How to change the Sign Up Complete page? Topic is solved

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 4.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Konsider
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

How to change the Sign Up Complete page?

Post by Konsider » Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:51 pm

Hi everyone :)

I hope someone can help with this. How do I customise the page that appears once someone has successfully signed up? Currently, all that is displayed is "Sign up Complete! You may now login" on a plain page (see attached image).

Surely it would be better if the login form itself appears on that page too, maybe with the ability to have some images, etc?

Thanks for any advice :)
Screenshot 2023-09-21 033332.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by toivo on Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: moved from 4.x General Questions, retitled

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Please Help - How to change the Registration Complete page?

Post by AMurray » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:14 pm

I don't know about the images and login but the wording you should be able to change with language overrides.

What front-end template are you using? (this screen doesn't look like something that Cassiopeia would show).
Regards - A Murray

Konsider
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Konsider » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:19 pm

Well, it's Yootheme, but Yootheme doesn't handle these stock Joomla pages, so I need to change it without Yootheme?

I tried to seach for the language used in the language override section, but the text wasn't found, so that was confusing :)

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:22 pm

I think it would be recommended to direct the question to Yootheme since it's not an issue with the Joomla core. Yootheme may have some ideas how you can modify that page.

Is this page showing from a user signing up "without activation" or "with activation" (or with both)? In the Joomla core, as far as I recall, when you click the activation link in the email, it will go back to the site, and present the user with the login form. Yootheme seems to treat the process differently.
Regards - A Murray

Konsider
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Konsider » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:26 pm

It's without activation. The user signs up on the site and after pressing the submit button, the next page they see is that one - just blank with that text. Thanks for your help though - I'll keep trying stuff out :)

Konsider
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Konsider » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:41 pm

Doh, I found it. For anyone else wondering about this, it's the plugin Community Builder that is handling that page :)

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 4.x”