Rgraph/php-rgraph extensions

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 4.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
cwford
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Rgraph/php-rgraph extensions

Post by cwford » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:55 pm

Has anyone installed the RGraph extensions on a J4 site. They're written by Joachim Schmidt of Germany. I've tried installing both the php-rgraph plug-in and the jphpx plug-in from him in order to get charts on my J4 site. They both install successfully, and the both enable successfully. But I've had zero success in getting a graph using either route. Both of them allow you to call the RGraph javascript functions written by the RGraph team to show a graph on an HTML5 canvas.

Joachim seems like a nice enough fellow but his documentation is sparse and his e-mail responses cryptic at best. I can't seem to find any examples of using these plugins from a web search.

If anyone has had success with them I would greatly appreciate hearing from you. I'm building a user dashboard and I would like to include graphs and charts.

TIA,

Clyde Ford

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Rgraph/php-rgraph extensions

Post by AMurray » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:28 pm

There are 41 examples of the types of graphs you can create and the short-codes that are needed to place in your code to make them. The documentation seems reasonable to me; I would not call it sparse/limited in detail. https://www.jschmidt-systemberatung.de/ ... 59&lang=en
Regards - A Murray

cwford
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by cwford » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:14 am

Thank A Murray,

Have been trying them all day. Especially, the simple graph shown in that documentation. I cannot get them to work. Just a blank canvas. No graph. Do you actually have a working sample with a graph displayed?

Clyde

cwford
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by cwford » Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:39 pm

[SOLVED]
Needed to turn on jQuery globally in my template, placing HTMLHelper::_('jquery.framework'); in index.php or override of that file.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 4.x”