Smart Search with Virtuemart and Comments Topic is solved

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 4.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
sechavarria
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Smart Search with Virtuemart and Comments

Post by sechavarria » Fri May 27, 2022 10:03 pm

Hello,

In my company we are making the transition of our site from joomla 3 to joomla 4, and we need smart search (finder) to allow us to search the site in addition to content, virtuemart products and comments from the JComments plugin, which if it could be done with the simple search of joomla 3.

Could you please tell me if there is already a plugin that allows smart search (finder) to add virtuemart products and JComments to the index? If not, how would it be possible to implement it on my site? what dou you recommend?

Thank you very much for your attention.

ceford
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Smart Search with Virtuemart and Comments

Post by ceford » Sun May 29, 2022 6:09 am

sechavarria
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Smart Search with Virtuemart and Comments

Post by sechavarria » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:38 pm

Hello everyone,

I am doing a personalized plugin from smart search so the products from Virtuemart can be indexed in my test site with joomla edition 4.1.2.

My goal is that on my website we can search not only for articles from joomla, but also products from virtuemart.

To create the new plugin I’ve been guided by the following article:
https://docs.joomla.org/Creating_a_Smart_Search_plug-in
What I’ve done so far was go from an existing plugin, which was “smart search - Content”, that you can find in the folder /plugins/finder/content/, I’ve also adapted the file php and xml for the virtuemart fields and tables.

The issue I’m having is that I am not sure how I can test it, or execute it on my site. In the article mentioned before and in the following:
https://docs.joomla.org/Setting_up_auto ... h_indexing
It is noted that the test should be with the app CLI from smart search, which should be located in the folder /cli/, but when I go to look for it, this file finder_indexer.php doen’t exist, and I think it might not exist on the new version of joomla 4.

Could you tell me what is a proper way to do my tests? How can I know if the plugin I made has mistakes or if it even works?

I appreciate your help regarding this.

Best regards.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 4.x”