Opening update page gives MAX_JOIN_SIZE error

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 4.x?

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Post Reply
holyduck
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:16 am

Opening update page gives MAX_JOIN_SIZE error

Post by holyduck » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:12 pm

Code: Select all

An error has occurred.
1104
The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay
I've been on 4.0 for awhile now, updated to 4.0.4, and planning to update to 4.1 soon. But when i go to the update page (/administrator/index.php?option=com_joomlaupdate) i get an error about MAX_JOIN_SIZE, which never happened before. My shared hosting provider said that they can't raise the limit and can't set SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 from their side.

I checked phpmyadmin and it says that max_join_size value is 500000000 (seems quite big compared to 300000 and 1000000 which i saw in examples of such problem online). I tried changing update channels, rebuilding "update sites", refreshing cache of "Joomla! Update" component. Can't quite find where and how exactly to insert SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1, which would solve this.

User avatar
Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master
Posts: 41878
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:58 pm

Re: Opening update page gives MAX_JOIN_SIZE error

Post by Webdongle » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:22 am

http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets".

holyduck
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:16 am

Re: Opening update page gives MAX_JOIN_SIZE error

Post by holyduck » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:43 am

IngmarJ wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:04 am
I have same issue updating 4.1.4 to 4.1.5
@ holyduck did you find a solution?
Kinda. I found this old article https://www.joomla-tips.org/joomla-trou ... blems.html, and i managed to apply the last "not recommended" solution for Joomla 4. I open this file /libraries/vendor/joomla/database/src/Mysqli/MysqliDriver.php and search for first mention of word "session" (which also says "connection"), and i copy/paste the code from the article below the "session" line. The result looks like this:

Code: Select all

		{
			$this->connection->query('SET @@SESSION.sql_mode = \'' . implode(',', $this->options['sqlModes']) . '\';');
			mysqli_query($this->connection,"SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS = 1;" );
		}
After that, joomla update page will be working again. After you update joomla there will be no "Updated Successfully" screen, because at the end the custom code gets overwritten. So after the update i copy/paste the code again. Since then i updated → 4.1 → 4.1.1 → 4.1.2 → 4.1.3 → 4.1.4 without any problems. Extensions updating fine too.

User avatar
Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master
Posts: 41878
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:58 pm

Re: Opening update page gives MAX_JOIN_SIZE error

Post by Webdongle » Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:08 pm

Please run the fpa. That article you pointed to says "the error message has nothing to do with Joomla itself, it is just a setting on the server wich causing these errors. " Please run the fpa and we can help you with the server settings.

By applying the method that you did might have not updated correctly. Hope you have a backup because there is a possibility that you broke your site.
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets".

holyduck
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:16 am

Re: Opening update page gives MAX_JOIN_SIZE error

Post by holyduck » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:18 pm

Webdongle wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:08 pm
Please run the fpa. That article you pointed to says "the error message has nothing to do with Joomla itself, it is just a setting on the server wich causing these errors. " Please run the fpa and we can help you with the server settings.

By applying the method that you did might have not updated correctly. Hope you have a backup because there is a possibility that you broke your site.
It says "it has nothing to do with Joomla itself" because it is a mysql option which is set by hosting and not in joomla. But the actual problem is that joomla update started to require too much, so that MAX_JOIN_SIZE was exceeded. I know extensions might affect that, but i have a few, and i even tried disabling them and the problem did not go away.

Forum Post Assistant (v1.6.5) : 28-Jun-2022 wrote:
Basic Environment :: wrote:Joomla! Instance :: Joomla! 4.1.4-Stable (Kuamini) 24-May-2022
Joomla! Configured :: Yes | Read-Only (444) |
Configuration Options :: Offline: false | SEF: true | SEF Suffix: false | SEF ReWrite: true | .htaccess/web.config: Yes | GZip: false | Cache: false | CacheTime: 1440 | CacheHandler: file | CachePlatformPrefix: false | FTP Layer: false | Proxy: false | LiveSite: Is Not Empty | Session lifetime: 60 | Session handler: filesystem | Shared sessions: false | SSL: 2 | Error Reporting: none | Site Debug: false | Language Debug: false | Default Access: Public | Unicode Slugs: false | dbConnection Type: mysqli | PHP Supports J! 4.1.4: Yes | Database Supports J! 4.1.4: Yes | Database Credentials Present: Yes |

Host Configuration :: OS: Linux | OS Version: 4.18.0-348.20.1.lve.1.el8.x86_64 | Technology: x86_64 | Web Server: Apache | Encoding: gzip, deflate, br | System TMP Writable: Yes | Free Disk Space : 3087.90 GiB |

PHP Configuration :: Version: 8.0.20 | PHP API: litespeed | Session Path Writable: No | Display Errors: 0 | Error Reporting: | Log Errors To: | Last Known Error: | Register Globals: | Magic Quotes: | Safe Mode: | Allow url fopen: 1 | Open Base: | Uploads: 1 | Max. Upload Size: 50M | Max. POST Size: 50M | Max. Input Time: -1 | Max. Execution Time: 60 | Memory Limit: 128M

