Database and Schema Path Error on Joomla! 4.2.4 Topic is solved

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 4.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
SForsgren
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Database and Schema Path Error on Joomla! 4.2.4

Post by SForsgren » Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:13 pm

I have this same issue on 4.2.4 as described here:
viewtopic.php?f=812&t=997827

No solution at present. Would welcome any new insights. Thanks!
Last edited by imanickam on Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split from the topics 996228 and 990096. In the future, for your issue, please create a separate topic. Even though the symptom may be the same, root cause could be different due to varying environments. Also, the post conversations could be focused.

SForsgren
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Database and Schema Path Error on Joomla! 4.2.4

Post by SForsgren » Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:16 pm

I also have this issue on Joomla 4.2.4 with PHP 7.4.33.
Anyone else have this issue or found a solution? Thanks
Last edited by imanickam on Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Split from the topics 996228 and 990096. In the future, for your issue, please create a separate topic. Even though the symptom may be the same, root cause could be different due to varying environments. Also, the post conversations could be focused.

SForsgren
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Several errors after upgrading from J3 to J4

Post by SForsgren » Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:18 pm

I also have errors similar to yours:

Notice: Trying to get property 'schemapath' of non-object in /home/delta/public_html/administrator/components/com_installer/src/Model/DatabaseModel.php on line 180

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/delta/public_html/administrator/components/com_installer/src/Model/DatabaseModel.php on line 180

How might I further explore what is causing these? Thanks

sozzled
I've been banned!

Re: Several errors after upgrading from J3 to J4

Post by sozzled » Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:34 pm

SForsgren wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:18 pmHow might I further explore what is causing these?
You could try using the Forum Post Assistant tool like the person who had the "same issue" as you: viewtopic.php?f=808&t=990096#p3645852

ceford
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Database and Schema Path Error on Joomla! 4.2.4

Post by ceford » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:03 pm

The error you see is a php warning. You might find out more by planting this piece of code on line 170 of /home/delta/public_html/administrator/components/com_installer/src/Model/DatabaseModel.php0

Code: Select all

var_dump($folderTmp);
And then reload the Maintenance: Database page. That should tell us which sql/updates folder is missong.

Then plant this on line 180 of /home/delta/public_html/administrator/components/com_installer/src/Model/DatabaseModel.php

Code: Select all

var_dump($installationXML);
And then reload the Maintenance: Database page. That should tell us something about the $installationXML object.

Copy the dumps to somewhere safe and then remove the added lines. Paste the dumps here.

SForsgren
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by SForsgren » Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:36 pm

Note: This is a different test env than the original info but has the same issue. Also sites are now on 4.2.5.

First request results:

string(100) "/home/customer/www/j4.betterhealthguy.com/public_html/administrator/components/com_ampz/sql/updates/" string(106) "/home/customer/www/j4.betterhealthguy.com/public_html/administrator/components/com_admintools/sql/updates/" string(101) "/home/customer/www/j4.betterhealthguy.com/public_html/administrator/components/com_admin/sql/updates/" string(106) "/home/customer/www/j4.betterhealthguy.com/public_html/administrator/components/com_maximenuck/sql/updates/" string(101) "/home/customer/www/j4.betterhealthguy.com/public_html/administrator/components/com_osmap/sql/updates/" string(95) "/home/customer/www/j4.betterhealthguy.com/public_html/modules/mod_raxo_allmode_pro/sql/updates/" string(106) "/home/customer/www/j4.betterhealthguy.com/public_html/administrator/components/com_pixtracker/sql/updates/" string(104) "/home/customer/www/j4.betterhealthguy.com/public_html/administrator/components/com_weblinks/sql/updates/"

Second request results were too large to post here and are attached as a text file.

Thanks in advance for any insights! Very much appreciated. :)

Thanks,
Scott
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ceford
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by ceford » Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:32 pm

So the first test is triggered in com_ampz and the second in mod_raxo_allmode_pro - both third party extensions that seem to be incompatible. What to do they do? Update or disable them?

SForsgren
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by SForsgren » Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:28 pm

How did you determine the issues are with AMPZ and Raxo?

Here is a response from AMPZ:

Hi Scott,

Thank you for the email.

I have read the post, but seem to be unable to reproduce what that last conclusion is, since this was before that:

string(100) "/home/customer/www/j4.betterhealthguy.com/public_html/administrator/components/com_ampz/sql/updates/" string(106) "/home/customer/www/j4.betterhealthguy.com/public_html/administrator/components/com_admintools/sql/updates/" string(101) "/home/customer/www/j4.betterhealthguy.com/public_html/administrator/components/com_admin/sql/updates/" string(106) "/home/customer/www/j4.betterhealthguy.com/public_html/administrator/components/com_maximenuck/sql/updates/" string(101) "/home/customer/www/j4.betterhealthguy.com/public_html/administrator/components/com_osmap/sql/updates/" string(95) "/home/customer/www/j4.betterhealthguy.com/public_html/modules/mod_raxo_allmode_pro/sql/updates/" string(106) "/home/customer/www/j4.betterhealthguy.com/public_html/administrator/components/com_pixtracker/sql/updates/" string(104) "/home/customer/www/j4.betterhealthguy.com/public_html/administrator/components/com_weblinks/sql/updates/"

Next to AMPZ I also see Admin Tools, Admin component itself, etc…how to point it down to AMPZ and Raxo Allmode?

AMPZ does have a ’sql/updates’ folder in administrator/com_ampz/sql/updates.

Best regards,
Roy

ceford
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by ceford » Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:47 pm

The first set of results is just the list of extensions for update and I should not have implied there was something wrong with AMPZ. The second set of results is where the error is being triggered. The code is looking for an array of schemas ($installationXML->update->schemas->schemapath[0]) in RAXO All-mode PRO but not finding it because it is not there. The result is that update of this extension is skipped - but the extension is up to date. I think you will only see this message when debug is set to true.

SForsgren
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by SForsgren » Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:24 pm

RAXO confirmed this was a bug and will be fixing.
In the meantime, they had me remove their row from the schemas table.

Thank you!! :)

Shur
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Shur » Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:07 am

ceford wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:47 pm ...The code is looking for an array of schemas ($installationXML->update->schemas->schemapath[0]) in RAXO All-mode PRO but not finding it because it is not there. The result is that update of this extension is skipped - but the extension is up to date. I think you will only see this message when debug is set to true.
RAXO no longer uses this method of updating database records in the module under J4.
Although we previously used it in a module under J3.

We did not expect this to cause such an error.

Users who have encountered this problem and are trying to find a solution will come to this forum page. Here is a link where you can find more information about this bug: Fixed two warnings in Maintenance: Database

This bug has been fixed since RAXO All-mode PRO v2.03.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 4.x”