Creating your own templates for Joomla4

Everything to do with Joomla! 4.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
theo_v
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Creating your own templates for Joomla4

Post by theo_v » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:26 am

Hi all,

Untill now, i've been using Joomla 3 with Artisteer to create my own templates. With a new website coming up, i would like to use Joomla 4, but am still struggling with how / what to use to create your own template. So far, i've been trying some things, but u cannot find anything i like :-[ .
So my question to you out there: what is the way to go if you want to develop a template for a new website under Joomla 4? I am curious as to your suggestions :)

Pavel-ww
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Creating your own templates for Joomla4

Post by Pavel-ww » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:44 am

theo_v wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:26 am
Hi all,

Untill now, i've been using Joomla 3 with Artisteer to create my own templates. With a new website coming up, i would like to use Joomla 4, but am still struggling with how / what to use to create your own template. So far, i've been trying some things, but u cannot find anything i like :-[ .
So my question to you out there: what is the way to go if you want to develop a template for a new website under Joomla 4? I am curious as to your suggestions :)
Hi.

My opinion on this subject is this:
With the advent of framework-templates, Artisteer is hopelessly obsolete. After all, not in vain, the team of its developers has long switched first on Themler, and now on Nice Page.

Take any framework-template and on its basis make your template if you will need it at all. Since framework-templates allow from the box to make any sites with any design, with any positions of modules, in any places. And they constantly receive updates, with the inclusion of the most modern technologies.

Look at Helix Ultimate, Gantry, T4 Framework, Astroid - all free.

Or you can simply create your own template based on Cassiopea - create a copy and remove / add everything you need.

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:11 am

Mod. Note: Relocated topic to the Templates forum.

theo_v
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by theo_v » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:59 am

See... that's what i like about Joomla, and this forum in particular. People helping each other.
Thanks a lot, Pavel for your quick reply. I was already on to Themler and Nicepage, but got several "bad vibes" when reading their fora. Could not get a clear answer if it was worth the hassle.
Will most certainly have a go at the products you mentioned.
And not to forget Per, for relocating my topic to the correct place (and pointing me to the existence of this forum) :)

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 4.x”