Form Builder Not Sending Submission

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 4.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
smachimo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Form Builder Not Sending Submission

Post by smachimo » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:00 pm

Hello,

I updated my site to Joomla 4 a few months ago, and I just noticed that all of my website contact/submission forms are not being emailed to the right address.

I've tried to troubleshoot and created new forms, but the same issue is happening. I would appreciate any insight into things I can check to get it working properly.

Here's a landing page I'm building that has non-working forms (whether on mobile or desktop).

https://floathouseedmonton.ca/bestdealfloating2

Thank you for the help :)

sozzled
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Form Builder Not Sending Submission

Post by sozzled » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:49 pm

smachimo wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:00 pm
I updated my site to Joomla 4 a few months ago, and I just noticed that all of my website contact/submission forms are not being emailed to the right address.
If your website is not emailing these things to the "right address", where are these things being emailed to?
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?”
Walking the talk: https://j4xdemo.enduring.com.au
:)

smachimo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by smachimo » Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:20 pm

sozzled wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:49 pm
smachimo wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:00 pm
If your website is not emailing these things to the "right address", where are these things being emailed to?
That's what I am wondering. They all have the right email addresses and it was working fine before the Joomla 4 upgrade. I'll try changing the email address and see if that changes anything...

sozzled
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by sozzled » Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:44 pm

That's not the question I asked. I asked, "Where are the form submissions going?"

In other words, if the emails from the form builder are not "going to the right" address, are emails going to a different email address?
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?”

smachimo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by smachimo » Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:51 am

sozzled wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:44 pm
That's not the question I asked. I asked, "Where are the form submissions going?"

In other words, if the emails from the form builder are not "going to the right" address, are emails going to a different email address?
From what I can tell, they are not being delivered anywhere...

Previously, it would show a brief message that said Successfully Sent in small green letters and then disappear quickly. I noticed this message no longer shows.

sozzled
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by sozzled » Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:44 am

If the emails are not being delivered "anywhere" that's a different issue. Have you used the "send test mail" feature in the global configuration settings?

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:10 pm

If the primary issue is the form extension/Joomla is not sending the email (or being received to the expected email address) my item checklist would be including the following:
  • Check the correct settings (such as SMTP) are used in Joomla's mail settings under Global Configuration. SMTP usually requires authentication with the mail server, so requires the email accounts username/password.
  • Can you confirm the email account ablle to send/receive email normally (external to Joomla)? e.g. through a desktop mail client (.e.g Outlook) or webmail interface?
  • Check junk/spam folder (may be obvious, but overlooked)?
  • Is the email form extension, and Joomla 4 up to date?
  • Is the email form compatible with the current Joomla 4 release (or with the PHP version used)?
  • Does the email form have separate email settings (including recipient email address) in its configuration settings?
I'm sure Joomla would indicate a send failure, such as due to incorrect SMTP authentication, so you would definitely be aware of it.

It may require digging into server / mail logs, either of your mail provider or of joomla, depending on your method of mail method setup under the Mail settings.
Regards - A Murray

smachimo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by smachimo » Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:26 pm

[ redacted ]

Thank you so much for the direction and suggestions, very much appreciated.
Last edited by toivo on Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: unnecessary quote removed

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 4.x”