Breezing Forms Pro for Joomla 4

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 4.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
enrikom
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Breezing Forms Pro for Joomla 4

Post by enrikom » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:51 am

hi,

i have purchase a breezing form extension for my joomla 4.
i see they have a good reputation at joomla extension page.

and as they said that is was fo joomla 4.
and after paying U$ 39 it doesnt work,
and it seems that crosstec is like a scam company, they dont have [youtube] channel, no live support/customer support, i emailed them no response, they only have forum and a small group of people that answering your question.

so i posted my problem there

me:
hi.
is not working, any clue?
i have install it, input my key, and i cant create anything.

and where is the customer support? i mean live chat?
please..

and they answer :
Hi,

j4 is here some time, and we need to adjust our products to this, we are working on this, and soon this will be fixed.

You will be notified here.

In the meantime you can use the latest version of joola 3,and breezingforms for joomla 3.

Thanks for understanding

Regards,
Tihana

me :
OMG!!
why did you put that title Joomla 4 and its not even working??
and thank you im not going to step down to J3,
SO... none was working with J4?
you really got me this time

WHATTTT??? i just can believe this!!!!

how can joomla didnt notice this?
its fetured on joomla extension, if you searching a form and it there with J4 icons and 5 stars with 908 review.

i just tought that it was filtered by joomla that its been approved for J4.

and now please help me how can i refund this?

and for joomla please if its paid extension at least we have a trial before buying things, for protection.

thanks guy.
best regards
Last edited by toivo on Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: typos in subject

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: breezing form pro fo joomla 4

Post by toivo » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:52 am

Welcome to the Joomla forum!

More information is required. Please post the results from the Forum Post Assistant (FPA) by following the instructions at https://forumpostassistant.github.io/docs so that our volunteer experts can review the configuration.

Did you fist try the free version, BreezingForms Lite? The installation goes all right in Joomla 4.0.4 and PHP 8 but when one tries to configure this extension, it displays an error:
0 Call to undefined function get_magic_quotes_gpc()
Was that the same error you received in the Pro version? Use the cPanel from your host and select PHP 7.4 instead of PHP 8 and the above error disappears. The reason is that the function get_magic_quotes_gpc() was deprecated in PHP 7.4.0 and removed in PHP 8.0.0. Ref. https://www.php.net/manual/en/function. ... es-gpc.php

Crosstec have been very good in the past but now it looks like they still have some work to do in their J4 version.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

enrikom
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by enrikom » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:09 am

hi,
thanks for reply

i did try the free version, its not working too, im not recieving any error its just not doing anything, click on every item nothing happened.
i will try FPA, thanks for suggestion.

yes they working out for J4, but DONT advertised as it works flawless in J4, there are many top extension out there but they dont tell us its for J4 and later on youd say 'ooh we are very sorry, but we work on it'
cos i seen their other post they working on google integration for a month and still it wasnt solved now.

and im not going to debug some code here, if i paid i want something.
iv purchased joomshaper and its very professional, they have live chat, in 2 minutes some will reply, 15 days money back guarantee, it works smoothly, and its beyond my expectation, thats the way it should be.

this crosstec, deleted my post about not satisfied and want a refund. and they contacted me via email.
something fishy here, no live chat, awful CS, my messages never replied till now, no moneybak guarantee, cant post negative comments, whats ging on here? and why email? just tell me via forum so everyone can see, its not the way you run your company, and joomla should have a system to detect some company like this.
please you have to have moneyback guarantee for every paid things..

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:54 am

Had you given more information about the issue, like copied and pasted the error message or attached a screenshot, together with the FPA results, a volunteer here in the Joomla support forum would have been able to put you on the right track straightaway.

This 4.x Extensions sub forum is not the right place to try to settle commercial disputes or request refunds. Once an extension has been marked as Joomla 4 compatible, it will stay so, unless it is reported in the JED.

A moderator may still decide to remove this whole topic, because it has become a 'wall of shame' thread, which is against the forum rules.

