Menu item title on mobile view on cassiopeia template

Everything to do with Joomla! 4.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
jhunyan
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Menu item title on mobile view on cassiopeia template

Post by jhunyan » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:07 pm

Hi,

Is there anywhere to make menu item show up up next to hamburger menu in mobile view in Cassiopeia template?

Please see the attached snapshot.

Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mjparadac
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Menu item title on mobile view on cassiopeia template

Post by mjparadac » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:18 pm

Have you tried modifying the CSS file for Cassiopeia template?

Regards,
Joomla Community Ambassador for A2 Hosting | A2 Hosting - Our speed, your success | https://www.a2hosting.com/joomla-hosting

jhunyan
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jhunyan » Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:21 am

I want the menu item to show up when I clicked on the menu item. For example, if I clicked Home, I want it to show Home as menu item. If I clicked Profile, I want it to show Profile as menu item.

Do you know what code I should insert and which file in Cassiopeia I should do it?

Please advise

Thank you

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:43 am

I think you are talking about displaying, next to the hamburger icon, the currently active menu item.

It doesn't work that way even with the mobile menu in J! Protostar template in J! 3.x.

For example, this is how the currently active menu item is highlighted in J! 3.x (on the left) and J! 4 (on the right).
j4j4_MobileMenus.png
If I understand your question, you want the active menu item displayed as text next to the hamburger icon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pavel-ww
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Pavel-ww » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:24 am

jhunyan wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:21 am
I want the menu item to show up when I clicked on the menu item. For example, if I clicked Home, I want it to show Home as menu item. If I clicked Profile, I want it to show Profile as menu item.

Do you know what code I should insert and which file in Cassiopeia I should do it?

Please advise

Thank you
Hi. This functional does not exist out of the box. To do this, you will need to write your own JavaScript. Not very complicated. If you do not have skills, hire someone for this work.

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 4.x”