Joomlatools / docman is still alive ? Topic is solved

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 4.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
SemaphoreOxalis
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Joomlatools / docman is still alive ?

Post by SemaphoreOxalis » Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:33 am

Hi,
We are a very long time (and satisfied ) users of Joomlatools extentions but we have miss our auto-renewing this summer and the dashboard explain we have to ask them directly a link for renewing buuuut since this summer we can't reach anybody of them : Does anybody have a contact or anynews about this company ? We have some serious project based on their product and we have to know if we have to switch.

Thanks

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Joomlatools / docman is still alive ?

Post by AMurray » Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:29 am

I think it's a (temporary) problem with their Cloudflare. I can't get to forum, or helpdesk or contact page on their site.
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:38 am

Some of their pages seem to be working but some, like the contact page, give a 500 error, apparently due a server issue. Johan Janssens made one contribution in Github a week ago to a private repository.

A few years ago I worked in a couple of projects using DOCman and it was a good extension, but, IMHO, their latest blog entries or rather the lack of them does not inspire confidence.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

brian
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by brian » Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:05 am

There is a reason their extensions were removed from the extension directory - just saying
"Exploited yesterday... Hacked tomorrow"
Blog http://brian.teeman.net/
Joomla Hidden Secrets http://hiddenjoomlasecrets.com/

SemaphoreOxalis
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by SemaphoreOxalis » Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:54 pm

brian wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:05 am There is a reason their extensions were removed from the extension directory - just saying
Their products is working verywell for our needs, UI is very appreciated by our clients that's why we have spend more than 1200$ to them since many years.

And the reason is ? Not for being curious but because we have to make our business working and if the community know something important it seems logical to share with other ;-)

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:56 pm

One reason extensions would not be accepted or removed is if they are not open source under the GPL license terms.

As to contacting them, have you tried submitting a ticket through the helpdesk? I assume you can still log in to your account (you already mentioned you need some sort of link in order to effect a renewal of subscription)? I would think the helpdesk would be the logical way to submit your request, and that seems to be working. The "Contact" link is still down.
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

SemaphoreOxalis
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by SemaphoreOxalis » Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:50 am

The ticket system is not enable anymore because I have no subscription and the link for renewing is the contact form with the error 500.
i have try to join Timble.net their web agency : no response too...
I can't figure what is happening.

andrew913
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by andrew913 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:29 pm

Joomlatools Alternatives

Maybe try Phoca Download

JAVesey
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by JAVesey » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:31 pm

andrew913 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:29 pm Joomlatools Alternatives

Maybe try Phoca Download
+1 for Phocadownload 8)
John V
Cardiff, Wales, UK
Joomla 5.1.1 "live" site on PHP 8.2.15 and MariaDB 10.11.7 (with b/c plugin enabled)
Joomla 5.1.1 on XAMMP for MacOS with PHP 8.2.4 and MariaDB 10.4.28 (with b/c plugin enabled)

andy-channel
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by andy-channel » Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:10 am

FWIW, we've also been very long time customers of Joomlatools. Contacted them via helpdesk and three times directly via email in the last two weeks leading up to renewal to alter our subs and only got a response today - a day after auto-renewal payment was taken.

Ercan from Joomlatools has now dealt with our refund / new subscription, and informed me the team is backed up due to seasonal illnesses.

The alternatives link provided by andrew913 above is handy. If anyone's thinking of cancelling auto-renewal do it near your renewal date as further downloads are disabled when you cancel no matter how long you have left on your subscription.

SemaphoreOxalis
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by SemaphoreOxalis » Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:28 pm

Hi ! After contacing them directly on an alternative canal they restore theyr contact page and wa can post again our issue. After somes days we could avec our subscription up again !

I still don't understand where is the issue (I don't have the past reference) with the licence . on heir website they claim using GPL https://www.joomlatools.com/faq/license ... nsions-use
What is the issue with Joomlatools @andrew @brian ?

andy-channel
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by andy-channel » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:46 am

An update from our end.

TL;DR: anyone using Joomlatools should take heed and visit the link from andrew913's post.

So, even though Ercan sorted out our subscription change, with payments all correct at the bank and an active subscription + a paid invoice showing in Joomlatools dashboard, we received an email at the weekend saying our subscription "failed to renew".

Logging into dashboard sure enough it has been made inactive, so we can't actually download anything or use the helpdesk i.e. no access to anything we've paid for.

The dashboard now also shows that we have an upcoming subscription for the exact same date that we have a paid one for.

No support response yet via email, and their contact page is down (again). As SemaphoreOxalis notes, you can't use the helpdesk without a subscription. Can't even see the ticket we originally raised on it to provide a further response (we left the ticket open deliberately).

Edit: typo.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 4.x”