Alternative to Falang Joomla 4 translator?

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 4.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
darb
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Alternative to Falang Joomla 4 translator?

Post by darb » Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:47 pm

Hi I wonder if there is any alternative to Falang translator component?

This Joomla component have stalled with development and thats a pity and would be nice to have something similar that work well with Joomla 4.

Any tips for a Joomla smart translator that also could support other Joomla 4 components?

biirc
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Alternative to Falang Joomla 4 translator?

Post by biirc » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:34 pm

The last Falang version for Joomla 4 (Falang 4.0.3 )was released last week.
Falang is not "stalled with development" like you say.
But due to the new way of Builder Page system, the improvment are more on the builder (SP page builder and Yootheme)
The Falang todo list is still very important.
I know you have problem with EasyBlog and EasySocial.

[ redacted ]
Last edited by toivo on Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: manual signature not allowed - forum rules available from https://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=65

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:00 pm

Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

darb
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by darb » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:25 am

Depends on what you mean about "stalled"? :geek:

I really like the concept and the developer but I dont see any rapid active progress focus with any new integrations other Joomla components like the one you mention ie EasyBlog, EasySocial etc long time.

The Falang development until now is mostly focused on maintain Joomla Falang and active Falang Wordpress integrations instead and thats why I wonder if there is any other active dev solutions that you can use for translations having similar features.

Its so many Falang integrations that can be done and Falang can charge extra for if Falang have same business model as for Wordpress....this is why Wordpress is successful but Joomla community doesnt understand to change into similar concept.

EasyBlog, EasySocial possible integration was asked for +10 months ago for Joomla 3. Now there Joomla 4. I guess this will not happened before Joomla 5 either what you think. :)

So It would be very good to extend Falang for Joomla 3,4 extensions for Joomla community ecco system too, so all Joomla people can start use it everywhere and also then pay for these extra integrations instead if Falang std also doing same business model 100% free as Wordpress + then you can buy pay for these extra integrations ( extensions example one SP Pagebuilder,xxx,yyy etc) as business model similar that Falang doing for the std Falang Wordpress 100% free.

So Falang Joomla users have to pay for "normal" std comparable Joomla Falang version as compared to Falang Wordpress! Thats not fair. :'(

Go to the developers home page and see the demo pages and compare Joomla demo and Wordpress demo. :pop

Stalled?

biirc
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by biirc » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:32 am

@darb,
i have already make the support several time on Easyblog, with fix i have send to users. But this extension change and it's need to make new fix each time. Easyblog is almost a Joomla in Joomla.
Yes i'm waiting a Stable version of EasyBlog for Joomla 4 to look at it and see if something is possible.EasyBlog is still on Beta for Joomla 4.

Falang for Joomla 3 work fine it's why there are not a lot of change on it actually.

For Falang 4/Joomla 4 i will add new feature but sometimes the new feature need more extra plugin like for Yootheme , it's not possible to translate it wit Falang directly but the plugin "Falang for Yoothme" it's used a lot.
It's used on Joomla site with or without Falang for menu/article transaltion both work.
It's the same for Sp page builder.

Yes i have worked a lot on Falang for WordPress to make something similar and make extra plugin for builder too (WPBakery, Elementor , Divi, Yootheme...)
I prefer Joomla but it's easier to extend builder on WordPress, the filter system is great for that.
There are since the begining a Free Falang version on Joomla (with backlink and small limitation) but the paid version are for support. It's almost the same on WordPress (backlink are forbidden on WordPress)

On the demo you are completly right i have only a demo on yootheme but not on sp page builder. i will make one.

Best regards,
Stéphane

darb
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by darb » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:56 am

Thks for explanation Stephané.

All the best!

darb
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by darb » Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:14 am

I think this "Speedy translator" have my choice for the future as a Joomla language translator with active Joomla development.

Speedy translate

https://extensions.joomla.org/extension ... translate/

It can also work with or without Falang and have many good unique great options.

What you think? Have you tried it?

biirc
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by biirc » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:01 am

Hi,

can you explain here what are for your the " good unique great options"
I can perhaps add somes in Falang

Stéphane

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 4.x”