Module/Extension for active visitors

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 4.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
nickbrec
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Module/Extension for active visitors

Post by nickbrec » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:34 pm

Ok, thanks in advance for the help. I'm working on a project for a client that operates a "Doggy Day Care" business. They want me to develop a web-based system for tracking what clients (dogs) are currently in the facility.

Basically, a single-page interface where the employee clicks on a empty slot, enters the Client's name, dog's name and basic contact information and perhaps even a photo of the dog that can be uploaded via .jpg or whatever. When "log in" or whatever button is clicked, it will allow you to enter that information and then is stamped with that time.

When the client checks-out, you click another button and it ends their time and reports that total time they were there for billing purposes that can maybe be exported to a spreadsheet or something.

I've attached the "concept" the client gave me. Again, thank you very much. I'm looking for a Joomla module or plugin that would accomplish this. Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Module/Extension for active visitors

Post by AMurray » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:00 pm

That could be done with a 'booking' system (which may also integrate payment and invoicing). If it's from the employee perspective, they could see a calendar (or some other type of list) that shows the bookings for the day/week or month etc.

From the dog-owner perspective, they could log in and see when their pets are booked in.

Joomla Bookings & Schedules extensions or Joomla Invoicing/Accounting Extensions

Or simpler than that, use a web-form builder, so you can customise and build your own forms with the data you want to collect. The "bookings" could then be viewed from the Administrator side.

Joomla Form Builder Extensions

If you needed a "photo gallery" then try Joomla photo gallery extensions

I don't know if you're going to find one that could incorporate all these features in one; these are just ideas and not recommedations.

While any or all the above could help collect the data, Custom tables extension may help you produce an on-screen layout that suits you as your illustration above. This may be more complex if you're not a familiar Joomla user.
Regards - A Murray

rishard
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Module/Extension for active visitors

Post by rishard » Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:46 pm

AMurray wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:00 pm
I don't know if you're going to find one that could incorporate all these features in one; these are just ideas and not recommedations.
There is no Joomla extension that meets all the conditions described. This must be done from scratch.

My advice. Since your description I do not see the conditions for integration with Joomla, make this project in Ruby on Rails. This framework is perfect for your task. It will be very easy and inexpensive.
Blog. About Joomla, but not only https://masterpro.ws

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 4.x”