J4 Advanced Forms

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 4.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
aklisiewicz
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

J4 Advanced Forms

Post by aklisiewicz » Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:15 am

I have a question to those who are familiar with advanced form components (by experience, not by guessing what works or not).

I need to create some forms based on existing tables where parent/child (sometimes called: master/details) relationships play a major role. A simplest example of that would be Invoice, Purchase Order etc.

I also need an extension which integrates with nicely with the template. I know a few (like FABRIK) but they are missing any kind of quick styling tools. I also purchased some Form builders on the past but none of them worked (either missing documentation, no support of any kind from the developers or bugs).

Today I looked briefly at JCB component video and it looks very interesting, however it might be an overkill for that I need (because I do not need much of a backend control. I already have and external Web App for that. I just need some data entry (with list views, filters etc. within the CMS).

If there is anybody using this type of extensions, I would appreciate hearing your opinions and/or suggestions.

Thank you

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: J4 Advanced Forms

Post by gws » Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:41 am

I am currently exploring the new fabrik beta 1 (for J4) and I am very pleased with what I see. Quick styling NO,but easily achieved with css and you only do it once...

aklisiewicz
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by aklisiewicz » Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:27 am

so where you download it ? I only see v3.10 (for J3 not J4)

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by gws » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:45 am

aklisiewicz
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by aklisiewicz » Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:06 am

Well, that is the problem. Many people (like me) have no expertise of CSS and no time to write styling scripts.
I was looking recently at Joomla Component Builder and it sounds promising, but did not have had enough time to get deep enough into the details.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 4.x”