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by gws » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:21 am

I couldn't get breezing forms pro to work on J4 either. RS forms don't function correctly either. I think they need more time to get them J4 ready.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:32 pm

I have just reported Breezing Forms Pro under Joomla 4 to the JED team.

enrikom
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by enrikom » Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:03 am

hi,

im really sorry, i got some other works to do.

here is my screen looks like
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lyhk2lg05vd7a ... o.wmv?dl=0

im here to get help, i dont know where else to go.

here is my situation:
i need a form, i purchased one, its not working, i want refund to get another form, thats it!!
i contacted them, no reply.
they emailed me, i reply, i gave them time, no reply..!!!

hereis my email
hi,

ok you working on it,
for how long? im on a schedule here.
lets be fair here, give me a date, I give you 10 days, or my money back, cos i want to buy another form builder
please you have a such a good reputation in joomla, dont act like this

please

On Thursday, October 28, 2021, 10:49:58 PM GMT+8, Tihana Krivić <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi,

currently I am working on it, but in same time I am working on another project except crosstec.

I have to solve few things yet, and then I will send it to you.

This will be fixed asap, but please be patient because now we had few public holiday, and then I will continue 🙂

Regards,
Tihana
Šalje: Enriko Mulawarman <[email protected]>
Poslano: 28. listopada 2021. 16:25
Prima: Tihana Krivić <[email protected]>
Predmet: hi tihana its me enriko form crosstec forum

hi,

i believe your suggestion on using joomla 3 wasnt a solution for me.
still waiting for another solution ASAP

thanks
sir with all respect
im not here to put crosstec on wall of shame, i praised some of joomla developer, they did their job excellent, im not the one who advertised my paid extension is "for joomla 4"
im here with all positive thinking on all JOOMLA developer, and after i bought and this is IT?

so, i came here to share my case, so no other me will face the same situation in future of JOOMLA.

if thats is my fault im sorry, ive been polite and patience in my reply in email, but im not get any reply.

so here i am makes some noises. im really sorry.

Best regards..

enrikom
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by enrikom » Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:31 am

Update..

now they replying, and im glad, even its not fixed yet but at least i got some news.
i know things are new and its not ready, but at least dont run away

enrikom
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by enrikom » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:40 am

update

still no solution, while we are building with another path,
is this what they called a service? premium service?

we are on a schedule while they on a "public" holiday

Castorio
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Castorio » Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:05 pm

Now it is 2022 and still no solution on the way. It happens I got the exactly same path like enrikom.
Renewed my subscription due to the advertised J4 compatibility. And then waiting. And more waiting. Crosstec is still selling subscriptions for the extension, while they are clearly not working. Since 4 month the only answer in the support forum is "we are in final testing, for now stick with J3". And there a lot of rather patient users just asking for a date or roadmap.

- no answer to e-mails
- ticket system offline (go to the support forum instead, it says)
- posts in the support forum about "please refund my purchase due to lack of advertised functionality" gets deleted

Was a user for 9 years but currently Crosstec is definitely not worth a recommendation anymore.

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by gws » Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:23 pm

@castorio please report it on the JED. https://extensions.joomla.org/extension ... forms-pro/

b4pjoe
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by b4pjoe » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:32 pm

Same issue here. I posted about it on their forum and was told it is now vacation time and they will look into when they return. I replied asking for when that might be and the post was deleted.

ukphotoguy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ukphotoguy » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:22 pm

As of 1/26/2022 the same issues remain, does not look like it is ever going to get fixed anytime soon. I don't see any notice on the Joomla extensions guide, they are still giving it a good review.
I have been using Breezing Forms for my whole time with Joomla and moved from Joomla 1.5 all the way up to today. But now I am blocked updating several sites until this is fixed or I find a replacement.
In my view this is an important extension for Joomla and its loss to the community will inevitable weaken Joomla as a viable platform. Is there any way the inner-circle of Joomla try to find out what the problem is and offer help. I know the developer is proud person but there comes a time when action is needed for the greater good of the community.

sozzled
I've been banned!