Database Configuration :: Version: 10.5.15-MariaDB-cll-lve-log (Client:10.5.15) | Database Size: 11.44 MiB | #of Tables with config prefix:  105 | #of other Tables:  1 | User Privileges : GRANT ALL
Detailed Environment :: wrote:PHP Extensions :: Core (8.0.20) | date (8.0.20) | libxml (8.0.20) | openssl (8.0.20) | pcre (8.0.20) | sqlite3 (8.0.20) | zlib (8.0.20) | bz2 (8.0.20) | calendar (8.0.20) | ctype (8.0.20) | curl (8.0.20) | hash (8.0.20) | filter (8.0.20) | ftp (8.0.20) | gettext (8.0.20) | gmp (8.0.20) | SPL (8.0.20) | iconv (8.0.20) | json (8.0.20) | pcntl (8.0.20) | readline (8.0.20) | Reflection (8.0.20) | session (8.0.20) | standard (8.0.20) | shmop (8.0.20) | SimpleXML (8.0.20) | mbstring (8.0.20) | tokenizer (8.0.20) | xml (8.0.20) | litespeed () | apcu (5.1.19) | bcmath (8.0.20) | dba (8.0.20) | dbase (7.1.0RC2) | dom (20031129) | fileinfo (8.0.20) | gd (8.0.20) | imagick (3.5.1) | imap (8.0.20) | intl (8.0.20) | ldap (8.0.20) | exif (8.0.20) | mcrypt (1.0.4) | mysqli (8.0.20) | mysqlnd (mysqlnd 8.0.20) | PDO (8.0.20) | pdo_mysql (8.0.20) | pdo_pgsql (8.0.20) | pgsql (8.0.20) | Phar (8.0.20) | posix (8.0.20) | pspell (8.0.20) | soap (8.0.20) | sockets (8.0.20) | tidy (8.0.20) | timezonedb (2020.1) | xmlrpc (1.0.0RC2) | xsl (8.0.20) | zip (1.19.5) | Zend OPcache (8.0.20) | Zend Engine (4.0.20) |
Potential Missing Extensions ::

Switch User Environment :: PHP CGI: No | Server SU: No | PHP SU: No | Potential Ownership Issues: No
Folder Permissions :: wrote:Core Folders :: images/ (755) | components/ (755) | modules/ (755) | plugins/ (755) | language/ (755) | templates/ (755) | cache/ (755) | logs/ (755) | tmp/ (755) | administrator/components/ (755) | administrator/modules/ (755) | administrator/language/ (755) | administrator/templates/ (755) | administrator/logs/ (---) |

Elevated Permissions (First 10) ::
Database Information :: wrote:Database statistics :: Uptime: 607693 | Threads: 55 | Questions: 374422870 | Slow queries: 8846 | Opens: 24886 | Open tables: 22633 | Queries per second avg: 616.138 |
Extensions Discovered :: wrote:Components :: Site ::
Core :: com_banners (3.0.0) 1 |
3rd Party:: WF_FILESYSTEM_JOOMLA_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_AGGREGATOR_VIDEO_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_AGGREGATOR_AUDIO_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_AGGREGATOR_DAILYMOTION_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_AGGREGATOR_VIMEO_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_AGGREGATOR_[youtube]_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_LINKS_JOOMLALINKS_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_LINK_SEARCH_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_POPUPS_JCEMEDIABOX_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_ANCHOR_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_AUTOSAVE_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | JCE - Columns (1.0.0) ? | WF_MEDIA_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_PREVIEW_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_TEMPLATEMANAGER_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_BROWSER_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_TEXTPATTERN_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_NONBREAKING_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_STYLE_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_FONTSIZESELECT_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_IMGMANAGER_EXT_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_KITCHENSINK_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_DIRECTIONALITY_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_CLEANUP_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_EMOTIONS_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_HR_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_SEARCHREPLACE_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_CAPTION_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_CHARMAP_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_IFRAME_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_ARTICLE_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_PRINT_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_STYLESELECT_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_FORMATSELECT_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_LISTS_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_SOURCE_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_FONTSELECT_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_TEXTCASE_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_LINK_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_SPELLCHECKER_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_MICRODATA_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_XHTMLXTRAS_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | JCE - Noneditable (1.0.0) ? | WF_IMGMANAGER_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_FONTCOLOR_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_CLIPBOARD_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_FILEMANAGER_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_VISUALBLOCKS_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_MEDIAMANAGER_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_VISUALCHARS_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_HELP_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_CONTEXTMENU_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_FULLSCREEN_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_WORDCOUNT_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_TABLE_TITLE (2.9.24) ? |

Components :: Admin ::
Core :: com_fields (4.0.0) 1 | com_installer (4.0.0) 1 | com_privacy (3.9.0) 1 | com_admin (4.0.0) 1 | com_redirect (4.0.0) 1 | com_media (3.0.0) 1 | com_config (4.0.0) 1 | com_plugins (4.0.0) 1 | com_checkin (4.0.0) 1 | com_templates (4.0.0) 1 | com_wrapper (4.0.0) 1 | com_scheduler (4.1.0) 1 | com_actionlogs (3.9.0) 1 | com_cache (4.0.0) 1 | com_messages (4.0.0) 1 | com_contenthistory (4.0.0) 1 | com_banners (4.0.0) 1 | com_postinstall (4.0.0) 1 | com_joomlaupdate (4.0.3) 1 | com_content (4.0.0) 1 | com_languages (4.0.0) 1 | com_finder (4.0.0) 0 | com_newsfeeds (4.0.0) 1 | com_cpanel (4.0.0) 1 | com_categories (4.0.0) 1 | com_login (4.0.0) 1 | com_associations (4.0.0) 1 | com_menus (4.0.0) 1 | com_tags (4.0.0) 1 | com_users (4.0.0) 1 | com_modules (4.0.0) 1 | com_workflow (4.0.0) 1 | com_ajax (4.0.0) 1 | com_mails (4.0.0) 1 |
3rd Party:: GSD (1.0) 1 | COM_JCE (2.9.24) 1 | com_forseo (2.1.0.1569) 1 | com_route66 (1.9.6) 1 |

