Code entry extension?

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 4.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
rjohnson7581
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Code entry extension?

Post by rjohnson7581 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:26 pm

I'm looking for a specific extension if there is one. I am setting up my website where I will sell products which will come with a code packed inside. The customer can enter the code to see if they won anything and once that code has been used, it's removed from the system.

Is there an extension that does this or possibly a script not related to Joomla that would work? If there is an extension, even if it only works for Joomla 3, that would be fine. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to do this before we start up.

mjparadac
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Code entry extension?

Post by mjparadac » Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:39 pm

That code that the customer will enter, is it like a kind of coupon or gift?

https://extensions.joomla.org/category/ ... a-coupons/

Regards,
Joomla Community Ambassador for A2 Hosting | A2 Hosting - Our speed, your success | https://www.a2hosting.com/joomla-hosting

rjohnson7581
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Code entry extension?

Post by rjohnson7581 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:14 pm

I'll check some of those out. Basically, the code will come inside the packaging. The customer can go to the website, enter their code and see if they won a prize. I'd need the code to be one time use so nobody else tries to use it to win. Could be like a coupon/voucher code for one time use.

Something like 1millionpuzzle has. I don't want to post outside links that aren't Joomla websites so if you search 1millionpuzzle submit, they have a box you put the code in to submit and see what you win. I'd like something like this but it doesn't have to be prize money customers win, it could be physical products also.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 4.x”