Re: Breezing Forma Pro for J! 4

Post by sozzled » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:55 pm

ukphotoguy wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:22 pm
... the same issues remain, does not look like it is ever going to get fixed anytime soon. I don't see any notice on the Joomla extensions guide, they are still giving it a good review.
The maintainers of the JED are not responsible for whether an extension is value for money—or even works. But, having written that, if people submit their reviews to the JED that basically say "this extension does not deliver what it promises (i.e. it does not work with J! 4), then it's a case of caveat emptor, isn't it?

ukphotoguy wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:22 pm
In my view this is an important extension for Joomla and its loss to the community will inevitable weaken Joomla as a viable platform. Is there any way the inner-circle of Joomla try to find out what the problem is and offer help.
There has been a gradual erosion in the total number of products listed on the JED over the past twelve months; the loss of some two hundred products. One has to remember that the J! CMS developers do not always have much in common with third-party extension developers. The CMS is not dependent—or, perhaps I should say, it's not entirely dependent—on the work of third-party developers; the converse, however, is different: third-party developers are completely dependent on the work of the J! CMS development team. So, there may be reasons why a third-party product such as the one mentioned in this discussion topic may not be compatible with J! 4 at this (or any future) time.

I don't know of many third-party forms products that are compatible with J! 4; these things are not in my area of expertise or interest. There are undoubtedly many forms products that work with J!: they may just not work with J! 4; that's a different matter entirely.

J! 4 may or may not be a good choice for people who want to build a website. Again, that's an entirely different conversation. Just because J! 4.0 was released a few months ago doesn't mean that there are viable longer term solutions. J! 3.x will continue to work (long after its "sunset clause" of 22 August 2022); it just won't continue to receive updates, that's all. J! 4.1 is expected to be released in a few weeks—perhaps—and that will change the game again. The J! Bug Squad are even talking about J! 4.2. These activities do not demand that people migrate to the latest version—whatever that may be—of J!: people are free to choose and use whatever they wish to use.

ukphotoguy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ukphotoguy » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:54 pm

Wow, I sort of expected push back at helping out, but as I read your post, you don't seem to have much confidence in Joomla 4 because you are the first in the community to suggest staying with Joomla 3. Perhaps I should consider moving away altogether, as a web developer I have invested a lot into Joomla in the belief it gave me an edge over the Wordpress option. But as you said so clearly, we have a choice.
Remember as you suggest staying with Joomla 3, many of my clients see the message that J4 is available and ask about upgrading, should I devalue the name of Joomla by saying their own support staff suggest keeping it well beyond its sunset with no updates or security patches? I think J4 will only be as good as its third party extensions and it seems to me if that can be advanced its a better investment than making the whole community jump through another hoop by going to 4.2.
I remember back to a time when extensions were removed from the Joomla site for not meeting their upgrade to the latest version or performance standards, sounds like you are saying its up to users now to keep voting them down. Even a simple e-mail to the developer suggesting removal without fixing J4 might help, suggesting I have choices does little but suggest you dont care.

b4pjoe
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by b4pjoe » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:13 pm

The issue with the JED is that they are claiming it is Joomla 4 compatible when it is not. They are also selling the Pro version to people and claiming that it is Joomla 4 compatible. Again it is not. That is a blatant lie and they are ripping people off that are buying it strictly because their page on the JED says it is Joomla 4 compatible. Until they make it Joomla 4 compatible the wording that says it is Joomla 4 compatible should be removed from their JED page.
Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 5.11.42 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sozzled
I've been banned!

Re: Breezing Forma Pro for J! 4

Post by sozzled » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:54 am

b4pjoe wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:13 pm
The issue with the JED is that they are claiming it is Joomla 4 compatible when it is not.
There are many things listed on the JED that the authors of products listed there claim to be compatible with J! 4. If people disbelieve these claims they're entitled to report those things to the JED team. That's not my responsibility; that's the responsibility of people who consume such things. This forum is not the place to argue whether extensions do as they are claimed to do. Products listed on the JED are subject to the terms of service available here: https://extensions.joomla.org/community ... f-service/
Last edited by sozzled on Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

sozzled
I've been banned!