Modules :: Site ::
Core :: mod_articles_archive (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_category (3.0.0) 1 | mod_wrapper (3.0.0) 1 | mod_feed (3.0.0) 1 | mod_tags_similar (3.1.0) 1 | mod_random_image (3.0.0) 0 | mod_articles_news (3.0.0) 1 | mod_tags_popular (3.1.0) 1 | mod_related_items (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_categories (3.0.0) 1 | mod_breadcrumbs (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_latest (3.0.0) 1 | mod_whosonline (3.0.0) 0 | mod_articles_popular (3.0.0) 1 | mod_custom (3.0.0) 1 | mod_banners (3.0.0) 1 | mod_languages (3.5.0) 1 | mod_stats (3.0.0) 0 | mod_footer (3.0.0) 1 | mod_syndicate (3.0.0) 1 | mod_menu (3.0.0) 1 | mod_login (3.0.0) 1 | mod_users_latest (3.0.0) 0 | mod_finder (3.0.0) 0 |
3rd Party:: MOD_YOOTHEME_BUILDER (2.7.22) 1 |

Modules :: Admin ::
Core :: mod_user (4.0.0) 1 | mod_stats_admin (3.0.0) 0 | mod_messages (4.0.0) 1 | mod_multilangstatus (3.0.0) 1 | mod_title (3.0.0) 1 | mod_feed (3.0.0) 1 | mod_loginsupport (4.0.0) 1 | mod_sampledata (3.8.0) 0 | mod_submenu (3.0.0) 1 | mod_privacy_status (4.0.0) 1 | mod_post_installation_messages (4.0.0) 1 | mod_latest (3.0.0) 1 | mod_quickicon (3.0.0) 1 | mod_custom (3.0.0) 1 | mod_popular (3.0.0) 1 | mod_menu (3.0.0) 1 | mod_latestactions (3.9.0) 1 | mod_login (3.0.0) 1 | mod_frontend (4.0.0) 1 | mod_version (3.0.0) 1 | mod_privacy_dashboard (3.9.0) 1 | mod_toolbar (3.0.0) 1 | mod_logged (3.0.0) 1 |
3rd Party:: MOD_ROUTE66SEO (1.9.6) 0 |

