Error 500 behavior.caption Not found

Everything to do with Joomla! 4.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
john-doe
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Error 500 behavior.caption Not found

Post by john-doe » Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:22 pm

Greetings.

I received a Custom template for Joomla 4 but when i wanted to run it, Shows an Error 500 behavior.caption Not Found.

I'm not fully aware of what it does but i had to track all the files that use that use it and comment

Code: Select all

JHtml::_('behavior.caption');
As soon as i commented that on the files it works but i have the doubt that Is something incompatible with Joomla 4 that i'm not aware of it?

Thanks in Advance
www.aldemar-hernandez.com - Custom templates and design services.

sozzled
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Error 500 behavior.caption Not found

Post by sozzled » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:00 pm

The JHtml::_ class became deprecated in J! 3.8 and now causes a fatal error in J! 4. See https://docs.joomla.org/Potential_backw ... la_4#JHtml

The error you are getting comes from a third-party extension that does not adhere to J!'s current coding standard. Report the problem to the author of the extension and ask them to fix it.
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

sozzled
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by sozzled » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:13 pm

Also see discussion on GitHub relating to a related matters : https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/discussions/35136
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

john-doe
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by john-doe » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:45 pm

sozzled wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:00 pm
The JHtml::_ class became deprecated in J! 3.8 and now causes a fatal error in J! 4. See https://docs.joomla.org/Potential_backw ... la_4#JHtml

The error you are getting comes from a third-party extension that does not adhere to J!'s current coding standard. Report the problem to the author of the extension and ask them to fix it.
Gee, Did not expected that. To clarify if the following goes within this same spectrum. I tried to do a new Content (article) but now shows me this ON THE BACKEND. (See attachment)

--Halfway Edit--

Tried to disable plugins that allows me to add content via modal but not updated, neither before nor after upgrading to J!4. I have to verify again since auto update didn't worked and i havent noticed until now.

If something, this happens with Phoca Downlaod Button Plugin for administration.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sozzled
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by sozzled » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:31 pm

Aside from the deprecated class JHtml::_, there is another issue here that relates to attempting to use the MooTools Javascript library. J! 4 does not include MooTools.

For more information about MooTools and Joomla, see also viewtopic.php?f=715&t=989407&p=3643305#p3643292.

john-doe
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by john-doe » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:21 pm

Indeed and what is strange on all this situation is that Such plugin passes the Migration Checking.
Nothing like the good old Troubleshooting

DV-admin
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by DV-admin » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:50 pm

This comes back time and again with each of my Joomla 4 upgrades.
It's an extremely time consuming problem and especially for non programmers.
so... 500 behavior::caption not found. I think it may be caused by overrides of default article, category files??

sozzled
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by sozzled » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:33 pm

This error is caused by a third-party extension that uses the Mootools [Javascript] library. That is what the "behavior." part means. J! 4 does not support Mootools.

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 4.x”