Huge Administrator Logs - Wblib Topic is solved

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 4.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
wirecreative
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Huge Administrator Logs - Wblib

Post by wirecreative » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:19 pm

I have a very small low-traffic site that hit its relatively generous hosting space allotment over the weekend, and I located the problem in the directory \administrator\logs\wblib\errors which had nearly 1.5GB of log files in it.

I'm not familiar with what wblib is or why there are error logs here as opposed to some more obvious location, like one of the php_errorlog files.

Is it OK if I just clear out the files from this directory? Is there a way I can limit or prevent such huge error files from piling up in there?
Last edited by toivo on Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: moved from 4.x General Questions, retitled

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Huge Administrator Logs - Wblib

Post by toivo » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:42 pm

Does the website use or has it used in the past one of the following third party extensions or other SEO products from Weeblr: sh404SEF, or wbAMP

If you do not know about those extensions, which would be among the installed components and plugins, please post the results from the Forum Post Assistant (FPA) by following the instructions at https://forumpostassistant.github.io/docs/ so that our Joomla experts can review the configuration.

It is safe to remove the log files.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

wirecreative
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by wirecreative » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:07 am

Ah, yes, it's a Joomla 3-to-4 upgraded site that used to use sh404sef and now uses 4SEO and 4SEF.

I'll delete the files, one of which is 500MB. Maybe I'll ask Weeblr about that, too. Thanks.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:05 am

You may want to check the database tables, too. The developer will be able to advice you which are used by the current SEO/SEF extensions for transactions and statistics.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

wirecreative
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by wirecreative » Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:04 am

toivo wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:05 am
You may want to check the database tables, too. The developer will be able to advice you which are used by the current SEO/SEF extensions for transactions and statistics.
Thanks. I did look at the database first, but it looks normal. I had to hunt around for these files.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 4.x”