Libraries ::
Core ::
3rd Party:: file_fof30 (3.7.1) ? | file_fof30 (3.6.2) ? |

Plugins ::
Core :: plg_captcha_recaptcha (3.4.0) 0 | plg_captcha_recaptcha_invisible (3.8) 0 | plg_filesystem_local (4.0.0) 1 | plg_extension_joomla (3.0.0) 1 | plg_extension_finder (4.0.0) 1 | plg_extension_namespacemap (4.0.0) 1 | plg_authentication_ldap (3.0.0) 0 | plg_authentication_joomla (3.0.0) 1 | plg_authentication_cookie (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_languagefilter (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_highlight (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_webauthn (4.0.0) 0 | plg_system_redirect (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_httpheaders (4.0.0) 1 | plg_system_updatenotification (3.5.0) 0 | plg_system_task_notification (4.1) 1 | plg_system_debug (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_logrotation (3.9.0) 1 | plg_system_stats (3.5.0) 0 | plg_system_actionlogs (3.9.0) 0 | plg_system_jooa11y (4.2.0) 1 | plg_system_remember (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_languagecode (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_logout (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_sessiongc (3.8.6) 1 | plg_system_skipto (4.0.0) 1 | plg_system_privacyconsent (3.9.0) 0 | plg_system_schedulerunner (4.1) 1 | plg_system_sef (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_log (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_cache (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_accessibility (4.0.0) 0 | plg_system_fields (3.7.0) 1 | plg_user_token (3.9.0) 1 | plg_user_profile (3.0.0) 0 | plg_user_joomla (3.0.0) 1 | plg_user_contactcreator (3.0.0) 0 | plg_user_terms (3.9.0) 0 | plg_actionlog_joomla (3.9.0) 1 | plg_behaviour_taggable (4.0.0) 1 | plg_behaviour_versionable (4.0.0) 1 | plg_content_joomla (3.0.0) 0 | plg_content_emailcloak (3.0.0) 0 | plg_content_vote (3.0.0) 0 | plg_content_pagenavigation (3.0.0) 0 | plg_content_loadmodule (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_confirmconsent (3.9.0) 0 | plg_content_finder (3.0.0) 0 | plg_content_fields (3.7.0) 1 | plg_content_pagebreak (3.0.0) 1 | plg_twofactorauth_yubikey (3.2.0) 0 | plg_twofactorauth_totp (3.2.0) 1 | plg_webservices_tags (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_media (4.1.0) 1 | plg_webservices_config (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_banners (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_redirect (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_languages (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_plugins (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_messages (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_templates (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_content (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_modules (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_installer (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_privacy (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_menus (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_newsfeeds (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_users (4.0.0) 1 | plg_workflow_publishing (4.0.0) 1 | plg_workflow_notification (4.0.0) 1 | plg_workflow_featuring (4.0.0) 1 | plg_task_site_status (4.1) 1 | plg_task_demo_tasks (4.1) 1 | plg_task_check_files (4.1) 1 | plg_task_requests (4.1) 1 | plg_installer_webinstaller (4.0.0) 1 | plg_installer_packageinstaller (3.6.0) 1 | plg_installer_override (4.0.0) 1 | plg_installer_folderinstaller (3.6.0) 1 | plg_installer_urlinstaller (3.6.0) 1 | plg_sampledata_multilang (4.0.0) 0 | plg_quickicon_overridecheck (4.0.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_extensionupdate (3.0.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_downloadkey (4.0.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_privacycheck (3.9.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_joomlaupdate (3.0.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_phpversioncheck (3.7.0) 1 | plg_privacy_user (3.9.0) 1 | plg_privacy_message (3.9.0) 1 | plg_privacy_content (3.9.0) 1 | plg_privacy_actionlogs (3.9.0) 1 | plg_privacy_consents (3.9.0) 1 | plg_api-authentication_token (4.0.0) 1 | plg_api-authentication_basic (4.0.0) 0 | plg_editors-xtd_module (3.5.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_readmore (3.0.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_article (3.0.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_image (3.0.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_menu (3.7.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_fields (3.7.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_pagebreak (3.0.0) 1 | plg_finder_tags (3.0.0) 0 | plg_finder_content (3.0.0) 0 | plg_finder_categories (3.0.0) 0 | plg_finder_newsfeeds (3.0.0) 0 | plg_finder_contacts (3.0.0) 0 | plg_media-action_crop (4.0.0) 1 | plg_media-action_rotate (4.0.0) 1 | plg_media-action_resize (4.0.0) 1 | plg_fields_media (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_calendar (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_subform (4.0.0) 1 | plg_fields_integer (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_color (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_imagelist (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_user (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_sql (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_checkboxes (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_url (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_list (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_editor (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_radio (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_text (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_textarea (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_usergrouplist (3.7.0) 1 |
3rd Party:: plg_extension_jce (2.9.24) 1 | GK Cache (1.0) ? | plg_system_jce (2.9.24) 1 | System - YOOtheme Framework (2.7.22) 1 | GK Menu Extended Parameters (1.0) ? | plg_system_removegenerator (1.4.0) 1 | System - K2 (2.5.4) ? | plg_system_nrframework (4.9.44) 1 | plg_system_route66 (1.9.6) 1 | PLG_RFE_FORM (1.2.4) 1 | PLG_RADICALFORM (3.0.4) 1 | plg_system_route66pagespeed (1.9.6) 0 | PLG_SYSTEM_FORSEO (2.1.0.1569) 1 | plg_system_gsd (5.1.2) 1 | plg_editors_tinymce (5.10.3) 1 | plg_editors_jce (2.9.24) 1 | plg_editors_codemirror (5.65.2) 1 | User - K2 (2.5.4) ? | plg_content_jce (2.9.24) 1 | plg_content_route66seo (1.9.6) 0 | plg_content_route66metadata (1.9.6) 0 | plg_installer_jce (2.9.24) 1 | Installer - YOOtheme (1.0.5) 1 | PLG_INSTALLER_FORSEO (2.1.0.1569) 1 | Search - K2 (2.5.4) ? | plg_quickicon_jce (2.9.24) 1 | plg_route66_tags (1.9.6) 0 | plg_route66_content (1.9.6) 1 | plg_route66_menus (1.9.6) 1 | Button - GK Typography (1.0.1) ? | PLG_GSD_DJEVENTS (1.0) 0 | PLG_GSD_J2STORE (1.0) 0 | PLG_GSD_DJCATALOG2 (1.0) 0 | PLG_GSD_EVENTBOOKING (1.0) 0 | PLG_GSD_GRIDBOX (1.0) 0 | PLG_GSD_K2 (1.0) 0 | PLG_GSD_QUIX (1.0) 0 | PLG_GSD_CONTENT (1.0) 0 | PLG_GSD_SPPAGEBUILDER (1.0) 0 | PLG_GSD_VIRTUEMART (1.0) 0 | PLG_GSD_JBUSINESSDIRECTORY (1.0) 0 | PLG_GSD_ESHOP (1.0) 0 | PLG_GSD_DJCLASSIFIEDS (1.0) 0 | PLG_GSD_SOBIPRO (1.0) 0 | PLG_GSD_ZOO (1.0) 0 | PLG_GSD_RSBLOG (1.0) 0 | PLG_GSD_MENUS (1.0) 1 | PLG_GSD_HIKASHOP (1.0) 0 | PLG_GSD_JCALPRO (1.0) 0 | PLG_GSD_JSHOPPING (1.0) 0 | PLG_GSD_EASYBLOG (1.0) 0 | plg_fields_mediajce (2.9.24) 1 | Fields - YOOtheme Location (2.7.22) 1 |
Templates Discovered :: wrote:Templates :: Site :: yootheme (2.7.22) 1 | cassiopeia (1.0) 1 |
Templates :: Admin :: atum (1.0) 1 |
Btw, don't know why it shows some "gavick" extensions (GK Cache, GK Menu Extended Parameters, Button - GK Typography). I can't see them in joomla and can't find them in database.