Re: Confidence in J! 4 and, more broadly, the JED

Post by sozzled » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:09 am

ukphotoguy wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:54 pm
... you don't seem to have much confidence in Joomla 4 because you are the first in the community to suggest staying with Joomla 3.
I didn't say that I don't have much confidence in J! 4—nor am I "the first in the community to suggest staying with J! 3. As far as my confidence in J! 4 is concerned, that's an entirely different conversation that I'm happy to be involved with offline from the forum. As far as suggesting remaining with J! 3 is concerned, I am definitely not "the first" to have made that suggestion here, on this forum, or elsewhere.

J! 4's success (or otherwise) has nothing to do with what I or other commentators feel: J! 4's success is determined solely on market take-up. At the moment, J! 4 accounts for about 3% of all existing J!-based websites on the internet (see viewtopic.php?f=48&t=987283#p3648957 for the source of that information).

What is listed, and how listed products on the JED may be removed, is not determined by "voting down"—no such mechanism exists; products are listed (and de-listed) because the JED team who manage the directory decide whether products meet the minimum basic requirements as set out in the terms of service; in particular, products must satisfy the JED Checker diagnostic tool. Apart from that, people are free to express their opinions about products listed on the JED and, by using the "review" mechanism, offer feedback for the benefit of potential consumers. While the review system is flawed and, obviously, subject to an immense range of subjectivity, ultimately the decision to obtain a product is purely caveat emptor and the JED team play no role in arbitrating consumer-related conflicts.

In conclusion, Joomla and third-party extensions are purely areas where people will have different views, different experiences and differing opinions. It's not my task to advocated for or against one view or another. I'm simply stating my own opinions, based on my own experiences, and that's all that I can say.

ukphotoguy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ukphotoguy » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:45 pm

Sozzled, you seem to me to add nothing of substance to this topic, I feel you are wasting my time with fluff.

b4pjoe
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by b4pjoe » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:53 pm

ukphotoguy wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:45 pm
Sozzled, you seem to me to add nothing of substance to this topic, I feel you are wasting my time with fluff.
I think it is time to move on from this extension. Their developers obviously do not know how to make it Joomla 4 compatible. Just keep getting excuses in why they haven't done it yet.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:59 am

JED is now showing both Breezing Forms versions, Lite and Pro, marked as compatible with J3 only:

BreezingForms.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TGW-DE
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Breezing Forms Pro for Joomla 4

Post by TGW-DE » Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:06 pm

Just for information, so that no more fall for it:
I am also a victim of Crosstec.

No template runs under Joomla 4 or under PHP8. and 7.4 is discontinued. Even I as a member, who has a lifetime license, will not be served. Always only come put offs, that one reports back. Nothing comes, not even on demand.
I also have several Breezingforms forms and now a very big problem.
It is just brazen, years after the release of Joomla 4 to still put off the people that you still have to develop for Joomla 4.
I stand with my back to the wall and have already shopped elsewhere templates, unfortunately there is nothing alternative to Breezingforms.
From Crosstec we will not be able to expect much more, I think. But they continue to offer licenses for sale, so that the users have paid afterwards, but nothing runs.
I have to warn with the templates urgently, Google fonts are used. Although I immediately pointed out the urgency, nothing happens for months. Now and then you are asked if you could try something in the source code. I am not a developer.
For me, Crosstec is fired!

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by gws » Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:12 pm

@ TGW-DE Fabrik is in the final stages of development for J4 ,it will do most if not much more than Breezing forms however the learning curve is steep.
https://github.com/joomlahenk/fabrik/wiki/Changelog

herb200mph
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by herb200mph » Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:25 pm

All of the above just reinforces my choice of RSForm as the form product to use on normal websites under Joomla! 4 AND 5 (!!!), and for mobile viewing also.
Author: Joomla! 5: Boots on the Ground, Volume 1 @ Amazon.com
Author: Joomla! 4: BASIC TRAINING - Boots on the Ground @ Amazon.com
Joomla! Magazine - https://magazine.joomla.org/all-issues/ ... c-training

juan_s
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by juan_s » Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:11 pm

