Has HikaShop an import function?

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 4.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
stuffdone
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Has HikaShop an import function?

Post by stuffdone » Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:50 pm

Anyone know if hika shop has an import function? I don't see mention on their web site and their contact form just asks for repeated CAPTCHA and I got tired of clicking on traffic lights over and over.

I note it's been removed from the extension directory here so also wondering if it's still a viable/safe cart?

I need something that works, that is easy to add products to.

Ive had poor luck with Virtuemart and had to actually edit SQL to get rid of it as uninstall just failes!

J2 store is very cumbersome as you have to create an article for each item and I have hundreds of one-of-a-kind products. Would be a nightmare to manage.

Phocacart is better but cannot get payment gateway to function and import just does nothing, and poor support.

I don't mind paying for something that works but I have wasted days and achieved nothing and don't want to do the same thing over and over with something I had to pay for as well.

Any ideas let me know. Thanks!
Last edited by pe7er on Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed title to better reflect the topic
--- http://www.Stuffdone.com ---
Wow. Doing web sites for over 28+ years now. Still learn new tricks...not bad for an old dog

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Has HikaShop an import function?

Post by AMurray » Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:27 pm

turn off the captcha (global configuration)? Just for your development and testing I mean, then turn it back on, or use an alternative captcha that doesn't do so much of the user challenge stuff.

Which payment gateway with Phoca? They are well known extensions from that brand normally pretty reliable.
Regards - A Murray

stuffdone
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by stuffdone » Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:43 pm

AMurray wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:27 pm
turn off the captcha (global configuration)? Just for your development and testing I mean, then turn it back on, or use an alternative captcha that doesn't do so much of the user challenge stuff.

Which payment gateway with Phoca? They are well known extensions from that brand normally pretty reliable.
How would I turn that CAPTCHA off on hika's server???
Wow. Doing web sites for over 28+ years now. Still learn new tricks...not bad for an old dog

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:51 pm

**On Hika's server** ??? I don't know what you mean by that.

Isn't Hika using Recaptcaha (google)? You mean Hika has its own captcha. I thought you meant it was using the Joomla core plugin for Google Recaptcha.

Seems like you just need to disable the plugin, Hika apparently has its own plugin for captcha functions.

Go to the Plugin Manager. Search for "Hika" so it filters the plugin list to only those associated with Hika Shop. You should see a plugin for the captcha there. Disable it. I don't know if HIka allows you to use the global configuration setting or not but that's something you can test.
Regards - A Murray

stuffdone
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by stuffdone » Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:43 am

AMurray wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:51 pm
**On Hika's server** ??? I don't know what you mean by that.

Isn't Hika using Recaptcaha (google)? You mean Hika has its own captcha. I thought you meant it was using the Joomla core plugin for Google Recaptcha.

Seems like you just need to disable the plugin, Hika apparently has its own plugin for captcha functions.

Go to the Plugin Manager. Search for "Hika" so it filters the plugin list to only those associated with Hika Shop. You should see a plugin for the captcha there. Disable it. I don't know if HIka allows you to use the global configuration setting or not but that's something you can test.
Once again. I cannot send a message to HIKA because of their Captcha. I have no way to turn off THEIR Captcha!! I just cannot even contact them because of CAPTCHA

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:01 am

OK, I get it.
and their contact form just asks for repeated CAPTCHA and I got tired of clicking on traffic lights over and over.
That's beyond your control if the captcha is playing up on Hika's site (or in their support/contact form). Strange, this contact form doesn't even have a visible captcha. I am used to first seeing the "I'm not a robot" check box, and then if needed it gives you the second "click all images with...." challenge.

https://www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html is this the form you're trying to use?
Regards - A Murray

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by gws » Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:05 am

@stuffdone you may be able to contact Hika via this thresd. viewtopic.php?f=262&t=924799&start=60

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 4.x”