gws
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso
Posts: 4786
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:56 pm
Location: South coast, UK
Contact:

Re: Opening update page gives MAX_JOIN_SIZE error

Post by gws » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:26 pm

Session Path Writable: No should be yes,ask your host to fix it.
LiveSite: Is Not Empty ,it should be,empty it in your global config file.

User avatar
Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master
Posts: 29265
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: Romerike, Norway

Re: Opening update page gives MAX_JOIN_SIZE error

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:30 pm

Session handler: filesystem
Sessions are not stored in the database.
Session Path Writable: No
However you don't have write permission to store the session in files. Contact your host.

holyduck
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:16 am

Re: Opening update page gives MAX_JOIN_SIZE error

Post by holyduck » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:09 pm

gws wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:26 pm
Session Path Writable: No should be yes,ask your host to fix it.
LiveSite: Is Not Empty ,it should be,empty it in your global config file.
Per Yngve Berg wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:30 pm
Session handler: filesystem
Sessions are not stored in the database.
Session Path Writable: No
However you don't have write permission to store the session in files. Contact your host.
Thanks. Is it ok to have "upload_tmp_dir" and "session.save_path" directed to same folder? I have a tmp folder (with custom name) in joomla root folder.

holyduck
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:16 am

Re: Opening update page gives MAX_JOIN_SIZE error

Post by holyduck » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:18 pm

Forum Post Assistant (v1.6.5) : 28-Jun-2022 wrote:
Basic Environment :: wrote:Joomla! Instance :: Joomla! 4.1.5-Stable (Kuamini) 21-June-2022
Joomla! Configured :: Yes | Read-Only (444) |
Configuration Options :: Offline: false | SEF: true | SEF Suffix: false | SEF ReWrite: true | .htaccess/web.config: Yes | GZip: false | Cache: false | CacheTime: 1440 | CacheHandler: file | CachePlatformPrefix: false | FTP Layer: false | Proxy: false | LiveSite: | Session lifetime: 60 | Session handler: filesystem | Shared sessions: false | SSL: 2 | Error Reporting: none | Site Debug: false | Language Debug: false | Default Access: Public | Unicode Slugs: false | dbConnection Type: mysqli | PHP Supports J! 4.1.5: Yes | Database Supports J! 4.1.5: Yes | Database Credentials Present: Yes |

Host Configuration :: OS: Linux | OS Version: 4.18.0-348.20.1.lve.1.el8.x86_64 | Technology: x86_64 | Web Server: Apache | Encoding: gzip, deflate, br | System TMP Writable: Yes | Free Disk Space : 3087.86 GiB |

PHP Configuration :: Version: 8.0.20 | PHP API: litespeed | Session Path Writable: Yes | Display Errors: 0 | Error Reporting: | Log Errors To: | Last Known Error: | Register Globals: | Magic Quotes: | Safe Mode: | Allow url fopen: 1 | Open Base: | Uploads: 1 | Max. Upload Size: 50M | Max. POST Size: 50M | Max. Input Time: -1 | Max. Execution Time: 60 | Memory Limit: 128M

Database Configuration :: Version: 10.5.15-MariaDB-cll-lve-log (Client:10.5.15) | Database Size: 11.44 MiB | #of Tables with config prefix:  105 | #of other Tables:  1 | User Privileges : GRANT ALL
Detailed Environment :: wrote:PHP Extensions :: Core (8.0.20) | date (8.0.20) | libxml (8.0.20) | openssl (8.0.20) | pcre (8.0.20) | sqlite3 (8.0.20) | zlib (8.0.20) | bz2 (8.0.20) | calendar (8.0.20) | ctype (8.0.20) | curl (8.0.20) | hash (8.0.20) | filter (8.0.20) | ftp (8.0.20) | gettext (8.0.20) | gmp (8.0.20) | SPL (8.0.20) | iconv (8.0.20) | json (8.0.20) | pcntl (8.0.20) | readline (8.0.20) | Reflection (8.0.20) | session (8.0.20) | standard (8.0.20) | shmop (8.0.20) | SimpleXML (8.0.20) | mbstring (8.0.20) | tokenizer (8.0.20) | xml (8.0.20) | litespeed () | apcu (5.1.19) | bcmath (8.0.20) | dba (8.0.20) | dbase (7.1.0RC2) | dom (20031129) | fileinfo (8.0.20) | gd (8.0.20) | imagick (3.5.1) | imap (8.0.20) | intl (8.0.20) | ldap (8.0.20) | exif (8.0.20) | mcrypt (1.0.4) | mysqli (8.0.20) | mysqlnd (mysqlnd 8.0.20) | PDO (8.0.20) | pdo_mysql (8.0.20) | pdo_pgsql (8.0.20) | pgsql (8.0.20) | Phar (8.0.20) | posix (8.0.20) | pspell (8.0.20) | soap (8.0.20) | sockets (8.0.20) | tidy (8.0.20) | timezonedb (2020.1) | xmlrpc (1.0.0RC2) | xsl (8.0.20) | zip (1.19.5) | Zend OPcache (8.0.20) | Zend Engine (4.0.20) |
Potential Missing Extensions ::

