EasyShop Plugin by JoomTech

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 4.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
B0bB0bB0b
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

EasyShop Plugin by JoomTech

Post by B0bB0bB0b » Wed May 24, 2023 11:04 am

Hi guys,

I wanted to know if anyone was having a problem contacting joomtech.net (EASYSHOP plugin).
I have been trying to contact them since Monday, simple tech support issue with their EasyShop plugin not sending the complete email receipt when reading in a browser (any browser, any non phone app). Works fine on the mobile/cell phone but not on non phone mail clients?

The main point is that the site is off line since Monday maybe longer and I wanted to know if anyone knew of any reason why they are not contactable? I paid for this plugin and I'm in test mode for the online shop put they are not responding to my emails (not bouncing) can't access their forums and their main site just shows 'Error' nothing else.

I think joomla should perhaps suspend their plugins for the sake of the joomla users and to reduce support request or queries being sent joomla's way.

regards
Bob
Last edited by toivo on Wed May 24, 2023 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: retitled

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: EasyShop Plugin by JoomTech

Post by toivo » Wed May 24, 2023 11:29 am

The domain of the website points to CloudFlare. If it is not just a temporary issue, you could use the Report option in the JED entry of the extension.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

B0bB0bB0b
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by B0bB0bB0b » Thu May 25, 2023 8:19 am

my post was about joomla and not a promo for any developer website. joomla is promoting this website which can potentially detrimental to the joomla community.

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Thu May 25, 2023 8:28 am

If you have a problem with an extension listed on the JED, report it to the JED team.

Where did you read that “Joomla” promotes “this website”? ???

I don’t use this extension and I know nothing about it.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Fri May 26, 2023 5:27 am

A ticket has now been submitted to the JED team, requesting the extension to be removed from JED.

B0bB0bB0b
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by B0bB0bB0b » Tue May 30, 2023 8:14 am

Hi, when I said joomla is promoting the plugin I meant that it is available on the joomla site as a plugin. Thus it is being promoted by joomla. Thank you Toivo for submitting a ticket to JED.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:10 pm

The JoomTech website is now back online. Their support forum has three new topics from the last two days but no replies yet.

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:15 pm

B0bB0bB0b wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 8:14 am
Hi, when I said joomla is promoting the plugin I meant that it is available on the joomla site as a plugin.
Do you mean that this extension is listed on the Joomla Extensions Directory? Is that what you mean? Where else on the "joomla site" is this extension "available"?

The most worrying aspect of this discussion is not whether an extension works as advertised or whether the author(s) of that extension are contactable. The most worrying aspect of this discussion is the call to arms, the alarmist clamour, to censure an extension developer:
B0bB0bB0b wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 11:04 am
I think joomla should perhaps suspend their plugins for the sake of the joomla users and to reduce support request or queries being sent joomla's way.
This forum is not the place to settle those kinds of disputes. This forum should never be used as a name-and-shame board. Further, just because a developer's website has been offline or unavailable for a period of time doesn't excuse people running off blindly in a panic and reporting the extension developer to the JED authorities.

Do not confuse an extension's listing on the JED as "Joomla" promoting it. "Joomla"—or more correctly Open Source Matters, Inc.—is in the business of promoting one thing and one thing only: the Joomla! project.

I don't know anything about the extension being discussed here nor do I know anything about the author who developed it. I'm not making excuses for the author but I don't think we should use this forum to target him (or her) as part of a personal vendetta. 8)

SharkyKZ
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by SharkyKZ » Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:43 am

In any case JoomTech extensions must be removed from JED because their "terms of use" violate GPL.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 4.x”