Latest News Enhanced Extension

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 4.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
irenuyam
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Latest News Enhanced Extension

Post by irenuyam » Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:12 pm

Hi.
Anybody using this extension to display articles?
I updated our Joomla website to Joomla 4.x in WAMP server to check if the extensions I have been using are compatible.
This extension, Latest News Enhanced, worked fine with Joomla 3. I updated it in the Joomla 4 but the module does not display anything.
Need help.
Thanks.

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Latest News Enhanced Extension

Post by AMurray » Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:43 pm

Assuming you mean this https://extensions.joomla.org/extension ... -enhanced/ then are you using the latest release? v6.10.1 (December 2023). The JED listing indicates it works on J3, J4, and J5 so it shouldn't be an issue.

Perhaps it doesn't work well with, for instance, your template. Test it with Cassiopeia.

Perhaps delete, and create a new module (or create a new module). I assume this module lists "latest articles" or something according to the selected category (like the core joomla latest articles module), but with additional enhancements?

Make sure the module is assigned to a relevant module position in the template.

Can you provide screenshots given your site is only local (WAMP)?
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

irenuyam
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by irenuyam » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:20 am

AMurray wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:43 pm
Assuming you mean this https://extensions.joomla.org/extension ... -enhanced/ then are you using the latest release? v6.10.1 (December 2023). The JED listing indicates it works on J3, J4, and J5 so it shouldn't be an issue.

Perhaps it doesn't work well with, for instance, your template. Test it with Cassiopeia.

Perhaps delete, and create a new module (or create a new module). I assume this module lists "latest articles" or something according to the selected category (like the core joomla latest articles module), but with additional enhancements?

Make sure the module is assigned to a relevant module position in the template.

Can you provide screenshots given your site is only local (WAMP)?
Yes, I am using the latest version (the free one) since we just wanted something basic.
I created a new module with the latest version. We are using a pagebuilder so I just insert the module in a section of a page.
Capture.JPG
It is supposed to appear on the encircled area.
I was trying it out on a template using T4 framework, no success.
The screenshot is with the Joomla default template Cassiopeia, nothing shows.

I tried the core Joomla articles module but there seems to be no option for pagination. Would you know how to add one?
Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:08 pm

Is the module published (to a correct module position in the template), and assigned to the appropriate menu items? (basic checks, but you never can tell if something like that has been overlooked).

I rarely use the Latest Articles (core) in Joomla so don't know what you mean by pagination. It can list links to articles within a specified category; that's all I know about it.

I don't know what pagebuilder you're using; but I use SP Page Builder and that allows insertion of Joomla Modules, and I've never had an issue with it. I use Helix Ultimate, not the T4 framework-based templates.
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

irenuyam
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by irenuyam » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:08 am

AMurray wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:08 pm
Is the module published (to a correct module position in the template), and assigned to the appropriate menu items? (basic checks, but you never can tell if something like that has been overlooked).

I rarely use the Latest Articles (core) in Joomla so don't know what you mean by pagination. It can list links to articles within a specified category; that's all I know about it.

I don't know what pagebuilder you're using; but I use SP Page Builder and that allows insertion of Joomla Modules, and I've never had an issue with it. I use Helix Ultimate, not the T4 framework-based templates.
I'll check again re assignment.

I am using Quix as page builder and it is working fine with the plugin in our current Joomla version (3.10.x).

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 4.x”