Switch User Environment :: PHP CGI: No | Server SU: No | PHP SU: No | Potential Ownership Issues: No
Folder Permissions :: wrote:Core Folders :: images/ (755) | components/ (755) | modules/ (755) | plugins/ (755) | language/ (755) | templates/ (755) | cache/ (755) | logs/ (755) | tmp/ (755) | administrator/components/ (755) | administrator/modules/ (755) | administrator/language/ (755) | administrator/templates/ (755) | administrator/logs/ (---) |

Elevated Permissions (First 10) ::
Database Information :: wrote:Database statistics :: Uptime: 612324 | Threads: 55 | Questions: 377421136 | Slow queries: 8966 | Opens: 24900 | Open tables: 22636 | Queries per second avg: 616.374 |
Extensions Discovered :: wrote:Components :: Site ::
Core :: com_banners (3.0.0) 1 |
3rd Party:: WF_FILESYSTEM_JOOMLA_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_AGGREGATOR_VIDEO_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_AGGREGATOR_AUDIO_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_AGGREGATOR_DAILYMOTION_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_AGGREGATOR_VIMEO_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_AGGREGATOR_[youtube]_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_LINKS_JOOMLALINKS_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_LINK_SEARCH_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_POPUPS_JCEMEDIABOX_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_ANCHOR_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_AUTOSAVE_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | JCE - Columns (1.0.0) ? | WF_MEDIA_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_PREVIEW_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_TEMPLATEMANAGER_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_BROWSER_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_TEXTPATTERN_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_NONBREAKING_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_STYLE_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_FONTSIZESELECT_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_IMGMANAGER_EXT_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_KITCHENSINK_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_DIRECTIONALITY_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_CLEANUP_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_EMOTIONS_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_HR_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_SEARCHREPLACE_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_CAPTION_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_CHARMAP_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_IFRAME_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_ARTICLE_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_PRINT_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_STYLESELECT_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_FORMATSELECT_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_LISTS_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_SOURCE_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_FONTSELECT_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_TEXTCASE_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_LINK_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_SPELLCHECKER_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_MICRODATA_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_XHTMLXTRAS_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | JCE - Noneditable (1.0.0) ? | WF_IMGMANAGER_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_FONTCOLOR_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_CLIPBOARD_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_FILEMANAGER_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_VISUALBLOCKS_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_MEDIAMANAGER_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_VISUALCHARS_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_HELP_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_CONTEXTMENU_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_FULLSCREEN_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_WORDCOUNT_TITLE (2.9.24) ? | WF_TABLE_TITLE (2.9.24) ? |

Components :: Admin ::
Core :: com_fields (4.0.0) 1 | com_installer (4.0.0) 1 | com_privacy (3.9.0) 1 | com_admin (4.0.0) 1 | com_redirect (4.0.0) 1 | com_media (3.0.0) 1 | com_config (4.0.0) 1 | com_plugins (4.0.0) 1 | com_checkin (4.0.0) 1 | com_templates (4.0.0) 1 | com_wrapper (4.0.0) 1 | com_scheduler (4.1.0) 1 | com_actionlogs (3.9.0) 1 | com_cache (4.0.0) 1 | com_messages (4.0.0) 1 | com_contenthistory (4.0.0) 1 | com_banners (4.0.0) 1 | com_postinstall (4.0.0) 1 | com_joomlaupdate (4.0.3) 1 | com_content (4.0.0) 1 | com_languages (4.0.0) 1 | com_finder (4.0.0) 0 | com_newsfeeds (4.0.0) 1 | com_cpanel (4.0.0) 1 | com_categories (4.0.0) 1 | com_login (4.0.0) 1 | com_associations (4.0.0) 1 | com_menus (4.0.0) 1 | com_tags (4.0.0) 1 | com_users (4.0.0) 1 | com_modules (4.0.0) 1 | com_workflow (4.0.0) 1 | com_ajax (4.0.0) 1 | com_mails (4.0.0) 1 |
3rd Party:: GSD (1.0) 1 | COM_JCE (2.9.24) 1 | com_forseo (2.1.0.1569) 1 | com_route66 (1.9.6) 1 |

Modules :: Site ::
Core :: mod_articles_archive (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_category (3.0.0) 1 | mod_wrapper (3.0.0) 1 | mod_feed (3.0.0) 1 | mod_tags_similar (3.1.0) 1 | mod_random_image (3.0.0) 0 | mod_articles_news (3.0.0) 1 | mod_tags_popular (3.1.0) 1 | mod_related_items (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_categories (3.0.0) 1 | mod_breadcrumbs (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_latest (3.0.0) 1 | mod_whosonline (3.0.0) 0 | mod_articles_popular (3.0.0) 1 | mod_custom (3.0.0) 1 | mod_banners (3.0.0) 1 | mod_languages (3.5.0) 1 | mod_stats (3.0.0) 0 | mod_footer (3.0.0) 1 | mod_syndicate (3.0.0) 1 | mod_menu (3.0.0) 1 | mod_login (3.0.0) 1 | mod_users_latest (3.0.0) 0 | mod_finder (3.0.0) 0 |
3rd Party:: MOD_YOOTHEME_BUILDER (2.7.22) 1 |

