indexing pages issue … generated somehow by Smart Search - Web Links so, I’ve disabled the plugin … the site start to allow me publish new articles … please advice how to deal with kind of issue with Smart Search - Web Links … thank you

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Smart Search - Web Links issue

Post by gws » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:23 pm

How did you revert to J3.10.11 ?

b0gdan
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by b0gdan » Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:46 pm

just rewriting the files from backed ones and import the backuped database sql … Yes, I was thinking too, that installibg smart search web links in joomla 4 and just importing the database and not delete and import … the table structucture was altered and in joomla 3.10.11 this could was the cause of indexing new content … but I’m not sure … for the moment just desabling the Smart Search Web links plugin made the site saving again new content … I’ll appreciate the best way to deal with the issue now and in the future when I’ll try again the migration to joomla 4 … ( I have some modules overriten in /templates/html and I must update the code there too from the new component modules even in template overriten modules ) …

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by gws » Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:32 pm

It is generally considered best practice to delete all files from the root and emptying the DB before restoring a backup as J4 makes significant changes to the DB and file system.

b0gdan
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by b0gdan » Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:09 pm

yes, I agree totaly ! … know I have my lesson learned … getting back to the topic … anyone have similar issues in indexing new content created in site because of smart search - web links plugin !?

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 4.x”