Replicating Current SEF Urls + SEO

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 4.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
johkar1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Replicating Current SEF Urls + SEO

Post by johkar1 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:07 pm

I'm looking for an alternative component which can duplicate our current SEF Urls and provide some basic SEO.

We currently use sh404SEF to create SEF Urls using the article alias (Ex: oursiteurl.org/method.htm). In preparation for Joomla 4 we've found that sh404SEF is not compatible with Joomla 4. The author is rewritten it for Joomla 4 and separated the SEO piece and perhaps a SEF piece if there is interest. The price is going up and we are a non-profit so not sure we want to continue with sh404SEF. It is probably overkill for a site of our size.
Last edited by imanickam on Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved topic » from Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 4.x to Extensions for Joomla! 4.x

Astrophel
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Replicating Current SEF Urls + SEO

Post by Astrophel » Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:26 pm

I've always loved sh404SEF and will be looking into Weeblr's J4 tools (their free SEOInfo browser plugin is great for checking any page's SEO structure too).

Make sure you enter all meta info etc in articles and probably the easiest way to manage your redirects is to use Akeeba's Admin Tools redirect function (it is in free version, also one of most reliable developers in Joomla). (or set up 301 redirects in .htaccess) ... Redirect the old URLs to the new URLs, I would not try to retain the old URLs. With proper redirects Google (Bing etc) should adjust and update URLs without penalty.
“It is amazing how much can be accomplished if no one cares who gets the credit.”
John Wooden

johkar1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by johkar1 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:12 pm

Astrophel wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:26 pm
I've always loved sh404SEF and will be looking into Weeblr's J4 tools (their free SEOInfo browser plugin is great for checking any page's SEO structure too).

Make sure you enter all meta info etc in articles and probably the easiest way to manage your redirects is to use Akeeba's Admin Tools redirect function (it is in free version, also one of most reliable developers in Joomla). (or set up 301 redirects in .htaccess) ... Redirect the old URLs to the new URLs, I would not try to retain the old URLs. With proper redirects Google (Bing etc) should adjust and update URLs without penalty.
It looks like Akeeba's Admin tool does not include the redirect function for free anymore.

ManuelVoileux
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by ManuelVoileux » Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:56 pm

Hi everybody,
I suggest you have a look at Route 66 https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/route-66/
The free version is complete with all functions for the joomla content and may work with extensions (do test). The pro version adds functions for shop extensions. The developper is reactive for support.

Astrophel
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Astrophel » Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:02 pm

johkar1 wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:12 pm

It looks like Akeeba's Admin tool does not include the redirect function for free anymore.
It is certainly in my free version. (Make sure it is Admin Tools, not Backup)
“It is amazing how much can be accomplished if no one cares who gets the credit.”
John Wooden

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 4.x”