Modules :: Admin ::
Core :: mod_user (4.0.0) 1 | mod_stats_admin (3.0.0) 0 | mod_messages (4.0.0) 1 | mod_multilangstatus (3.0.0) 1 | mod_title (3.0.0) 1 | mod_feed (3.0.0) 1 | mod_loginsupport (4.0.0) 1 | mod_sampledata (3.8.0) 0 | mod_submenu (3.0.0) 1 | mod_privacy_status (4.0.0) 1 | mod_post_installation_messages (4.0.0) 1 | mod_latest (3.0.0) 1 | mod_quickicon (3.0.0) 1 | mod_custom (3.0.0) 1 | mod_popular (3.0.0) 1 | mod_menu (3.0.0) 1 | mod_latestactions (3.9.0) 1 | mod_login (3.0.0) 1 | mod_frontend (4.0.0) 1 | mod_version (3.0.0) 1 | mod_privacy_dashboard (3.9.0) 1 | mod_toolbar (3.0.0) 1 | mod_logged (3.0.0) 1 |
3rd Party:: MOD_ROUTE66SEO (1.9.6) 0 |

Libraries ::
Core ::
3rd Party:: file_fof30 (3.7.1) ? | file_fof30 (3.6.2) ? |

Plugins ::
Core :: plg_captcha_recaptcha (3.4.0) 0 | plg_captcha_recaptcha_invisible (3.8) 0 | plg_filesystem_local (4.0.0) 1 | plg_extension_joomla (3.0.0) 1 | plg_extension_finder (4.0.0) 1 | plg_extension_namespacemap (4.0.0) 1 | plg_authentication_ldap (3.0.0) 0 | plg_authentication_joomla (3.0.0) 1 | plg_authentication_cookie (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_languagefilter (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_highlight (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_webauthn (4.0.0) 0 | plg_system_redirect (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_httpheaders (4.0.0) 1 | plg_system_updatenotification (3.5.0) 0 | plg_system_task_notification (4.1) 1 | plg_system_debug (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_logrotation (3.9.0) 1 | plg_system_stats (3.5.0) 0 | plg_system_actionlogs (3.9.0) 0 | plg_system_jooa11y (4.2.0) 1 | plg_system_remember (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_languagecode (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_logout (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_sessiongc (3.8.6) 1 | plg_system_skipto (4.0.0) 1 | plg_system_privacyconsent (3.9.0) 0 | plg_system_schedulerunner (4.1) 1 | plg_system_sef (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_log (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_cache (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_accessibility (4.0.0) 0 | plg_system_fields (3.7.0) 1 | plg_user_token (3.9.0) 1 | plg_user_profile (3.0.0) 0 | plg_user_joomla (3.0.0) 1 | plg_user_contactcreator (3.0.0) 0 | plg_user_terms (3.9.0) 0 | plg_actionlog_joomla (3.9.0) 1 | plg_behaviour_taggable (4.0.0) 1 | plg_behaviour_versionable (4.0.0) 1 | plg_content_joomla (3.0.0) 0 | plg_content_emailcloak (3.0.0) 0 | plg_content_vote (3.0.0) 0 | plg_content_pagenavigation (3.0.0) 0 | plg_content_loadmodule (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_confirmconsent (3.9.0) 0 | plg_content_finder (3.0.0) 0 | plg_content_fields (3.7.0) 1 | plg_content_pagebreak (3.0.0) 1 | plg_twofactorauth_yubikey (3.2.0) 0 | plg_twofactorauth_totp (3.2.0) 1 | plg_webservices_tags (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_media (4.1.0) 1 | plg_webservices_config (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_banners (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_redirect (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_languages (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_plugins (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_messages (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_templates (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_content (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_modules (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_installer (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_privacy (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_menus (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_newsfeeds (4.0.0) 1 | plg_webservices_users (4.0.0) 1 | plg_workflow_publishing (4.0.0) 1 | plg_workflow_notification (4.0.0) 1 | plg_workflow_featuring (4.0.0) 1 | plg_task_site_status (4.1) 1 | plg_task_demo_tasks (4.1) 1 | plg_task_check_files (4.1) 1 | plg_task_requests (4.1) 1 | plg_installer_webinstaller (4.0.0) 1 | plg_installer_packageinstaller (3.6.0) 1 | plg_installer_override (4.0.0) 1 | plg_installer_folderinstaller (3.6.0) 1 | plg_installer_urlinstaller (3.6.0) 1 | plg_sampledata_multilang (4.0.0) 0 | plg_quickicon_overridecheck (4.0.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_extensionupdate (3.0.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_downloadkey (4.0.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_privacycheck (3.9.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_joomlaupdate (3.0.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_phpversioncheck (3.7.0) 1 | plg_privacy_user (3.9.0) 1 | plg_privacy_message (3.9.0) 1 | plg_privacy_content (3.9.0) 1 | plg_privacy_actionlogs (3.9.0) 1 | plg_privacy_consents (3.9.0) 1 | plg_api-authentication_token (4.0.0) 1 | plg_api-authentication_basic (4.0.0) 0 | plg_editors-xtd_module (3.5.