Alternative template and pagebuilder

Everything to do with Joomla! 4.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
komir
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Alternative template and pagebuilder

Post by komir » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:33 pm

Hi everyone
I have been a very satisfied JoomShaper user for many years but in the last few months, they become very unprofessional and now I am searching for some other template and pagebuilder developer.
Can you suggest one you are using and satisfied with?
Thank you
Last edited by toivo on Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: retitled, typo

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Alternative template and pagebuilder

Post by AMurray » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:45 am

I'm happy with Joomshaper - have never used any other, and don't intend to.
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

Jeaneve
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Jeaneve » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:16 pm

I have been using Gantry 5 and Rockettheme templates for many years. There are other good systems, I found their support is excellent, that's what I go for. This past year, they have not put up as many templates, probably due to Joomla 4 arriving and them maintaining WP & Gravity systems as well. Like other products, pick a good framework and get to know it well. All of these Framework will leave a large footprint on your site. Pick wisely.

web.dev
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by web.dev » Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:12 pm

Jeaneve wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:16 pm
I have been using Gantry 5 and Rockettheme templates for many years. ... This past year, they have not put up as many templates...
Is it a number greater than zero?

aklisiewicz
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by aklisiewicz » Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:23 pm

I tried HELIX framework and SP Page Builder. Their support is OK, but the HELIX template sucks. SPB is also very good, but because the template is poorly designed it has lots of issues. I got frustrated to the point that I am about to switch to something else (despite the work I've done so far). I do not know however what else is really good ? I do not care about the price as long as I can work efficiently and no waste my time on dealing with bugs and issues.

dishon
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dishon » Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:26 pm

I have good experience with Yootheme Pro. There are no so many elements as in other builders but those which are working as it should. And than there is dynamic content, Google fonts stored locally, fast page loading, WebP image format support etc. Only downside for me is very basic menu system.

komir
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by komir » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:06 pm

aklisiewicz wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:23 pm
I tried HELIX framework and SP Page Builder. Their support is OK, but the HELIX template sucks. SPB is also very good, but because the template is poorly designed it has lots of issues. I got frustrated to the point that I am about to switch to something else (despite the work I've done so far). I do not know however what else is really good ? I do not care about the price as long as I can work efficiently and no waste my time on dealing with bugs and issues.
Did you try the Google Mobile Friendly test for your page?
Today, after the Google search console notification, I notice some problems with their templates. Google gives notifications it is not mobile-friendly. I even test their web page and gives an error (see attached screenshot)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

komir
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by komir » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:09 pm

dishon wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:26 pm
I have good experience with Yootheme Pro. There are no so many elements as in other builders but those which are working as it should. And than there is dynamic content, Google fonts stored locally, fast page loading, WebP image format support etc. Only downside for me is very basic menu system.
I tried to register on their page but there is no a registration form

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:36 pm

Not sure what you're expecting to find for Yootheme pro, but the "Join Now" (blue button on their menu) goes to the subscription plan selection page, they all include Yootheme pro, click the plan you want, that goes to the signup/checkout page.

Isn't that what you were expecting?
Regards - A Murray

komir
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by komir » Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:42 pm

AMurray wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:36 pm
Not sure what you're expecting to find for Yootheme pro, but the "Join Now" (blue button on their menu) goes to the subscription plan selection page, they all include Yootheme pro, click the plan you want, that goes to the signup/checkout page.

Isn't that what you were expecting?
I found it. I have Ghostery enabled in Chrome and the pricelist was blocked.
Seems to me Yoo is an expensive € 25 per month (€300 a year) or I am looking something wrong?

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:15 pm

You found the right page, and yes, it's a subscription-based product which covers the cost of ongoing support and development of the product.
Regards - A Murray

aklisiewicz
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by aklisiewicz » Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:12 am

SP-Builder is not to bad and amount of ready templates is rather impressive. The problem is with the framework. HELIX framework has to many bugs and is giving me lots of headache. It seems that it was developed by another company (vendor) therefore JoomShaper is not really keen on improvements (my guess only).
Support is kinda OK, but at times tickets are ignored. The amount of page objects is very impressive and I like the fact they offer complete components as well (no to many yet, but growing).

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 4.x”