Cache Problems after Succesful Akeeba backup site Transfer within domains

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 4.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Moches
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Cache Problems after Succesful Akeeba backup site Transfer within domains

Post by Moches » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:54 pm

Hello Joomla! Comunity, hope you are all doing great.

This is a problem I have and can't find the appropriate solution for it. I want to know what are your thoughts or any advice or guidence you can provide will be most appreciated. Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this post, let's see if I can solve this.

I have a site already on a live domain, which I want to transfer to a new domain. I am using Hostinger service for all my domains so both domains I am using exists on hostinger servers on my hostinger account.

I am using Joomla! 4.4.3 (lates version on the 4.x series)
I am using EasyBlog Pro (paid extension and active)
I am using SP Page Builder Pro (paid extension and active)
I am using Helix Ultimate Freamework for templating (free version, latest version)
I am using Akeeba backup core (free version, latest version)
I am using Akeeba Kickstart core (latest version)

Ok my site has being working perfectly since the begining (6 months now), is not that big of a site but it already has a lot of content, more than 200 easy blog posts.

I needed to transfer this site to a new domain, so I did everything needed in order to do that, this was the procedure:

1. I created a backup file with akeeba backup
2. I downloaded my .jpa backup file to my computer (as I always do) via FTP on Binary
3. On Hostinger I created a new data base for my new site (the one I wanted to transfer to), created new user, set the password correctly and start on a clean installation. Everything working fine (SSL Certificate installed and working properly too).
4. I uploaded my .jpa backup file via FTP on Binary mode, added kickstart.php also, to new domain site.
5. I just ran the akeeba kickstart.php installer and started all process.
6. Installed new site on new domain with NO PROBLEMS until...

This is the actual problems I found:

Everything was perfectly installed, site working properly until I wanted to make a css change on my template through my custom.css file.

I can create all new content within easyblog and joomla articles, I can create new moduels, new templates, etc., in fact I can do everything on the site BUT NOT CHANGING CSS.

This is what I found:

If I make a change to my css custom file, the file takes several hours to be recongized by the front end site, it takes literally up to 24 hours in order to get the new css rules.

It is not cache, at least not in joomla configuration, all cache is off, including plugin system cache is set to off, the same as the backup site.

I don't have any plugin, extension or component installed for cache optiomization or site performance so it is not the cache. Eventhough I know something is happening with it.

Any ideas what it can be? I have some thoughts but tried everything, even support service at Hostinger spent several hours with me reviewing this issue and they don't know why this is happening. They are surprised as I am, it is not their server or my hosting accout, so no idea at all. This should be a very transparent process since it is on the same host account, just a typical domain to domain site transfer.

Not working, and I am getting desperate.

Tried revisiting my .httacess file, no problems there
Tried revisiting my configuration.php file, no problems there
PHP is congiured at 8.2 the same as the other site so no problem there.

So this is my thought, corrupted files on the backup or either easy blog or sp page builder are messing with cache options? I don't know to be honest.

I spent 20 hours trying to solve this, including 6 hours with Hostinger support. Did tried all possible akeeba backup configurations for my restoration site. Tried more than 17 times to test this on my new domain, on other domains I have and all the time I got the same exact problem, can't update CSS file.

Revisited all headers with developer console, status 200 for everything, custom.css file downloading perfectly, all payloads working fine. So don't know what else to check.

So If anyone has an idea where to go from here, will be mostly appreciated.

Let me know if anyone needs more information on this.

Thanks in advance for your time and support.

Kind regadrs from Mexico!!!

Moches

Moches
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Cache Problems after Succesful Akeeba backup site Transfer within domains

Post by Moches » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:59 pm

By the way I forgot to tell that all folders and files have the appropriate permissions.

Thanks!

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 4.x”