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_readmore (3.0.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_article (3.0.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_image (3.0.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_menu (3.7.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_fields (3.7.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_pagebreak (3.0.0) 1 | plg_finder_tags (3.0.0) 0 | plg_finder_content (3.0.0) 0 | plg_finder_categories (3.0.0) 0 | plg_finder_newsfeeds (3.0.0) 0 | plg_finder_contacts (3.0.0) 0 | plg_media-action_crop (4.0.0) 1 | plg_media-action_rotate (4.0.0) 1 | plg_media-action_resize (4.0.0) 1 | plg_fields_media (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_calendar (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_subform (4.0.0) 1 | plg_fields_integer (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_color (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_imagelist (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_user (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_sql (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_checkboxes (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_url (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_list (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_editor (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_radio (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_text (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_textarea (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_usergrouplist (3.7.0) 1 |
3rd Party:: plg_extension_jce (2.9.24) 1 | GK Cache (1.0) ? | plg_system_jce (2.9.24) 1 | System - YOOtheme Framework (2.7.22) 1 | GK Menu Extended Parameters (1.0) ? | plg_system_removegenerator (1.4.0) 1 | System - K2 (2.5.4) ? | plg_system_nrframework (4.9.44) 1 | plg_system_route66 (1.9.6) 1 | PLG_RFE_FORM (1.2.4) 1 | PLG_RADICALFORM (3.0.4) 1 | plg_system_route66pagespeed (1.9.6) 0 | PLG_SYSTEM_FORSEO (2.1.0.1569) 1 | plg_system_gsd (5.1.2) 1 | plg_editors_tinymce (5.10.3) 1 | plg_editors_jce (2.9.24) 1 | plg_editors_codemirror (5.65.2) 1 | User - K2 (2.5.4) ? | plg_content_jce (2.9.24) 1 | plg_content_route66seo (1.9.6) 0 | plg_content_route66metadata (1.9.6) 0 | plg_installer_jce (2.9.24) 1 | Installer - YOOtheme (1.0.5) 1 | PLG_INSTALLER_FORSEO (2.1.0.1569) 1 | Search - K2 (2.5.4) ? | plg_quickicon_jce (2.9.24) 1 | plg_route66_tags (1.9.6) 0 | plg_route66_content (1.9.6) 1 | plg_route66_menus (1.9.6) 1 | Button - GK Typography (1.0.1) ? | PLG_GSD_DJEVENTS (1.0) 0 | PLG_GSD_J2STORE (1.0) 0 | PLG_GSD_DJCATALOG2 (1.0) 0 | PLG_GSD_EVENTBOOKING (1.0) 0 | PLG_GSD_GRIDBOX (1.0) 0 | PLG_GSD_K2 (1.0) 0 | PLG_GSD_QUIX (1.0) 0 | PLG_GSD_CONTENT (1.0) 0 | PLG_GSD_SPPAGEBUILDER (1.0) 0 | PLG_GSD_VIRTUEMART (1.0) 0 | PLG_GSD_JBUSINESSDIRECTORY (1.0) 0 | PLG_GSD_ESHOP (1.0) 0 | PLG_GSD_DJCLASSIFIEDS (1.0) 0 | PLG_GSD_SOBIPRO (1.0) 0 | PLG_GSD_ZOO (1.0) 0 | PLG_GSD_RSBLOG (1.0) 0 | PLG_GSD_MENUS (1.0) 1 | PLG_GSD_HIKASHOP (1.0) 0 | PLG_GSD_JCALPRO (1.0) 0 | PLG_GSD_JSHOPPING (1.0) 0 | PLG_GSD_EASYBLOG (1.0) 0 | plg_fields_mediajce (2.9.24) 1 | Fields - YOOtheme Location (2.7.22) 1 |
Templates Discovered :: wrote:Templates :: Site :: yootheme (2.7.22) 1 | cassiopeia (1.0) 1 |
Templates :: Admin :: atum (1.0) 1 |

holyduck
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:16 am

Re: Opening update page gives MAX_JOIN_SIZE error

Post by holyduck » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:31 pm

Webdongle wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:08 pm
Just ran the 4.1.4 → 4.1.5 update (with the mentioned SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS = 1 custom code). It does show 100% done, with green background color. But after that it automatically opens joomla update page, and it still shows:

Code: Select all

An error has occurred.
1104
The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay
So i am pretty sure it updates successfully. But the problem with MAX_JOIN_SIZE is still there.

User avatar
Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master
Posts: 41878
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:58 pm

Re: Opening update page gives MAX_JOIN_SIZE error

Post by Webdongle » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:48 pm

holyduck wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:31 pm
...An error has occurred.
1104
The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay[/code]
So i am pretty sure it updates successfully. But the problem with MAX_JOIN_SIZE is still there.
It appears your Host has restrictions. Consider a better Host? Or perhaps install Wamp on your PC (Mamp on a mac) and Use Akeeba to make a backup. Then transfer the backup to localhost.
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets".


Post Reply

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 4.x”