I purchased, (Like a fool..) the "Pro" version. First, nothing was delivered. then they delivered twice a day apart and I was billed twice. That in itself would not be a problem because AMX will take care of that. The problem is that, even with the "Pro" version it still says Free???? What am I paying for? I have a good mind to stop payment on the second billing also. Is this even a legit company? Maybe someone can find the time to get back to me on that.
Thank you for your kind attention.

maweest
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by maweest » Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:58 pm

Hello everyone.
A little warning about Breezing Form. I was on this issue for almost 3 years in total. I ran the troubleshoots twice (each time under a different name) and it ran almost identically twice and each time with Tihama(answers):
  • yes we are working on it
  • It will take some time, the colleagues are on vacation
  • It is Joomla 4 but not PHP 8 capable. These functions are still being adapted
  • Please try this in the meantime
  • The developers have created an update package for you "Patch"
  • I am sorry that the update package is not working, we are still working on it
After all steps have not helped and you report this in the forum, the complete forum tree will be deleted
I have also looked at the source code. This is absolutely not PHP 8 compatible.
I myself have used Breezing Form for almost 9 years on many Joomla 3 websites, but I can say one thing with certainty. It is neither Joomla 4 nor PHP 8 ready and both together not at all. Sorry for the following tone: It's just a pure rip-off scam. Also the owner has changed who is now somewhere in DE and is struggling with the current payments. So my recommendation is not to waste any more time with it, tell others and give it a wide berth.
I would also like to have it removed from the extension list in Joomla. I also tried to report it to consumer protection at the end of 22, but unfortunately this is not possible for people not living in Germany. And yes I admit, even though it's been years, I'm still a bit disgusted by this scam. Not to mention all the hassle and subscription costs for my customers. I just hope I can save some of you some trouble and time.

best regards
maweest

Hallo alle zusammen.
Eine kleine Warnung über Breezing Form. Ich war insgesamt fast 3 Jahre an dieser Thematik. Ich habe zwei mal (jeweils unter anderem Namen) die Troubleshoots durchgeführt und es lief zwei mal fast identisch ab und jedes mal mit Tihama(Antworten):
  • - ja wir arbeiten dran
  • - Es dauert noch etwas die Kollegen sind gerade in den Ferien
  • - Es ist Joomla 4 aber nicht die PHP 8 fähig. Diese Funktionen werden noch angepasst
  • - Bitte versuchen Sie in der Zwischenzeit dies.
  • - Die Entwickler haben ein Updatepaket für sie erstellt "Patch"
  • - Es tut mir leid, das dass Update Paket nicht funktioniert, wir arbeiten weiterhin dran
Nachdem alle Schritte nichts geholfen haben und man dies im Forum mitteilt, wird der komplette Forum Tree gelöscht
Ich habe mir auch den Quellcode angesehen. Dieser ist absolut nicht PHP 8 tauglich.
Ich selbst habe Breezing Form knapp 9 Jahre auf vielen Joomla 3 Webseiten verbaut aber eines kann ich mit Gewissheit sagen. Es ist weder Joomla 4 noch PHP 8 ready und beides zusammen gleich gar nicht. Entschuldigt den nachfolgenden Tonfall: Es ist nur noch eine reine Abzocker Masche. Auch hat der Eigentümer gewechselt welcher jetzt irgendwo in DE sitzt und sich mit den laufenden Zahlungen gesund stösst. Also meine Empfehlung opfert keine Zeit mehr damit, sagt es anderen und macht einen weiten Bogen darum.
Ich würde es auch gern aus der Extension Liste im Joomla nehmen lassen. Zusätzlich habe ich Ende 22 versucht es dem Verbraucherschutz zu melden, leider ist dies für nicht in Deutschland lebende nicht möglich. Und ja ich gebe zu ich bin, obwohl es schon Jahre her ist, immer noch etwas angewidert von dieser Masche. Von dem ganzen Ärger und Subscription Kosten meiner Kunden einmal ganz abgesehen. Ich hoffe einfach ich kann einigen von Euch damit etwas Ärger und Zeit ersparen.

Beste Grüsse
maweest

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 4.x”